RascalSnaps Installation/Support/Research Thread

Reserved for a thread explaining installation and offering support for troopers running RascalSnap systems.

This thread is for assistance only and kits are not currently available at this time. But maybe someday soon ;) 

Thank you for your interest in RascalSnaps! This Line-24 snap-based strapping system is designed for Original Trilogy Stormtrooper, Shadow Trooper, and Sand Trooper suits from all makers and is made to be fully adjustable to the wearer and ‘one-size-fits-most’. They are the result of years of research and development and each piece has been thought about carefully!

Thank you and enjoy!

RascalSnaps Original Trilogy Stormtrooper Strapping System

-------

RascalSnaps Packages Include:

Basic Kit

❒   (2) 2” White shoulder straps (sewn in snaps)
       ❒ (2) 1” Shoulder to shoulder-bell drops
       ❒ (2) ¼” White Centurion elastic retainers

❒   (2) 1” Shoulder-bell to bicep elastic straps
❒   (2) 1” Lengths of elastic around bicep (glue in)
❒   (2) ❒ 1”    ❒ 2” Bicep to forearm elastic straps

❒   Left side clamshell connection
       ❒   (2) 1” Nylon male connections (glue in)
       ❒   (3) 1” Nylon female straps  

❒   Right side clamshell connection
       ❒   (2) 1” Nylon male connections (glue in)
       ❒   (3) 1” Elastic female straps

❒   (1) 1” Cod strap   ❒  Anovos   ❒  Standard
❒   (2) Chest to ab panel straps (longest)
❒   (2) Back to kidney panel straps (medium)
❒   (3) Kidney to posterior panel straps (shortest)

❒   (20) Male 2-snap tabs (glue in, +2 extras)
❒   (10) Male 1-snap tabs (glue in, +2 extras)

❒   Deluxe Kit Option
       ❒   Velcro garter duty belt - Size: _____
       ❒   (2) 1” Nylon/velcro thigh garter drops  

❒   Full Kit Options
       ❒   (1) Line-24 right side “Han” snap
       ❒   (2) Line-24 cod to posterior snaps
       ❒   (1) Nickel split-rivet for cod
       ❒   (2) Nickel split-rivet for knee ammo pack
       ❒   (6) Nickel split-rivet, left side kidney/ab
       ❒   (2) White belt drop box elastic lengths
       ❒   (2) Rear shin closure velcro
       ❒   (2) Handguard elastic lengths + retainer

FAQ

Who makes these?

RascalSnaps are designed and made by Justin Reed, “TheRascalKing”, 501st Legion TK-61490 (4x Centurion #396), in sunny Southern California.

Are custom kits available?

Not really - there is a pretty wide degree of adjustment available in every kit pending where you glue the tabs in, and there are several options you can choose from. I am happy to make any reasonable accommodation, but what I won't do is answer "I am XX millimeters tall and XX stone, will this fit me?" posts.

Are kits warrantied?

All kits are warrantied for parts and labor for 1 year or 25 troops, whichever comes first. Please contact me here or by email at contactJustinReed@gmail.com with any questions or warranty concerns. I will typically send out a new strap at no cost, just pay for shipping.

Are these kits screen accurate?

In short, no. Please look into a bracket system for true-to-screen rigging. I personally believe these kits are better and more functional than brackets or any other strapping kit currently available for purchase.

Are these kits L3 Centurion approvable?

Absolutely. The kit includes and fulfills all L3 Centurion requirements at this time. Several mentees and I have been approved as such many times over.

Snap Placement Guide

(credit to TK-1650 - BillHag for these diagrams)

20160319234948-8771fecd-me.jpg

20160319234948-97e94c43-me.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing
link not working removed

20160319234947-e84440f8-me.jpg

Shoutout to wingnut65 for the below diagram as well.

wXbXJe1.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of kits installed in customer suits!

CYg86o5.jpg

4C1B2Y2.jpg

8zaLBpU.jpg

FiGQ6Ov.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Justin!  Great to see that you are offering these (they will save folks a LOT of work)!  :jc_doublethumbup:  Fantastic photos, and nice idea including the diagrams!

But, since this is a sales thread, it needs to be listed in the "Ongoing Sales & Project Runs" area here.

You will also need to list the price, as well as shipping costs, and note that as per our rules "All merchandise must be "in hand" and ready to ship before accepting payment".

If you need help moving it, just PM any staff member and we will get that done for ya'.  Best of luck in your venture!

8 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Justin!  Great to see that you are offering these (they will save folks a LOT of work)!  :jc_doublethumbup:  Fantastic photos, and nice idea including the diagrams!

But, since this is a sales thread, it needs to be listed in the "Ongoing Sales & Project Runs" area here.

You will also need to list the price, as well as shipping costs, and note that as per our rules "All merchandise must be "in hand" and ready to ship before accepting payment".

If you need help moving it, just PM any staff member and we will get that done for ya'.  Best of luck in your venture!

Hey @justjoseph63 - not for public sale just yet, just starting a support thread for some local guys and in case I DO end up opening runs to FISD members. So no prices or ordering info just yet. If I reach that point again (maybe this summer after finishing my cancer treatment) and am actively selling these, I will absolutely start a new thread in the correct place with all that in mind. Thanks for looking out, but please disregard this thread for now :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Hey @justjoseph63 - not for public sale just yet, just starting a support thread for some local guys and in case I DO end up opening runs to FISD members. So no prices or ordering info just yet. If I reach that point again (maybe this summer after finishing my cancer treatment) and am actively selling these, I will absolutely start a new thread in the correct place with all that in mind. Thanks for looking out, but please disregard this thread for now :)

Roger that, Justin.  I hope you feel better, brother, and our thoughts are with ya'.

Take it easy Justin, we will be here for you when you get back up to full health. Good luck with your treatment brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, g60racer said:

Super helpful to have this thread with pictures.  Thanks!

Aaaaaaand since you brought it up, I went back and added a couple pictures of kits installed in people's suits! Hopefully they help, though I can't take credit for the other diagrams, as noted. We'll see what the future holds for RascalSnaps but it's always nice to get positive feedback! 

Edited by TheRascalKing

• TheRascalKing changed the title to RascalSnaps Installation/Support/Research Thread

Thought I would share a new set of shoulder straps that I made for @TattooedStormtrooper, who was having issues with his shoulder bells pulling away from this shoulder bridges due to the lateral stretch allowed by the type of elastic I was using. I'm always keeping an open ear for ways to improve my kits, so when he researched and recommended a new brand of elastic with a firmer flex for me to try out, I jumped at the chance with the below as the result. With the RascalSnaps system, these took seconds to swap into his suit with the existing anchors and are a significant upgrade.

You'll notice the double Line-24 snap connections at each corner, the integrated Centurion elastic tie-downs so they never get lost, and the hand-sewn snaps to the nylon web shoulder drops. These things barely sag at ALL now and these are probably the nicest ones I've made yet. I immediately ordered a bunch from the same company and will be switching my kits over to this type of elastic at some (but not all) connecting points, as the stretch is firm and quality is excellent. I also ordered some black 1" of the same kind and will likely use that instead of nylon for most kits, as a little stretch at the shoulder will allow for better range of motion. 

Anyways, thought I'd share. I'm still only making these kits on demand primarily for local members who troop frequently, but feedback has been great for years at this point. Feel free to emulate my system if it helps! 

9cTvokb.jpg

• Like 4