StarTrooper's TFA/TROS FOTK Build Thread (KB Props)

StarTrooper

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Jayke how's the build going? 

Hey Tony, thanks for checking in, I haven't done much, got a little side tracked with some other stuff, here's what I have done.

Ab Plate

For the ab plate, I started to work on my ab suspension system. I drilled holes at the top of the armor, and using suspenders with these clips, clamped them in the holes.

L5U8V35.jpg

d0Hds30.jpg

c5Dy07Q.jpg

I will be working on back closure soon as well. I also have since trimmed off the bottom of the ab plate.

qIUt1Rl.jpg

imUWXYd.jpg

Butt Plate Mod

For the butt plate, I decided I wanted to make mine look like the Anovos one, with the three tabs

So I started to guess at distances, and then measured everything so that it was symmetrical.

nGKjG6K.jpg

oyDmYdO.jpg

And done!

qXNFFc2.jpg

I also marked where I will drill the holes for the snaps.

Test Fit

I did do another test fit, (without the updated ab)  pretty happy with how it looks.

XVPk7qC.jpg

Awesome Job, coming along nicely and looks great. Thanks for the update :jc_doublethumbup:.

I know you're well ahead of the game but to let you know the FISD has started a FOTK supply list. If there's anything you need or want to add to it you can see it here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49132-supply-vendors-list-for-your-fotk-build/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Awesome Job, coming along nicely and looks great. Thanks for the update :jc_doublethumbup:.

I know you're well ahead of the game but to let you know the FISD has started a FOTK supply list. If there's anything you need or want to add to it you can see it here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49132-supply-vendors-list-for-your-fotk-build/

Cool, thank you Tony, I’ll definitely check it out:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I apologize for the lack of updates, my usual computer crashed, and so I couldn't upload pics. But now I'm on a different computer, so here we go!

Ab Plate

I finally did the strapping for the ab plate, simple snaps set into webbing. The straps are also webbing.

N7Vk4F8.jpg

Gloves

Finally got around to ordering the gloves from Endor Finders, great quality and feel. I also stuck some Velcro to the hand plates so that they can attach to the gloves.

MkmK4PL.jpg

Test Fit

I also did another test fit, really happy with how this is looking:)

8IY3d3J.jpg

1YyHEsl.jpg

Hopefully I'll start on the belt construction soon.

That's pretty much it, haven't gotten a ton done, but progress is progress:D

Until next time

Edited by StarTrooper

Hey everyone!

Back with some more progress!

So, I heard from KB, and he's planning to ship out my TFA helmet and the rest of the other parts(TD, chest clips), so with that I decided to work on...

TD

For the TD(the plastic part anyways) I trimmed it down. Does this look right?

wnDiBk7.jpg

Side

VVmMjAk.jpg

Bottom

mZ3rDrv.jpg

Resin parts

I cut out all the little clips with Lexan scissors. A small tip would be to cut them out very slowly, as when they're sent out they're all attached. So be careful, or you might crack them. I accidentally cracked one, but was easily repaired with some E6000.

5iBbGKC.jpg?1

And that's pretty much it for now.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to everyone who worked on this new First Order Battle Group, it looks awesome and has been great help already.

Until next time

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Apologies for not updating this thread, unfortunately I did not hear from KB that he was shipping out my parts, hopefully they will be ready soon!

I did get some done, so here we go!

Butt Plate

I did some work on the strapping, this time on attaching the butt plate to the ab plate.

Pretty simple stuff, set 4 snaps and glued them to the butt and the ab plate. I also set another 4 for the straps.

CAcg5kF.jpg

Belt

I decided I'd work on the belt, since it is the last major part of the build that I haven't touched yet. Initially I got a TrooperBay belt, but KB sent one with the kit. I opted to use the KB one as the Trooperbay one was too wide and smelled really bad as it is rubber and the KB one is plastic.

I started by sewing the clips to the inner belt.

hReRXUN.jpg

alauhHG.jpg

Next I secured the plastic belt to the inner belt, which came with the TrooperBay belt. The inner belt is like a seat belt material. I marked and punched out 2 holes with a hole punch. I then inserted the chicago screws I got on Amazon. The screws are 1/4 inch.

2tkDcYF.jpg

I then drilled out holes into the plastic parts. Next I marked holes on the belt, and then used a hole punch and punched it out.

InA936V.jpg

gvcFCXH.jpg

I will probably be making some L shaped tabs out of ABS, as the belt boxed don't want to stay on.

TunR4SX.jpg

P75vOp0.jpg

I also have yet to attach the last plastic box. I will probably be getting the felt pouches from TrooperBay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

It's been a bit, got a bit distracted with other stuff, but now I bring good news!

KB shipped out my remaining parts and I received them yesterday!:peace:

So here we go!

Helmet

I received the TFA resin KB helmet and it looks great! Mine had a small crack on the bottom that was easily repaired with some glue.

4NsSXIx.jpg

I also received a TLJ/TROS helmet (which was ordered before I had gotten a great deal on the Anovos helmet), so I might do something unique to the helmet, like turn it into Commander Pyre or Captain Cardinal, guess we'll see^_^

gCqXS1N.jpg

I also began cutting the eyes out, I used a Dremel with the cutting wheel to make some initial cuts, and the sanding drum to finish it. I also used sandpaper and needle files to get in the space between the eyes.

ep5R2U4.jpg

Resin Parts

The resin TD and chest clips also arrived, and they look great, the TD fits really nicely on the plastic part of the TD. The chest clips also look great, looking forward to working with these parts!

4EOUQPW.jpg

6myJ0Yu.jpg

And that's pretty much it!

More to come soon

• Like 1

Always good to see progress regardless of how long it takes :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1