Torso and chest/back issues

Hey everyone! So I am having some fitting issues with my AP armor. So when just normally standing my chest does not overlap my abs and my back is a bit high for my kidney plate. I am not 100% sure what the issue is, but it seems like when I push up the crotch higher, the ab seems to go under the chest and the back lines up to the kidneys better. A few questions:

1. Do you think that is best to raise the torso up to the chest rather than mess with the chest?

2. If so, should I create some kind of suspenders for the torso to keep it raised in the right place?

3. And for my shoulders, I think the elastic is a little too long and my shoulder straps cannot reach my back. Should I shorten the white elastic or move the black snaps under the chest/back to create less slack for the shoulder straps?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

c76pWU8.jpg

vMefgtQ.jpg

ekM05DG.jpg

UCpVXSN.jpg

JorflOB.jpg

Edited by iEmpire916

One thing you could do is straighten the tabs on the back plate that could help the shoulder straps reach. Wearing your undersuit always helps. The shorts make it hard to tell where the cod is setting to really be able to gauge how much room you have. What type of strapping are you using?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I also noticed that you have not shaped the should strap yet. That would also help with the fitting.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Sorry! I just updated the pictures above with me in my undersuit. The cod sits low and I think could be raised higher with suspenders? The chest and back I don't think I can do much, but yes I have not shaped the strap yet. How exactly should I know how much to bend those? I also think the white elastic strap may have too much slack?

Here are the straps I am using:

gEq8ZSf.jpg

I would suggest shortening the shoulder elastic. That would pull the body up a bit. It also looks like you could adjust the chest snaps that would raise the ab up.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For the straps heat gun, if you're comfortable with it, or hot water bath and that should work. As for how much to bend them it should depend on how your armor I fitting.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Instead of shortening the shoulder elastic, could I just move the black tabs on the back and chest that are holding the white elastic farther apart so it gives the white elastic less slack? Or would shortening the white elastic still be better?

And for the ab, you're saying I should just move the black chest snaps up a bit and the ab would move underneath the chest?

On 12/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, iEmpire916 said:

Hey everyone! So I am having some fitting issues with my AP armor. So when just normally standing my chest does not overlap my abs and my back is a bit high for my kidney plate. I am not 100% sure what the issue is, but it seems like when I push up the crotch higher, the ab seems to go under the chest and the back lines up to the kidneys better. A few questions:

1. Do you think that is best to raise the torso up to the chest rather than mess with the chest?

2. If so, should I create some kind of suspenders for the torso to keep it raised in the right place?

3. And for my shoulders, I think the elastic is a little too long and my shoulder straps cannot reach my back. Should I shorten the white elastic or move the black snaps under the chest/back to create less slack for the shoulder straps?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

c76pWU8.jpg

vMefgtQ.jpg

ekM05DG.jpg

UCpVXSN.jpg

JorflOB.jpg

Hi, as seen in the photos, you may want to remake the shoulder to chest white strap in order to keep the back plate up. It seem too low. 

Cheers 

3 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, as seen in the photos, you may want to remake the shoulder to chest white strap in order to keep the back plate up. It seem too low. 

Cheers 

Would it be ok just to move the chest and back snaps farther apart instead of shortening the white elastic? I assume that would have the same effect?

Also, if you check out the picture above with my armor laying on the ground. I noticed my chest curves in more than my ab plate. Should I try to bend and widen the chest plate? Would that make it easier to overlap the ab plate?

On 12/21/2019 at 2:28 AM, iEmpire916 said:

Would it be ok just to move the chest and back snaps farther apart instead of shortening the white elastic? I assume that would have the same effect?

Hi William, I'm not sure about the result,  I would suggest to try the method you are talking about  but it would be better first to make it using painters tape instead of gluing a new snap farther. Once you are sure its the same effect , then post the new snap.

if you can post photos of the result.  probably the chest plate adjust a little automatically

cheers

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The white elastic will definitely need to be shortened, William.  The back plate needs to come up quite a bit and the tabs should be a lot closer to the tabs of the chest plate.  Your connections look great, so doing this will also bring the entire rear (posterior/kidney/back) into a much better position.

gytqLsN.jpg     Uglzuou.jpg

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

The white elastic will definitely need to be shortened, William.  The back plate needs to come up quite a bit and the tabs should be a lot closer to the tabs of the chest plate.  Your connections look great, so doing this will also bring the entire rear (posterior/kidney/back) into a much better position.

gytqLsN.jpg     Uglzuou.jpg

Thank you for the diagram! It does look like it would be best to just shorten the white elastic. I purchased the white elastic snap already pre-made (probably why its too long). Do you know anyone who sells these white elastics with the snaps and black shoulder snap attachment pre-made (just shorter than the one I bought)? Or would it be best to purchase the white elastic, black elastic, and snaps and put it together myself?

You could try contacting the person that made them for you to see if they could make another set, or as you suggested you could make them yourself.  The only issue you may run into if you do make them is that the new snaps may not connect correctly with the existing ones already attached to your armor..  There are different manufacturers (Tandy, Dritz, etc.) and although they may look the same, the diameters of the actual connections may differ, causing them to be too tight or too loose.

You will also need to replace the straps that connect your shoulder bells (second photo) for the same reason.

If you can't get a new set from the person who made them or don't feel up to making them I can make you a complete set of everything you will need, but to ensure that they work/fit correctly you would have to remove all of the black nylon straps that are glued onto your armor (photo).  Price would be $13.00 including tracked shipping.  PM me if interested.

8oKB7nO.jpg  WPszHOJ.jpg?1

The fact that you asked about this issue and posted pics is awesome.  What I would strongly suggest at this point is before gluing any other pieces (including strapping) post up photos of the piece(s) held together with blue tape.  This way we can save you sometime and heartache.  We are here for ya', William, so keep up the great work!

P.S.  If you do make them yourself, remember that the snap that attaches to the shoulder bell should sit in the center of your shoulder, and the tops of the bells should be touching the ABS shoulder strap (or very close to it).

EoMUzlK.jpg                                JFwe2HM.jpg?2   xliWw92.jpg?2