Newbie from Germany

Roukie 1

Belated happy new year to all of you.

I´m Andreas from good ol´ germany. 

Being a Star Wars fan for so many years, I finally decided to build my own Armor. I will try to become a R1 TK following the 501st Standards.

Since I began researching Infos about buying, building and so on, there´s not much time left for anything else :)) It´s quite time consuming but also interresting and exciting to follow WIPs and Videos on YT.

I finally bought a TK Kit from 850 Armor Works. Until BBB day I will continue gathering Infos as much as possible.

That´s all so far.

Hello and welcome aboard, good luck with the research, looking forward to seeing your build very soon

Hi Andreas and welcome here. I see you are located in NRW (me too), so in the end you will join the same squad (White Shadows Squad). I am one of two Attachés this squad has, so if you run into any questions, feel free to contact me via PM here.

In case your BBB day is still far away, you might want to use the time to build a blaster...?!

Looking forward to your build thread and trooping together in the future. :smiley-sw013:

Welcome to FISD Andreas, and great to see you have started your journey to becoming a Stormtrooper.

You will find no shortage of helpful people and good information here to help make your task easier.

I look forward to seeing a build thread and your progress in the near future.

Hi Guys,

thanks for your welcomes. Currently I´m sorting out where to get my soft parts and other stuff needed. Not quite easy for a noobie to this. 

I always thought, my english isn´t that bad, but now I realize it´s not really the yellow of the egg.:unsure::laugh1: But giving up is no option.

Don't let that bring you down, Andreas. A few years ago, I was in the exact same situation. It will start getting easier, once you are familiar with all the specific terms, being used here and for your type of costume. Another help might be an (online) translator. Helped me a lot and I am still using it almost daily. If that does not work for you, there also is a section of FISD in German language.

However, in case you feel overwhelmed and think about stopping your activities, I would suggest to register on the forum of the German Garrison instead. Just be aware, there are not many R1 TKs out there and for specific questions you might be asked to head to the FISD again.

Hi Tino,

I first registered to the german forum and thought it can´t be wrong to register here also. 

You´re right, information about R1TK are quite little. But I will go for it. Once set in mind. Meanwhile I know a lot about the ANH TK :D

My list of tools and other things needed is growing daily. Thanks to online shopping, things keep coming in, too. 

The tension grows.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:01 PM, Roukie 1 said:

(...)   You´re right, information about R1TK are quite little. But I will go for it. Once set in mind. Meanwhile I know a lot about the ANH TK :D   (...)

Not sure if I got that right, but in case you should change your mind, I can help you much more on a classic TK, than a R1 TK. Not pushing you, just offering help.

I guess there must be a reason why the ANH Stunts are the most preferred type of TK all over the world.