ESB E-11

Greetings all, 

Hope you’ve all had a good Christmas. 

Having quite a bit of time off work, I’ve had time to read up, and watch videos, mainly looking at the differences in armour in the original trilogy, and I’m leaning more towards ESB, being originally interested in ANH. To that end, is this a passable ESB blaster? Anything missing, that you can see, apart from paint? 

E958743E-6646-4F1E-898F-C821D9781D96.jpeg

04C83B37-BB71-4520-8A1A-8A05EF640C5D.jpeg

Or this one, again from 3D-props.com, which as far as i can tell is pretty accurate, but as always, i trust the opinion of the old sweats in this outfit :salute:

The CRL talks about a ridge, not a rail, so i looked around. Following advice i read elsewhere in this forum to not trust the CRL entirely, but use the films, i found some pictures which i hope make the 3D-props.com model viable, but an experienced eye will see more than i can. Opinions, please? 

68D5F260-27EE-4F70-A576-6E457A65269D.jpeg

D1E53296-7845-440A-9B7C-A75C2500D420.jpeg

F7CBC8DC-20C5-4F7B-8857-3709C948627F.jpeg

There are 2 types of E-11 you can use with your ESB TK costume. One is just an ANH E-11 stripped of the Power Cylinder and the Counter, preferably with a M-19 scope (as in the third photo you posted just above).

The other one is the "Promo" version as seen in your first photo, this one is a bit tricky; If you check the CRL it listed all the requirements short of the 7th rubber track, which just covered the holes on the lower left hand side between the magazine receiver and the bayonet mount. RS props has a replica of this version listed on their store they claimed is a direct replication from the one used in the promo shots (which is just a piece of solid cast resin from a slightly offset L/R mold).

If you want a Promo version one has the original juice, you can check out RS props website. If you like the promo style but like a cleaner version of it, I say 3D-Props for a one-stop solution or, you can download the parts from thingiverse and modify your own build.

But if you want one just to go out and troop, a stripped ANH might offer you the simplest solution.

Edited by giskard8

Yeah, I contacted RS. They’re only selling ESB E-11s with full armour commissions, so that option’s out. I read the CRL about the Promo. I’m just after something that is passable, and good enough for the 501st. Finally, I’ve no access to a 3D printer. They’re not all that common where i live, but I’ll ask around. 

Thanks very much. Most helpful! :duim: