Expensive start ..

Daniel9789

This is the forum I'm looking for and you do not need to see my identification ..

Dont worry, ill get my coat!

Joined the forum after being a brand new RWA Facebook member. Im new to costume building but a long term fan. Decided to bite the bullet this week and start the journey.

Just completed some of my purchases over the festive week with just the actual 'armour' to go now.

Aiming for Centurion status from the off, because as they say, go hard or go home!

Thanks for having me :) .. here's what ive bought ..

RWA TK Stormtrooper Helmet

Under Armour Heat Gear Top

Under Armour Heat Gear Bottoms

Under Armour Heat Gear Balaclava

Imperial Warfighters TK Stormtrooper Boots

Imperial Warfighters TK Stormtrooper Latex Gloves

TRamp BlastFX5 E11 Blaster

TRamp TK Stormtrooper Amplifier & Remote

TroopaCoola Variable Speed fans

Anker Battery Pack

Burk Designs Canvas TK Stormtrooper Belt

Burk Designs Leather E11 Holster

The Imperial Seamstress Neck Seal

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to FISD.

Just wondering where are you from, you might want to rethink your choice of under suit for the summer, the heat gear type might cause exhaustion under the sun since the armor will trap your body heat inside.

Welcome to FISD!

Im guessing your a UK member? If so make sure you head over to the UK Garrison and get your WIP thread going over there too as its a requirement of the clearance process. 

Good luck trooper. 

17 hours ago, giskard8 said:

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to FISD.

Just wondering where are you from, you might want to rethink your choice of under suit for the summer, the heat gear type might cause exhaustion under the sun since the armor will trap your body heat inside.

The UK, I believe the heat gear name is the one for the thin stuff that keeps you cool. It’s the cold gear you don’t want as that stuff makes you SWEAT! ;)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Welcome to FISD!

Im guessing your a UK member? If so make sure you head over to the UK Garrison and get your WIP thread going over there too as its a requirement of the clearance process. 

Good luck trooper. 

I am indeed :) awaiting approval to join UKG as we speak :)

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Daniel, looks like you have a great start already with some exciting times ahead. Yes you are in the right place for all the help you could ever hope for plus the UKG have some high standards and great helping as well.
Look forward to seeing your rise to Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Welcome to FISD Daniel, looks like you have a great start already with some exciting times ahead. Yes you are in the right place for all the help you could ever hope for plus the UKG have some high standards and great helping as well.
Look forward to seeing your rise to Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking forward to getting my UKG membership approved so I can begin my WIP :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel9789 said:

I’m looking forward to getting my UKG membership approved so I can begin my WIP :)

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Daniel!  As Chris mentioned, a build thread will be your best friend on your TK journey.  You can (and should) post as many questions as you like along with LOTS of photos of your progress!  This also allows you to get advice for any issues that may arise, (we all had them).  One thing I always suggest is that during your build, if you are unsure about something always, always ask before cutting or gluing and include a pic of the area in question.  Trust me.

There are a ton of great folks in the UKG, and depending on your location there may be someone who can help you on a local level, so I would recommend adding the city you live in to your FISD account setting.

We are here for ya', and I look forward to watching your progress!

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Daniel!  As Chris mentioned, a build thread will be your best friend on your TK journey.  You can (and should) post as many questions as you like along with LOTS of photos of your progress!  This also allows you to get advice for any issues that may arise, (we all had them).  One thing I always suggest is that during your build, if you are unsure about something always, always ask before cutting or gluing and include a pic of the area in question.  Trust me.

There are a ton of great folks in the UKG, and depending on your location there may be someone who can help you on a local level, so I would recommend adding the city you live in to your FISD account setting.

We are here for ya', and I look forward to watching your progress!

Very kind thank you!

WIP here you mean or on UKG? I’ve sent UKG approval but not been approved and got in yet so hoping that happens soon :)

20 hours ago, Daniel9789 said:

Very kind thank you!

WIP here you mean or on UKG? I’ve sent UKG approval but not been approved and got in yet so hoping that happens soon :)

If by WIP you mean "work in progress" in regards to the build thread I suggest doing it here on the FISD and the UKG site.  We have a lot of knowledgeable people here, and so do they.  All of us are more than ready to help in any way we can.