StarTrooper's TFA/TROS FOTK Build Thread (KB Props)

StarTrooper

Hey everyone!

This is exciting!:)

So, my birthday was yesterday, and my amazing parents gave me a First Order KB Props kit! (Thank you Mom and Dad)

As you may have seen, I have been building an ANH TK for the past several months, and is now almost complete. Building the armor was one of the greatest experiences of all.

For this build, I will be building the standard TFA Stormtrooper, although that may change in the future. (Pauldron or Riot Control Gear, as I have the Black Series Baton)

Lets get into the specs:

Helmet: KB

Armor: KB

Gaskets: Attempt to make myself before purchasing

Gloves: Endor Finders

Boots: sticking with my ANH ones for now, may change in the future

The armor is set to arrive in less than 3 weeks, right around the release of The Rise of Skywalker. Get me even more hyped for the movie;)

And that's about it so far

I can't wait to start and to experience this journey with you all again.

Until next time

Edited by StarTrooper
  • Like 3

Happy belated Birthday and what a great present. 

3 weeks so you have some time to research, looking forward to seeing those BBB photos :D 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Happy belated Birthday and what a great present. 

3 weeks so you have some time to research, looking forward to seeing those BBB photos :D 

Thank you!^_^

Yes, I have already started looking at some threads, looking for where the return edge is and isn’t, also how the parts go together.

• Like 1

Welcome Jayke, and wow what a gift for a Birthday!

You have some very exciting times ahead of you sir, and there will be plenty of advice and helpful tips come your way.

Don't forget to create a build thread and share photos of your progress with us all.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAFO said:

What a great gift! Exciting times ahead. Look forward to your build and to welcoming another FOTK to the ranks soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! I’m so excited!:D

6 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Welcome Jayke, and wow what a gift for a Birthday!

You have some very exciting times ahead of you sir, and there will be plenty of advice and helpful tips come your way.

Don't forget to create a build thread and share photos of your progress with us all.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you, I can’t wait to start!

• Like 1

Looks like we have a few KB builds on the forum that are coming in on this run. Excited to have others to work alongside during this whole project! Waiting patiently for my shipping confirmation..

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Krisko720 said:

Looks like we have a few KB builds on the forum that are coming in on this run. Excited to have others to work alongside during this whole project! Waiting patiently for my shipping confirmation..

Yes, good to see other KB FOTKs!:jc_doublethumbup:

Hey everyone!
So this morning, I received a tracking number for my armor, and it’s supposed to get here by the end of the week! 

They were pretty quick about sending these. I got a notification Monday that the label was printed. Then later that day it reached UPS with an arrival date of Thursday for here in Colorado.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Very exciting times, let the stalking of the (every) delivery driver begin :lol:

He He! Shhh.... they suspect nothing:laugh1:

13 hours ago, Krisko720 said:

They were pretty quick about sending these. I got a notification Monday that the label was printed. Then later that day it reached UPS with an arrival date of Thursday for here in Colorado.

Yeah, I'm very impressed by KB's wait times. Especially compared to the wait time for my OTTK, which was 5-6 months.

11 hours ago, Sly11 said:

This is getting exciting now, I expect to see the BBB photo very soon :duim:

For sure!

10 hours ago, JAFO said:

Exciting times mate! Hope you e been busy getting all your tools, adhesives and PPE prepped for the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I got a box of all the good stuff prepped for the build:duim:

y0J9tNR.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krisko720 said:

Which magnets are you guys using? That’s probably the only thing I don’t have. It’s a little overwhelming when you start looking at them on Amazon and see how many pop up on a search.

Magnets for clamping or magnets for another purpose?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krisko720 said:

Which magnets are you guys using? That’s probably the only thing I don’t have. It’s a little overwhelming when you start looking at them on Amazon and see how many pop up on a search.

I plan to use these ones that justjoseph63 linked in one of his threads. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-Super-Strong-Neodymium-Rare-earth-Magnet-Disc-for-sale-7-8-dia-x-1-8-thick/281060567507?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

P.S. Wow right as I started to type your name, Joseph, you commented on my thread! What a coincidence!:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarTrooper said:

Wow right as I started to type your name, Joseph, you commented on my thread! What a coincidence!:lol:

Great minds think alike, Jayke!  :D

• Like 1

Magnets for clamping or magnets for another purpose?

Well I suppose magnets for clamping for now. I’m looking at attaching the pauldron like JAFO did with magnets. And might look into doing magnet closures for some of the armor.

Aaaand I just found your Magnets thread..

• Like 2