Graphic Help Wanted - esp. if you like Masons & Scouting (and FISD Swag!)

Daetrin

Hey guys - I got this graphic from a friend and wanted to make something the same but with just two alterations:

1. Swap out Connecticut for Washington

2. Change the purple fleur de lis to the same green as the WA state flag.

I'm hoping it will be simple, and am offering up FISD swag to anyone who can help out with this.  Yup, I have coins, patches, whatcha want?

And yes, I'm a Freemason (20 years, past master of my Lodge) and a Scouter (Assistant Scoutmaster for my daughter's troop and Troop Committee for my son's troop), so this means a lot to me.

4603.jpegA

4603.jpeg

• Like 2

These are great - thanks!  Both earn FISD swag.  Here is a question though - I'm not sure that the grey on the outside looks good.  I'm wondering if there is a better color combination?  Would a sans serif font be easier to read?

• Like 1

I've been working on this for you, but am making it high resolution - Drawn in Illustrator ( vector / print and camera ready artwork )

I can make you different color options if you'd like. The colors are very easily changed natively.

Side note: Do you want a literal copy of this or just one that looks like it? Reason I'm asking is that I've recreated the existing Connecticut Masonic Scouter Association logo but I wanted to make it better and more detailed instead. Are you open to having your own design instead of a copy?

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

These are great - thanks!  Both earn FISD swag.  Here is a question though - I'm not sure that the grey on the outside looks good.  I'm wondering if there is a better color combination?  Would a sans serif font be easier to read?

Your font is very easy to read. As for color combo, make it

TK blue and gray . Or make one of same symbol but use Imperial font for the same words:lightemperor:

And TK colors.

Here you go! I can change any of the colors or make you other versions if you'd like. I gave you a few iterations to choose from or to help you decide on what direction you like best. I can email you a full res file and print ready PDF to use. 

Preview.png

Jayke - please also email me your info to feibao@gmail.com.  Alas I'm not getting notifications from FISD, so have to manually check-in to see any new responses to this thread.  Philip - got your email and responded.

THANK YOU GUYS!!! :salute::pint1:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Jayke - please also email me your info to feibao@gmail.com.  Alas I'm not getting notifications from FISD, so have to manually check-in to see any new responses to this thread.  Philip - got your email and responded.

THANK YOU GUYS!!! :salute::pint1:

No problem, always happy to help out!

Also, the email has been sent:duim:

Hey all - I was asked this question via email and thought I may as well answer it for everyone, as I get this question a lot:

I just saw your thread on Masonic Scouts and wanted to ask what it was all about?  My father is in the lodge,  like his father before him, but I have not joined for different reasons but have friends [who are Freemasons]

Boy Scouts was started by Lord Baden Powell, who was a General in the British Army and used boys for reconnaissance and scouting tasks during the Siege of Mafeking.  On his return, he wrote Scouting for Boys (published in 1908), and later formed the Boy Scouts Association in 1910.  He did a lot of things that are certainly worth reading about.

Daniel Carter Beard was a Freemason who founded Sons of Daniel Boone in 1905 and later merged in to to the Boy Scouts of America, which was brought over to the US from the UK by W.D. Boyce in 1910. He also organized Camp Fire Girls.  He did many other things, but being an active Freemason as well as one of the pioneers in of the Scouting movement in the US was part of the reason why the Daniel Carter Beard Masonic Scouting award was created.

The eligibility requirements are:

The award will be presented to a Master Mason who is currently a registered Scouter and active in a Scout unit, district, council, or national affiliate, and has displayed outstanding dedication to the Scouting program through:

• developing of Scouting units;
  • assisting lodges in forming units;
  • exemplifying the Scout Law and Masonic virtues;
  • recruiting Scouting volunteers;
  • strengthening the relationship between Freemasonry and Scouting.

Work accomplishment and dedication, rather than a specific number of years in Scouting, will be the criteria for this award.

And yes, I'm a recent recipient of this award. :)

I think everyone has had some experience with Scouting either as a youth or as an adult.  Boy Scouts USA has recently renamed itself to Scouting BSA and opened it's program to girls, which is now growing rapidly (though unlike outside the US, in the US the girls and boys are in separate units).  It is certainly one of the best program in developing youth of character, integrity, citizenship, and leadership.

The aims of Freemasonry are very similar to the aims of the Scouting Movement, and until recently in the US at least, it was pretty common for men of character in a community to also be Freemasons, which you can glean from this person's experience - and one I hear a lot - of "my grandfather & father were Masons, but I am not and I'm not sure why".  It started in the 60's with the counter culture movement in the US, where many social and fraternal organizations saw a significant and continued drop in membership.

There are very few avenues for men today to form bonds with other men of character, and to be part of a world-wide (and oldest) fraternity in the world, who's stated goal is to provide a path for men to mentor each other to be better men.

My goal in all this is to help increase collaboration between these two groups, hence getting this graphic going to help with the marketing.  People who have been in scouting as youth or adults tend to be the same type of people who make excellent Freemasons.

• Like 3

I’m reasonably sure my grandfather once met RBP. He was a scout master back when they were still called that and scouts wore the hats, and possibly still carried staves. He lived just down the coast from Poole, where the first scout camp was held on Brownsea island. He had several major scout awards, sadly these were all stolen along with his WWII Service medals in the 90s. 

The scouts runs in my family, I was a scout and achieved my Chief scout award, my sister was an explorer after guides and my mum ran was group scout leader right up until she passed away. The scouts planted a memorial for her in the local park where the scouts, and cubs where often to be found.