Fox's AP ANH Hero Build

Fox

Hello Everyone! As I mentioned in another thread, I pulled the trigger a couple months ago on a complete AP ANH Hero build from Mark. I’ve purchased and received everything except the armor, which I am impatiently waiting on! :::Taps boot:::

I thought I’d go ahead and start my thread, I’m hoping my beer gut doesn’t require too many alterations to reach Centurion but we’ll see. Below is my list and I will post pictures as I can. I do want to thank everyone who’s contributed to the newbie threads, especially those giving advice on where to go (and not to go). I feel like I did my due diligence as a result.

Armor – Authentic Props (Coming Soon)

Helmet – Authentic Props (Coming Soon)

Belt and Thermal Detonator – Authentic Props (Coming Soon)

Holster – Authentic Props (Coming Soon)

Gloves – Authentic Props (Coming Soon)

E-11 Blaster – Quest Design Canada

Boots – Imperial Boots

Neck Seal – Trooper Bay

Under Suit (2 piece) – Lavento Compression Top and Athlio Compression Bottoms – Amazon

Helmet Fans – Henry’s Dual Fan Cooling Kit – Trooper Bay

Communication Equipment – iComm Unit and Aker 10 Watt Amplifier – TK Products

Empire Cap (for when the lid is off) – Amazon

The accessories are exciting and all but receiving the blaster really started bringing home that I was actually going to "be" a Stormtrooper. Definite shout out to Brett for this beauty. I found a reticle on the net and printed it out as a temporary addition, I’ll see down the road if I want to do anything more daring. (Does this count as my first alteration!?!)

1275631371_FoxE11a.jpg.905e8bcb03335602e7956bc70c4cfaaf.jpg405167651_FoxE11b.thumb.jpg.65b2f1049dbea718f4472ded6969a765.jpg

• Like 2

Hello, Brian, and a big CONGRATS for pulling the trigger on your AP purchase!  Fantastic to know that you are aiming for Level 3 approval, and we will help get you there.  As has been mentioned, commissioned armor may need a bit of tweaking here and there to get that badge under your name, but you can do it!

Once you get the armor, what I would recommend is to check out this thread, and then post the required pics/info/ here.

This will allow us to give you advice and suggestions (if needed) before you submit for Basic 501st approval.  After Basic approval, on to Expert Infantry and then Centurion! :salute:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Armor is in!!! Woot..

So I now have everything and am super pumped. Mark did a fantastic job, everything looks awesome. My first attempt to wear it didn't go great tho. There is some strapping issues which I totally anticipated. The only thing really slowing me down now is the gauntlets, apparently my Popeye forearms are too big and I can get them all the way on. Mark and I spoke and I am in the process of reworking those a bit, I'm trying to take my time and do it well so I don't jeopardize Centurion status. I hope to post some pictures for comment by all you experts some time next week. I'll make a new thread as Joseph recommended. Thanks for the support everyone!

Fox out

Armor.jpg

• Like 4

I had the same issues with my forearms,  added a V gap and was able to keep cover strips within centurion ranges.  Also a hot bath with boiling water to reshape helped a lot,  careful not to burn yourself or get armor too soft.

If you have any questions you can ask them here or PM me.

That sniper knee placement looks great,  many hope Mark will make a post or video to help us with keeping it center and level.

• Like 1