Happy Holidays Everyone / Joys of Parenthood

Ruffalo

Parenthood is a gift and a blessing. It’s also an incredibly humbling experience that is not often discussed, especially by men ( which is unfortunate ) It is truly a privilege and honor to be a loving Father to my two beautiful and extraordinary little girls. The joy they bring me is unparalleled, as is the way they have forever changed me. The moment you lay your eyes on your child at birth and hold them in your arms you sense a change. Your DNA, your state of mind, sense of responsibility, how you process emotions and how you react to them ( physically or emotionally ) has changed in an instance. It’s profound. Some may simply say that parenthood made them “soft” but it’s more than that, and I believe it’s for the better. 

I openly admit that my little angels have made me more sensitive and much more emotional. Good News, Bad News.... it really doesn’t matter. Through empathy I suppose, I transpose and associate everything with myself. If I can’t relate, I image going through it myself and consider what I might feel like if it were me and my family. The result; overwhelming emotion and waterworks. Yes, WATERWORKS. If you have children you know exactly what I’m taking about - whether you admit it or not. I took my daughters to see Frozen ( both 1 and 2 on separate occasions ) and yup.... I cried.

Today, for Christmas, I took my Dad to see Star Wars Rise of Skywalker... and you guessed it, I cried.

At the end.... yup, I cried EVEN MORE. I wish I was wearing my bucket. It’s too funny! But I love it.

Merry Christmas everyone! It’s been a pleasure being a part of this community, having you all as friends, getting to know you better and trooping alongside you. 

Enjoy the holiday; regardless of what you do or do not believe in, whatever your faith is or is not, our differences make us stronger and we are united by a common purpose... giving back to our communities through costuming and selfless charity. Bad Guys, Doing Good.

I hope 2020 brings all of you and your family good fortune.

Respectfully,

TK-41808

• Like 4

Beautiful story, my Dad snuck me out of the house in 1977 to a drive in theatre to see A New Hope, didn't want my brother knowing as he was too young to understand the movie, to this day this was the only thing my Dad and I did together without any other family member.

I've not had the opportunity to be a Dad myself but I do get a kick out of the smiles I see on younglings faces when I'm in costume and hearing stories from others, much like yours.

All the best to you and yours for 2020 and hope you have an amazing year. 

Cheers

TK85421

2 hours ago, paitken said:

Merry Christmas everyone! It’s been a pleasure being a part of this community, having you all as friends, getting to know you better and trooping alongside you. 

Enjoy the holiday; regardless of what you do or do not believe in, whatever your faith is or is not, our differences make us stronger and we are united by a common purpose... giving back to our communities through costuming and selfless charity. Bad Guys, Doing Good.

I hope 2020 brings all of you and your family good fortune.

Respectfully,

TK-41808

Best Whishes for you and your family too and have a extremely blessed  2020 and lets continue  being  the Bad Guys Doing Good !!  :dancing-trooper:

Thank you for sharing  your story Phillip.

Having a child is indeed a blessing and definitely changes you in more ways than you can believe.

Best wishes and good fortune to you, your family, and the whole of our costuming community.

FISD is a great place, so here's to a fantastic 2020 for everyone.

• Like 1

Agreed, my son is the best thing that has happened to me and changed my life in a great way. He’s also the reason I became a storm trooper and joined the 501st. And now he is over StarWars and likes Marvel so go figure, LOL.