Nada’s AM HWT build

Nada

Currently getting everything I need to transform my normal TK I’ve been working on into a HWT. So I have two armour sets I can switch between.

I have already received my Pauldron (Trooperbay) and ordered MP40 pouches (2 sides, one shoulder)

e60849f853193eb6be2e2631652ff019.jpg

How my AM armour looks atm with the pauldron on, should be receiving my pouches this week or next.

Thinking of getting my backpack from Dave’s Darkside Depot where I got my AM kit from $350 USD and estimated $100 USD shipping to Australia which I resides in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OUTSTANDING to know that we have another HWT about to join the ranks, Nada! :jc_doublethumbup:  Your choice of AM armor will serve you well in this role, (it's what I use for mine).  If I could give you a few tips they would be:

1.  Get a new canvas belt specifically for your HWT costume.  Even for Basic approval it can not have drop boxes or a holster, and for level 2 it can not have holes from where you removed the holster.

2.  Raise the ABS belt up a bit to where the top partially covers the lower buttons on the ab-button plates.

3.  Hopefully the MP40 pouches you ordered are "leather or leather-like".

4.  You gotta' "dirty up" that HWT armor!  HWTs have black weathering (as opposed to earth tones like Sandies), but don't go crazy with it.. (sometimes less is more).  This includes the pack.

DmW4EA2.jpg

If I can be of any help, always feel free to contact me.  By the way, EXCELLENT job on those ab-button plates!!!

OUTSTANDING to know that we have another HWT about to join the ranks, Nada! :jc_doublethumbup:  Your choice of AM armor will serve you well in this role, (it's what I use for mine).  If I could give you a few tips they would be:

1.  Get a new canvas belt specifically for your HWT costume.  Even for Basic approval it can not have drop boxes or a holster, and for level 2 it can not have holes from where you removed the holster.

2.  Raise the ABS belt up a bit to where the top partially covers the lower buttons on the ab-button plates.

3.  Hopefully the MP40 pouches you ordered are "leather or leather-like".

4.  You gotta' "dirty up" that HWT armor!  HWTs have black weathering (as opposed to earth tones like Sandies), but don't go crazy with it.. (sometimes less is more).  This includes the pack.

DmW4EA2.jpg&key=97a53a1468f958f2a6e5a712c3b3503f81a1a78d3c1111ddd763b2f0a0ed25c9

If I can be of any help, always feel free to contact me.  By the way, EXCELLENT job on those ab-button plates!!!

There’s a little secret with my belt, my drop boxes are removable my belt is chicargo screwed on!

Only planning for basic so I can switch between Stunt and HWT due to moving a lot for university but after I get an officer like uniform feeling I’m going to go full HWT and dirty it up.

MP40 pouches are full hand made leather

I might try to raise the belt later on but is currently in a good position for me personally to hold when posing I’m 5’7 so short compared to most troopers haha

Nice work Nada, I will be joining you in the HWT division this year :) it is a great way to have 2 costumes based on the OT TK.
I have a Pauldron coming and am researching pack alternatives currently.
Good luck with your builds.

• Like 2

Got posted today pretty excited for them to arrive also got more snaps and elastic to redo some strapping aswell as add some new ones

7c0f733719901730944163503f0b4a7b.plist

• Like 1

Those pouches look great! Might I ask where you purchased them? I’m in search of some myself for my HWT build.

I got them made from Gungnirs Flight in the SCG forums, got my holster for my TK off him as well. I think he just only ships in Australia not sure tho. Does amazing work

• Like 1

I think he just only ships in Australia not sure tho.

Thanks Nada! My mom sees her sisters from OZ about every year, but it sounds like I’ll need to seek an alternative. I’ve actually now found something that may work. =)

Been working on my pouch placement and have got it here. Just wanted to ask if this is to low for the shoulder pouch placment
79f119cd3869abac3b1dc2f4ed187fb9.jpg

The shoulder pouch looks a bit low, Nadas, and would probably get in your way.  I found that attaching it directly to the strap on the pack works really well.

E1V90bH.jpg?1ZM9BWjV.jpg?3   qdw7u2L.jpg?1

The shoulder pouch looks a bit low, Nadas, and would probably get in your way.  I found that attaching it directly to the strap on the pack works really well.

E1V90bH.jpg?1&key=05c90f2c5c759b606ccfb9bc5bd0d55599b91a5137f86f3d567247d88a116c58ZM9BWjV.jpg?3&key=be953d0c58118bf0e2caa9f1982a079f60207bed4ee2735fe84dda25812e9c02   qdw7u2L.jpg?1&key=df7c09c490bc3a2ff4bbb961af94f165eb9ce026b0541b74c1e8144432d15331

I might try that when I get my backpack thanks for the suggestion!

Build is being put on hold till my TK ANH STUNT is done but I have ordered the backpack and should be here in 2-3 weeks

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently thinking of going full HWT this has been on my mind for a while due to my wonky/werid looking back armour because of my size:
feb2aa40fdf2e86a2a60273176c1738a.jpg

Ain't nothing wrong with a HWT, they are awesome!
I love the look and already ordered the backpack but idk if you’re allowed to have 2 costume for one armour set also I wouldn’t mind making it battleworn

Yes you can have two costumes from the one armour, just make sure you meet the CRL for both.
The belt for example.
TK has drop boxes and a holster
HWT, no drop boxes and no holster nor can it have the holes where the holster is mounted so you need some extra parts. Two belts is easiest.
Also no weathering on a TK but you can make removable weathering.
One technique is the use a newspaper and run the pages against the armour. The ink will transfer but it can simply be polished off when you decide to troop as a Shiny what’re TK.

• Like 1

Just now, Sly11 said:

Yes you can have two costumes from the one armour, just make sure you meet the CRL for both.
The belt for example.
TK has drop boxes and a holster
HWT, no drop boxes and no holster nor can it have the holes where the holster is mounted so you need some extra parts. Two belts is easiest.
Also no weathering on a TK but you can make removable weathering.
One technique is the use a newspaper and run the pages against the armour. The ink will transfer but it can simply be polished off when you decide to troop as a Shiny what’re TK.

Made my belt with removable dropboxes, and the holes are not easy to see with my pouches on but due to my back armor. I personally don't like it to much and covering it up til I loose enough weight where the back looks good.

• Like 2