Curtdawg's ANH TK Build (1st Timer)

curtdawg

Hello all!  I've started the journey to my lifelong fantasy of becoming a Stormtrooper.. lol.

I probably should have done a lot more research before purchasing my armor, but I got caught up in the excitement of it all and with it being Christmas time I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

So, I ordered and received at prefabricated set of Anovas armor on ebay... Uh Oh... Now that I've read up on some of the posts here that was apparently a bad move, but as I always try to do...

I'm gonna make the best of a bad situation and try to make this suit at least get Basic 501st approval... I'd appreciate any and all help you fine people are willing to give!!!

As giddy as school boy I opened that big brown box and quickly suited up... let me know ya'll's initial impressions (be gentle...)... I didn't adjust the pieces much... I just had to get into that armor!!!

IMG_5780_inital_fitting_small.JPG

IMG_5779_Helmet_small.jpg

Welcome to the forums. Best place to start is some of the basic advice threads. Also take a close look at the CRL images and text. For basic you will need to match those requirements.

In the ANH build threads check some of the pinned threads especially from Ukswrath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FISD, Curtis!  First, don't worry about purchasing a set of Anovos armor.  The main issues we have experienced with that company are slow delivery times (up to 3+ years) and horrible customer service, which is why they were removed from our "vetted" seller list.  It's actually a decent set of armor (my Hero armor is Anovos) and can be taken all the way to Centurion level.

Since most of the work is done already it's just a matter of fitting it correctly, which is where we come in!  Looks like you may have some adjustments, but nothing that can't be fixed to get you to Basic (and above) approval.

I realize you wanted to dive right in and get suited up (I know I would have!), and in looking at your photo most of the items are minor so far... just dressing issues.  Below is a photo of some of the areas that could use some tweaking.

1.  The shoulder bells should ride closer to the chest plate to help eliminate the gaps.

2.  The top of the ABS belt should sit right at the bottom of the lowest button of the panel above it.

3.  Drop boxes should be at the sides.

4.  Sniper knee plate is riding underneath the calf.

5.  ABS belt needs to be centered,

txaRg9d.jpg

All minor things, Curtis, I assure you.  At this point, I would suggest concentrating on one or two pieces at a time and getting each one done before moving to the next.  Posting LOTS of pics of your progress in this thread and asking any and all questions (no matter how small) will allow us to help every step of the way so you can get that TK number under your name.  I'm in your neck of the woods, so who knows, we may be trooping together at some point!

I have some tutorials at the bottom of this post which may help, especially this one:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/ but of course the CRLs are the "go-to" source:  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Thanks Joseph!!

Your words are very encouraging!  I'm going to work on your suggestions and thank you for the diagram, Very Helpful!

I ordered a set of gloves the other day from trooper_bay on ebay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-Hand-Guards-and-Black-Gloves-COMBO-Star-Wars-Stormtrooper-Sandtrooper/331830987313?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=540916032818&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They seem to meet the CRL basic requirements...

And, my brother is going to donate a pair of boots to me that he says looks like the right kind, but are brown... so we'll see if I can use them.

Those gloves/hand guards will get you to Centurion, but the boots may be another matter depending on how they are designed.  It's preferable to have higher tops so that they don't slip out from underneath your lower calf openings.  Many troopers have made their own TK boots using the Chelsea style ones in other colors.  Here is a thread that may help (the pictures are kind of fuzzy, but the info, is there):  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27565-how-i-did-my-boots-tkboots-alternative/

I will second Joseph's sentiments. Very simple fixes for all of the issues stated and I would add that two more that are really just helpful tips. On the left shin add a bit of foam inside to keep it from rotating and a little behind the knee plate to help it from getting under the thigh. The other is to add a little something under the right thigh ammo belt to help keep it from slipping down. As Joseph said the boots will depend slightly, but painting them is screen accurate as they were painted white.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome aboard, looks like a few adjustments and you should be right to go, having a build thread helps to get feedback. Once you have finished you can post in the pre approval section for further feedback prior to submitting it to your GML (garrison membership liaison) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

Hi Curtis, welcome to FISD, great armor of your.  just a few adjustment and you are going to look so cool mate!

There's no way back !! Here you will find tons of info and so experienced troopers willing to help. "No one left behind" !!

:salute: