ANH TK Stunt AM Build Nada

Nada

Hi Nada, you got this, hopefully your armour is assembled using E6000 so things can be pulled apart and re stuck.
You have some good help here and also some very good local help in the Southern Cross Garrison. We are all here to assist however we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used E6000 my main build thread is in SCG, just waiting back from my GML for anything I need to change for approval :)

• Like 1

For a better symmetrical look, I would suggest bringing up the right shoulder bell a bit, Nadas.  The biceps are aligned great, but the uneven bells are causing a lot more of the bicep on the left to show than the one on the right.  Almost there, sir!!  :duim:

yOTuavB.jpg

13 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

For a better symmetrical look, I would suggest bringing up the right shoulder bell a bit, Nadas.  The biceps are aligned great, but the uneven bells are causing a lot more of the bicep on the left to show than the one on the right.  Almost there, sir!!  :duim:

yOTuavB.jpg

Thanks for the tip think its the elastic that does this might redo the elastic on the bells sometime to fix that.

• Like 1

It’s still on the GML forums for review mate. Hopefully not too much longer. 

Don’t worry about it, just doing little improvements where I can for my own comfort and looks, shoulder bells never connected right with my biceps so this helps that

Suprised my cousins from NZ in the armour today the bicep straps have helped a lot with keeping them in position.
I’m addicted to walking around town in my armour haha.

28d36afa3cd7420da61cb42560634b23.jpg

• Like 2

Decided to do some kore fixing of little things while I’m in the mood taking the feedback for my drop boxes I have put them much closer to the belt now looking like this c67b1053d3774aedf27ab0cf14fba851.jpg

• Like 1

Seeking advice, I believe my thighs may be to high up with not much gap between my lower ab armour and the thighs. Aswell as my knee gap between shins and thighs.

I believe my thighs are good but my shins may be the problem.
I am 5’7 and my kit is built for taller people as well as bigger like me.

Also any other points you would like to bring up is as well ATM I have only really fixed is the drop boxes.

This was my last approval photo from the front, back and sides (Taken 26th December):

ce4b4490bbe883190c1ed53ce3cd6f15.jpg
282f93c2a4cae52dcccfb70d43c914f0.jpg
3d7363e6db81df01866f9ab2bfb322e9.jpg9618803b37e0111c9f6d56e2ac045c39.jpg

You could shave a bit off the bottom of the shins to give you a bit more room.

Make sure you do the bottom and do a small amount at a time. It might take you forever to get the right size but it’s better then going too far.

• Like 1

You could shave a bit off the bottom of the shins to give you a bit more room.

Make sure you do the bottom and do a small amount at a time. It might take you forever to get the right size but it’s better then going too far.

Thank you for the advice will be taking 5mm off each time till a good fit. Think I should take any more off my thighs?

Thank you for the advice will be taking 5mm off each time till a good fit. Think I should take any more off my thighs?

I’d start with some off the shins and see if everything sits better. Personally I feel the thighs are a bit too high. The pic angle makes it look like they are under your cod piece. Ideally you’d want it close but not directly underneath it.

I agree with Frank on the shin trimming.

From the bottom, mark with an HB or B2 pencil so you can see youtr trim line.

Follow the contour shape of the shin. I use my finger and hold the pencil in such a fashion that I scribe a reasonably even new line to trim to.

In the image below it's approx 10mm of material to remove. Also as Frank mentions, better to start with small amounts of removal that larger so as to avoid making a mistake you can not correct.

I would then either use Lexan scissors or a Deremel with the sanding drum attachment to remove the material to just before the line then sand paper the edge smooth and try it on with you thigh armour to see if they sit better and allow good range of motion.

Hope this image better illustrates my explanation

MNRVk3i.jpg

Took 5mm off my shins movement is a lot easier and my thighs are resting a lot better not touching my ab plate when walking.
Another question is my butt plate low?

0c9f276b138f2a51156ecee67f847c6a.jpg5f7c4498bf01f653ba0c0d0d4c8a87f7.jpg

• Like 1

You can compare to the CRL but you want all the back pieces to be together with minimal gap. With the ab connected to kidney that might set the height of your butt plate.

You can compare to the CRL but you want all the back pieces to be together with minimal gap. With the ab connected to kidney that might set the height of your butt plate.

Thank you see that now tightening up my back straps.

• Like 2

How is my armour looking it does not have the holster on drop boxes in to see the gaps between armour pieces.

Any criticisms or changes you would suggest would be much appreciated.

Photos:
fbe2cc8251ac6d46e60c35fcbfdd3e92.jpg772b843ac43e85f5f61d1a0b79f3aabd.jpg3d87f0103969651f4c21c416c3d73f09.jpg521ecca496c980307d0de603d24b27d3.jpg

Great work Nada.

You could still shorten those straps connecting the But plate I think, perhaps also if the crotch strap is tight, making a longer one so it doesn't pull the but plate under so much might also alleviate the problem.

Your front alignment is looking much better

You might also consider sanding the sharp corners round I have circled in red and reducing or removing the lower return edge of the But plate. Its going to be more comfortable, the return isn't necessary there and it will help the plate to flex a little more.

O1ij4Yd.jpg

• Like 1

Below may not be consideration for basic but just some notes for future improvements.

Arms will look better with small adjustment to spacing to even out the balance a little more.  Some space between forearm and hand guard will save rubbing and damage to hand guard from posing with blaster,  mine started to rip soon after started trooping.  You could consider reducing the bottom of the bicep and forearms to give a more tapered look..  Opening at the bottom should be just big enough for your arm/hand to pass through with all return edge removed. 

After some trooping I decided to increase the overlap of my chest and ab pieces,  when moving and posing I found the chest plate to raise too much and lose the overlap.  It looks like you could lower your chest piece for the same purpose and give you a bit of space around your neck.

It's helpful to always check back to CRL,  my advice is from limited personal experience.

Edited by husky68
  • Like 2

Remember to keep sniper knee from getting behind thigh armor. Some add padding to back of thigh armor so it stays closer in the front.

Still working on them I’m 5’7 and the AM kit is made for taller so I have a lot of trimming to do still. Aiming it to have a 1-2 cm gap between the thigh and sniper knee like I’ve seen in photos