1st ANH TK Build Thread

TK 213

Hello everybody, I decided to pull the trigger and order an armor kit from Dave’s Darkside Depot, should be shipping in the next few days! He is assembling the helmet for me, and am also getting TD Clips from him and Nomex gloves. I will be shooting for Cenution right off the bat, and will be starting to order softgoods in the coming days. 

Haven’t decided to go for Stunt or Hero, but since most people are doing stunt I think I might follow suit. I also plan to look into a wireless microphone and speaker setup that is all contained in the helmet. If at all possible I do not want to have any amps or anything in the chest piece. I’ve been reading a lot of threads and will continue to do research to make sure it’s done right the first time! Let me know if you guys have any pointers or advice or people I should be in contact with. I’m keeping my eye open for when TrooperBay (?) and imperial boots are taking orders. 

I will update this thread regularly as I get parts and assemble!

Sounds like you have done your research well, looking forward to those BBB photos and progress, good luck

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 5:14 PM, TK 213 said:

He is assembling the helmet for me, and am also getting TD Clips from him and Nomex gloves. I will be shooting for Centurion right off the bat, and will be starting to order softgoods in the coming days.

Welcome to FISD, Rick! It sounds like we're on the same path to a Centurion-level ANH Stunt TK! Just a little note—for level 3 approval you will need to purchase some rubber chemical-style gloves, at least for your submission photos. Here are some links at Trooperbay and Amazon. A word of advice, though, which I mention in my own build thread. DO NOT purchase the flexible hand guards from Trooperbay. Instead, get them from justjoseph63 here. His are both cheaper, and of superior quality, and I have comparison photos on this post of my thread.

As you make a final purchase decision regarding your E-11 blaster, let me know if you'd like any supplemental photos from other angles not shown in my Hellhounds E-11 review. I'm happy to assist a fellow builder!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2020 at 5:53 AM, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome to FISD, Rick! It sounds like we're on the same path to a Centurion-level ANH Stunt TK! Just a little note—for level 3 approval you will need to purchase some rubber chemical-style gloves, at least for your submission photos. Here are some links at Trooperbay and Amazon. A word of advice, though, which I mention in my own build thread. DO NOT purchase the flexible hand guards from Trooperbay. Instead, get them from justjoseph63 here. His are both cheaper, and of superior quality, and I have comparison photos on this post of my thread.

As you make a final purchase decision regarding your E-11 blaster, let me know if you'd like any supplemental photos from other angles not shown in my Hellhounds E-11 review. I'm happy to assist a fellow builder!

I just talked to Dave his weekend and pulled the trigger on an AM 4.5 TK set myself. I am calling him this week to determine which build I am going with but thinking the stunt as well ( centurion) . Dave has been super helpful, his customer service is top knotch! Cant wait for BBB to arrive , lets keep in touch with regards to our builds!

Great to hear that you pulled the trigger on your armor purchase, Jeff!  You are going to be more that pleased with AM, and as you mentioned, Dave is awesome to deal with.  Looking forward to seeing your build thread!!  :popcorn: