off the shelf E-11

Greetings all, 

Sorry if this question is “noob”, but a noob i am, and have probably asked before, but it’s easier to ask again :coffee2:

Is there an off-the-shelf E-11 that’s approvable?  I’ve watched a review of an SDS E-11, which seems to need a lot of work before it’d get approved, judging by some of the comments. There’s no review of an RS blaster, but there is one included in an unboxing, but I don’t think he said specifically that it was 501st quality. I also watched a Doopydoo’s E-11 build, which was really interesting, and informative, but given my lifestyle, i fear the kit would remain in its packaging, untouched (because of the need to build a sight rail), so i need something (if possible) that at worst requires a little attention, or at best is good to go right out of the box.

Help? 

3D printed blaster have improved with new free plans available for download. See my signature for link to 3D build and later comments for newest plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

Sorry if this question is “noob”, but a noob i am, and have probably asked before, but it’s easier to ask again :coffee2:

Never, ever be sorry about asking any question here, Adrian!  We are a 100% judgement free zone, and our primary purpose is to help those who need it, so always feel free to hit us up if we can help.  Many times future troopers run into issues/problems because they didn't ask questions, so keep em' coming!

The RS blaster can be approved all the way to Centurion level with no major alterations, but there may be a few items that need some attention.  In the photo below, there is a bit too much brass showing on the scope, and there is "weathering" (sliver color) on the T-tracks and grip.  The original grips and T-tracks were plastic, and should not have this.

Fixing this is super easy, just grab a can of black spray paint (preferably flat or satin)  and touch up those areas.  Ideally, the grip should be painted with a gloss finish, but that will not affect approval at any level.

2SSJgrE.jpg

• Like 1

I went with a rubber blaster from Hellhounds / Trooperbay. It is similar to the Praetorian blaster that giskard8 mentioned; shipped troop-ready. Below is a link to a comparison review of three different rubber E-11 blasters so you can compare options in the US (assuming you’re from here). Note that Hyperfirms are no longer made and would, therefore, need to be purchased used.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48449-rubber-e-11-blaster-hellhounds-photo-review-vs-hyperfirm-praetorian/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rosenlund 66 said:

because of the need to build a sight rail

This is 10 minutes with a hack saw, but I do know that this isn't for everyone.

Also check out sheartech and imperial warfighters, both do a few options including rubber ones if that's something that interests you.

Great. I might just give the Doopy a go anyway. Even if i screw it up so it’s not passable, it should still be good enough for putting on a shelf to look at. I don’t have access to a 3D printer, so that’s not an option (many thanks anyway). Otherwise, good to know the RS is okay, and the tips are much appreciated!! :salute: