Questions Regarding Trooping With Electronics

Installing fans in your helmet is widely accepted; for trooping it's practically a necessity, though I'm sure not everyone uses them. Either way, having them doesn't appear to get in the way of Basic Legion Approval..., nor Expert Infantry or Centurion classifications within FISD. What about other electronic modifications to your Helmet or your Blaster?

I was greatly influenced by what others on this forum accomplished while building my kit. As a result I installed fans, a microphone and hearing assist in the bucket I troop with - and I love it. But will it get in the way of achieving Expert Infantry or Centurion? Do they need to be removed or is it acceptable ( provided it doesn't alter the visible appearance of your armor / meeting the qualification criteria and it being canon ). What's the protocol when Trooping and Volunteering for Children's Charity Events? When can you / and when should you not use your mic / aux speakers etc.  ( especially if you have background loops / FX )

Same question goes for your Blaster, in this case my E-11. I always understood that you shouldn't use light or sound when trooping - That those extras are better kept for Conventions and not Legion Events. So like my bucket, I have two. One for Trooping and one for Special Events / Con and certain events with children. Is that correct? Whats the protocol?

I know this topic has been puzzling for many so I thought I'd discuss it here since your answers would be beneficial for us all. Thanks in advance for your input.

Agree with Mark, The CRL doesn't specify about the internal requirements for the helmets. In the following couple of photos you can see the original movie Helmets  inside. 

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I will add that say you wish to install a hearing assist device like the type Ukswrath sells, I would hold off installing it fully until after those approvals if you are going to install it behind the ears. If you drill holes through the rank stripe and they are visible, it could hamper approval.
This is not a one answer fits all solution to helmet electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk