Nada’s AM HWT build

Nada

It's finally here got it on may the 4th! Went for a walk in yesterday but wasn't able to get any pictures of me in kit but here's a picture of the backpack. So happy it finally arrived! Has a compartment and a camel pack in the backpack. Got it from Dave's Darkside Depot.

image0.jpg?width=508&height=677
  • Like 3

Looks GREAT, Nadas!  This is the first pack I've seen from Dave since he took over from Shawn (CrookKnight), and I gotta say I am well impressed!  One step closer to HWT, sir.

• Like 1

Should be getting some photos tomorrow but this is what I have got my shoulder pouch to sit. Sorry for shucksty mirror only one I have that was close

6070bc757595eb40ef26a88cab88c19a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First photos in my HWT today have a lot of dress issues, shoulder bell, backpack & sniper knee are big ones was good to finally get some photos in it.

858450d0809bb23ba40998dc83fd4a18.jpg
5f0ff8938abfb07aaa7d999c647c66bb.jpg
017114fd4d11988a594f3164f14e1497.jpg
96320c8baeb78976fd0f6bc15552d075.jpg
c7bf8a43b94453b55dcea267f4adc03c.jpg
a4893ae538657f9aefcd47d6707b8e48.jpg
a42ccf782aebab7d11952e935c3cbd3e.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Nice work Nada.

Thanks still a bit to do think I figured out my sniper knee have to put something behind the front to poke out more so it doesn't turn. But should have both ANH Stunt and HWT approved by the end of the year!

11 hours ago, Nada said:

Thanks still a bit to do think I figured out my sniper knee have to put something behind the front to poke out more so it doesn't turn. But should have both ANH Stunt and HWT approved by the end of the year!

Hi Nada, What I did to avoid the sniper Knee to turn is to place a piece of velcro in the front part of the Boot and the Shin and No more problem.

MAKN5iA.jpg

kfYZkqu.jpg

Hope this can help.

Cheers.  :salute:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE ON APPROVAL:

Dressing Issues(Issues can be seen in backpack photo):

"Your thighs seem to be sitting a little low. We'd like to see these raised a little to reduce the gap between the bottom of the abdominal plate and top of the thighs.

You also have a fairly large gap at the top of your left shin that we'd want to see reduced, but I'm guessing this is just a dressing issue and doing the thigh up tighter would fix this problem."

My pouldran is wrong no rivets are to be present:

"There is also a rivet on your pauldron at the front of your neck (as shown in the photo) that we'd need removed as this isn't present in the CRL."

unknown.png?width=507&height=676

My backpack can't be approved:

"You also have a knob on the top of your backpack (as shown in the photo) that isn't present in the CRL, so we need that to be removed also."

image1_11132.jpeg [

You got this, Nada! Slicing off the knob on the backpack should be pretty easy. Can you remove that rivet on the pauldron? Is there any room to bring the thighs up, either by trimming any remaining return edges at the top (though it doesn't look like you have any), or widening the thighs with larger rear cover strips? Don't lose heart - you can do it!

Edited by MaskedVengeance
  • Like 1

I'll have to rework it when I get back from college in late October early November didn't bring my kit with me so this build is on hold till then.

Edited by Nada

Man that sucks, going to be a long few months wait, all being well hopefully we'll all be able to troop by then.

Keep your spirits up Nada. Those months will arrive before you know it! I, too, am having to put my build on hold, though it looks like it’ll be indefinitely. Gonna try to update my build thread about it in the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

My armour has been approved!

I won't be going for Expert Infantry for this armour due to having to weather my armour. I like it shiny but will be modifying my backpack to have no knob which Dave Conklin has made a fix for and will be sending to me other then that this build is done as I won't be going for EIB for my HWT

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Put that charcoal powder on that armor now and get out there in EIB with all the others!

Don't make me pull this ship over to the side of the road Mister!:smiley-sw013:

All seriously now

You can wipe it off later. I swear.:duim: March to 1000? Come on big guy!!

Enough peer pressure yet?

Do it!:td:

Put that charcoal powder on that armor now and get out there in EIB with all the others!
Don't make me pull this ship over to the side of the road Mister!:smiley-sw013:
All seriously now

You can wipe it off later. I swear.:duim: March to 1000? Come on big guy!!

Enough peer pressure yet?

Do it!:td:

I know but I really just like the shiny appearance haha, also need to get my armour to EIB standards first so check out my ANH TK build thread for updates on that

• Like 1

You could always use a material that is easily polished off like charcoal, graphite powder or water based paint ;)

Even rubbing Newspaper on your armour can give a light weathering effect, and it also easily polishes off.

After consideration and peer pressure, I guess I am going for EIB on my HWT as well but first on my TK so I can make sure my armour is good

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nada said:

After consideration and peer pressure, I guess I am going for EIB on my HWT as well but first on my TK so I can make sure my armour is good

Yah! Peer Pressure!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blaster is on it’s way shame I don’t have my backpack for a while but got a fix coming with my new helmet for it this armour is not going to be shiny after ANH stunt goes through the checks.

11fe95cdc7b8898e6ae0604053415d96.jpg