DLT 19D Build & rebuild

Gilbert Lai

I know DLT 19D is not really a weapon for TK, but its special design really attracts me, 

I got the file from CG Traders and printed out around half year ago, but the quality was very poor due to wrong setting, 

49320441803_1efa982aa5_o_d.jpg49320936066_af7d8b3586_o_d.jpg

as you can see the surface was very rough and ugly. 

I was quite disappointing so just leave it at corner.:glare:

during my last sick leave at home (influenza A), I dig it out again and starting to do sanding, hope that I can make it usable.

luckily, after several rounds of sanding and few layers of primer / filler, the result was quite good.

forgive me that I am not using screen accurate scope, as this is the real scope  I can find locally. 

49321149077_a78032b471_o_d.jpg

49320441723_f5e6f6d85a_o_d.jpg

49320441713_65f574d872_o_d.jpg

49321149162_3cec7f7e3e_o_d.jpg

so the final question is, do I need to build a DT to troop with it? or just troop it with my HWT? :smiley-sw013::0Lighten::Stormtrooper_walk_south:

have a good weekend ahead. 

Edited by Gilbert Lai

You can troop with any weapon you like, Gilbert.   Although this is definitely a cool looking BFG, it was designed for Special Ops (Deathtrooper) and (in my opinion) would look way out of place with your HWT, especially if there is another HWT carrying a regular DLT-19.

FANTASTIC job on sanding/filling those print lines, and glad to see that you added the wire around the T-tracks, which is something a lot of folks don't do.  :duim:

9 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

You can troop with any weapon you like, Gilbert.   Although this is definitely a cool looking BFG, it was designed for Special Ops (Deathtrooper) and (in my opinion) would look way out of place with your HWT, especially if there is another HWT carrying a regular DLT-19.

FANTASTIC job on sanding/filling those print lines, and glad to see that you added the wire around the T-tracks, which is something a lot of folks don't do.  :duim:

Thank you mate, I may use it while I finish my tactical scout trooper (non cannon) ;).

Edited by Gilbert Lai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice BFG Gilbert, just a few differences between the DLT19 carried by TK's in A new hope and troopers from R1 but a nice blaster to have regardless.