Centurion builds

CrucialTD

Not sure what do you mean by a "Centurion accuracy set", but if you do mean the bracket set, you can find it here:

* The bracket system is not mandatory, you can make your own strapping system and just retain the flat head screws on the outside.

There are also many other mod sets can be found here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

Also check out Joseph's guide on building your OT Stromtrooper on how to match up to the screen used sets.

3 hours ago, CrucialTD said:

I’d love to do a Centurion Stormtrooper build , But I’m finding it difficult to find the. The Centurion Stormtrooper Accuracy Set in stock anyplace. Anyone know where I can get it ? 

As Arthur mentioned, using the bracket (also known as the "classic") system (photo 1) is not a requirement for Centurion level.  Most of us use the nylon straps (photo 2)now which will get you all the way to level 3.

Xxc1u6w.jpg?2    7jTTaMw.jpg?2

There are lots of troopers out there who prefer to be more screen accurate, and although Darren is no longer making the sets they should be available at Trooperbay:

https://trooperbay.com/costuming-supplies/hardware/stormtrooper-sandtrooper-full-bracket-set

Dye will rub off onto your armor and discolor it without a doubt, and removing it is next to impossible.  Cotton belts are probably too thick to effectively get the snaps through to properly set them, and the ends (unless sewn) will fray over time.  Nylon is the way to go.  Thin, strong, and the ends can be sealed with a Bic lighter or soldering iron.

33 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Dye will rub off onto your armor and discolor it without a doubt, and removing it is next to impossible.  Cotton belts are probably too thick to effectively get the snaps through to properly set them, and the ends (unless sewn) will fray over time.  Nylon is the way to go.  Thin, strong, and the ends can be sealed with a Bic lighter or soldering iron.

Thank you sir. I can use my belt to hold up my thigh armor.

3 hours ago, Von Goodleef said:

Do the straps have to be nylon? What about heavy cotton, as long as they are black. I have some old heavy cotton belts I thot about using but I will have to dye them black.

I use 1.5” black elastic for my strapping. After folding the ends over (double thickness) it is still thin enough to set snaps. They also allow for a bit of stretch should you ever attempt sitting. Less likely to “pop” a snap off during a troop. 

Use a garter system to hold your thighs up. A belt with two elastic straps hanging down with snaps connecting to your thighs. 

1 hour ago, Coastertk said:

I use 1.5” black elastic for my strapping. After folding the ends over (double thickness) it is still thin enough to set snaps. They also allow for a bit of stretch should you ever attempt sitting. Less likely to “pop” a snap off during a troop. 

Use a garter system to hold your thighs up. A belt with two elastic straps hanging down with snaps connecting to your thighs. 

Kool. Thanks

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

As Arthur mentioned, using the bracket (also known as the "classic") system (photo 1) is not a requirement for Centurion level.  Most of us use the nylon straps (photo 2)now which will get you all the way to level 3.

There are lots of troopers out there who prefer to be more screen accurate, and although Darren is no longer making the sets they should be available at Trooperbay:

https://trooperbay.com/costuming-supplies/hardware/stormtrooper-sandtrooper-full-bracket-set

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Thanks just what I was looking for I have ocd that makes me go full throttle if I do something. Trying to be screen  accurate  Is my goal 

9 hours ago, Von Goodleef said:

Someone on here told me that the bracket system can crack the return edges that they are fastened to.:icon_beg:

Under normal use this should not be a problem, especially if the brackets are installed correctly.  Anovos can be on the thin side, but you could always add small washers for reinforcement on the inside.  Tony has an outstanding build thread that shows all the steps for installing the bracket system.  It's lengthy, but he breaks everything down and there are TONS of detailed pics.  Here is the link:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

Snaps are recommended, not Velcro.  Velcro can (and will) wear out over time from use.  Velcro is fine for emergency repairs in the field, but only as a temporary fix.