First Build for Tetchra Fett (cali)

Tetchra Fett

I have a question, please forgive my newness to armor building. I am a little confused about the difference between TK hero and stunt; also the difference between new hope and the Empire strikes back armor. Thank you for your patience with all of my questions.

2 hours ago, Tetchra Fett said:

I have a question, please forgive my newness to armor building. I am a little confused about the difference between TK hero and stunt; also the difference between new hope and the Empire strikes back armor. Thank you for your patience with all of my questions.

Hey Nathan!

The main differences from Stunt to Hero is primarily in the helmet. The teeth are different, as well as the Hero having bubble lenses and the Stunt having flat lenses.

The differences from A New Hope to Empire Strikes Back are the frown is painted black for ESB, where as ANH is gray, as well as the holster being on the right for ESB instead of on the left which is ANH.

Hope this helped!

Edited by StarTrooper

52 minutes ago, StarTrooper said:

Hey Nathan!

The main differences from Stunt to Hero is primarily in the helmet. The teeth are different, as well as the Hero having bubble lenses and the Stunt having flat lenses.

The differences from A New Hope to Empire Strikes Back are the frown is painted black for ESB, where as ANH is gray, as well as the holster being on the right for ESB instead of on the left which is ANH.

Hope this helped!

yes this really helped thank you!

• Like 1

Hi Nathan!  Here are 2 links that will help show the differences:

ANH Stunt-  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

ANH Hero-  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

Here is a link that has illustrations that outline the differences - these are a bit dated but give you the idea.

There are a bunch of images there but this is the one that sums up the differences between ANH and ESB.

Belt - which side

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Here is a link that has illustrations that outline the differences - these are a bit dated but give you the idea.

There are a bunch of images there but this is the one that sums up the differences between ANH and ESB.

Belt - which side

Would it be improper to have everything be ANH except for an ESB holster on the right side?

10 minutes ago, Tetchra Fett said:

Would it be improper to have everything be ANH except for an ESB holster on the right side?

Unfortunately, yes.  ANH is left side - in fact, if you look at many of the scenes where the troopers are standing at attention or in formation, they are holding the blasters left-handed.  This has to do with the magazine on the blaster rubbing against the armour when it is held in the right hand or in a right hand holster.  

Once you are approved I guess you could change the side of the holster but for approval and cannon troops it should be on the correct side

It will be pretty much ready to go right out of the box, Nathan, but you may need a few tweaks here and there.  Since you have to get Basic 501st approval first, what I would suggest is that you check out this thread:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43831-tk-pre-approval-program-overview/

Once you get your armor, post up the photos/info. asked for there and we can suggest any needed modifications.

When you are ready to submit for Basic approval, you will have to choose your official TK ID number (list of available numbers here) and submit the photos to your local GML (list here).

After Basic approval, you will need to request Legion access here on the FISD.

After you get that, you can get info. for Expert Infantry here.  Next up, Centurion!

I know it seems like a lot of steps, but it's a lot easier than you think.  With an RS commission suit you should be good to go all the way with minimal (if any) issues.

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

It will be pretty much ready to go right out of the box, Nathan, but you may need a few tweaks here and there.  Since you have to get Basic 501st approval first, what I would suggest is that you check out this thread:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43831-tk-pre-approval-program-overview/

Once you get your armor, post up the photos/info. asked for there and we can suggest any needed modifications.

When you are ready to submit for Basic approval, you will have to choose your official TK ID number (list of available numbers here) and submit the photos to your local GML (list here).

After Basic approval, you will need to request Legion access here on the FISD.

After you get that, you can get info. for Expert Infantry here.  Next up, Centurion!

I know it seems like a lot of steps, but it's a lot easier than you think.  With an RS commission suit you should be good to go all the way with minimal (if any) issues.

okay thank you very much. Unfortunately, I have some saving to do before I will be able to purchase the uniform.

23 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Unfortunately, yes.  ANH is left side - in fact, if you look at many of the scenes where the troopers are standing at attention or in formation, they are holding the blasters left-handed.  This has to do with the magazine on the blaster rubbing against the armour when it is held in the right hand or in a right hand holster.  

okay, thank you! I am left handed so it should not be to hard to get used to holding it left handed (I'm right eye dominant) 

• Like 1

Hi Nathan
RS Prop are one of the few armour kits built with all the requirements for Centurion.
Of course the armour also needs to fit you well and commission builds don’t always fit just right. Be prepared to make minor adjustments to strapping and possible minor trimming if it’s not fitting quite right.
We have a pre approval section where you can add photos of you in armour and you will get the right feedback for any possible adjustments.
RS are good at what they do and a reputable seller and builder so fear not.
Good luck and looking forward to seeing you approved to Centurion level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

Hi Nathan
RS Prop are one of the few armour kits built with all the requirements for Centurion.
Of course the armour also needs to fit you well and commission builds don’t always fit just right. Be prepared to make minor adjustments to strapping and possible minor trimming if it’s not fitting quite right.
We have a pre approval section where you can add photos of you in armour and you will get the right feedback for any possible adjustments.
RS are good at what they do and a reputable seller and builder so fear not.
Good luck and looking forward to seeing you approved to Centurion level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay, thank you so much. it will be some time unfortunately for me to save up for the selling price. best case I will have the money to buy it by summer, worse  case in two years. I will--during this time-- be researching all that I can. thank you all for helping me so much already and I look forward to joining your ranks.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:47 AM, Tetchra Fett said:

When ordering shoes from RS, what size should I get as I am a US mens 13 and there shoes are in UK sizes? I ask because I am looking for others who have maybe ordered from them and know how they fit compared to other brands.

Back when i ordered from RS (september 2019) they accepted UK and US sizes (Quickly checked the old mails for that). Probably easiest to tell your size as US one and labeling it as us size

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

When I was six years old, I was introduced into Star Wars and fell in love with clone troopers. Two years later I decided to follow them into the Empire. Some time after that I started saving my money for stormtrooper armor. I dreamed of my real future 501st family. Ten years later (and several action figures) I felt like I had saved enough to buy my stormtrooper armor. I started researching and in that process I found the FISD. After finding out the process of building armor, I realized that I did not have the time and space (or money for an error) to build it myself. I decided to save up a bit more for prebuilt RS armor. I planed to stay active here and keep looking for alternatives, but I have not been active for several months now. My laptop broke down, and I had to repair it. It took almost all of my savings that I had set aside for my armor. It will be a long time before I am able to save the amount again. I think I might have enough to finish my Imperial officer uniform that I had started building. If any of you don't mind transferring me over I would really appreciate it. I will still hang out here and look forward to the day that I get to join you in armor. Thank you for being the Imperial family I always dreamed of.

Sincerely,

Tetchra Fett