Stormtrooper voice changers

The TrooperTalk iOS app seems to be pretty popular, but still requires an amp, as does the iComm system, which is more costly. There are several threads discussing these options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

The TrooperTalk iOS app seems to be pretty popular, but still requires an amp, as does the iComm system, which is more costly. There are several threads discussing these options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to look for them

9 hours ago, Von Goodleef said:

Has anyone used Stormtrooper voice changers from Hytech Toyz?

If so what is your opinion of them? And are the low budget voice changers good for a beginner TK build. My armor is on the way.

Thanks in advance.

I would steer well clear of the one from Hytech Toyz, Alan.  I bought on years ago (I doubt they have changed much, if any), used it one time and tossed it.  Many troopers do well with a 10 watt Aker amp and a headset (or throat style) microphone.  It doesn't change your voice too much, but is solid and reliable.

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

I would steer well clear of the one from Hytech Toyz, Alan.  I bought on years ago (I doubt they have changed much, if any), used it one time and tossed it.  Many troopers do well with a 10 watt Aker amp and a headset (or throat style) microphone.  It doesn't change your voice too much, but is solid and reliable.

AAwesome. Thank you for the good advice. I will look into it. I can't wait for my BBB day =')  where is the best place to get all of the snaps and fasteners at. I've seen some places to get all of them from one source.

To be honest, although it takes a bit of time and effort making your own is really not that difficult.  The various sizes/lengths of nylon webbing, elastic and snaps can be purchased either online (like ebay) or at a craft store like Joanne Fabrics or Michael's.

I have the list of materials you will need in my Supplies thread and a tutorial here.

I know at one time Sarah @Alay was selling a whole pre-made kit, but you may want to contact here to make sure those are still available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

To be honest, although it takes a bit of time and effort making your own is really not that difficult.  The various sizes/lengths of nylon webbing, elastic and snaps can be purchased either online (like ebay) or at a craft store like Joanne Fabrics or Michael's.

I have the list of materials you will need in my Supplies thread and a tutorial here.

I know at one time Sarah @Alay was selling a whole pre-made kit, but you may want to contact here to make sure those are still available.

I guess I meant by fasteners is all the snaps and rivets and screws. I'm going with the strap method to fasten my armor together. Do you still sell all of the hardware?

The bucket will come with all the correct hardware from Dave, so all you should need are the split rivets for the ab/kidney.  I don't sell the snaps, but if you like I can send you a set of the correct rivets (including washers) and TD (Thermal Detonator) screws for $3.00 plus $4.00 postage (They have to be sent as a package, but it includes tracking).  Just PM me if interested.

54 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

The bucket will come with all the correct hardware from Dave, so all you should need are the split rivets for the ab/kidney.  I don't sell the snaps, but if you like I can send you a set of the correct rivets (including washers) and TD (Thermal Detonator) screws for $3.00 plus $4.00 postage (They have to be sent as a package, but it includes tracking).  Just PM me if interested.

AAwesome thank you

As mentioned, I do sell these still:

You can source all the bits and pieces pretty easily as well through some of the links Joseph provided :)