StarTrooper's TFA/TROS FOTK Build Thread (KB Props)

StarTrooper

Those thighs are looking good. Definitely the hardest part of this kit. Absolutely no guide lines for trimming whatsoever. I swear I trimmed and sanded for hours on end just trying to get them shaped decently.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Great work mate! The build is coming along very nicely.

I’ve seen many attempt the gaskets and many fail, so kudos to you emoji1303.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! The build has been quite enjoyable thus far.

1 hour ago, Krisko720 said:

Those thighs are looking good. Definitely the hardest part of this kit. Absolutely no guide lines for trimming whatsoever. I swear I trimmed and sanded for hours on end just trying to get them shaped decently.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Yeah, the thighs are super tricky, definitely the most dreaded part of the build for me, glad to have it out of the way.

49 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Wow great work Jayke. Lovin the DIY gaskets and bell supports

Thanks, both have been pretty fun to make!

Okay, so here are some more gasket photos.

I have just done the knee gaskets, with some Velcro sewn onto it.

Basically, I put some tape where the bottom of the thigh is and the top of the shin is and put it in the middle.

oyRUrWA.jpg

8KYiEVJ.jpg

For the arms, I stitched some Velcro onto the top and bottom so that they can stick right on to the armor.

YCUxysR.jpg

ZXJ1fkU.jpg

KbLw9p7.jpg

RgWRVNH.jpg

I have also begun on strapping the armor.

Using snaps, I have attached the shoulder bell to the yoke, and it sits quite nice.

jgSIhjz.jpg

A16m67K.jpg

I used Glen's method of shortening the front strap so that the bell is always forward as well.

Thats pretty much it for now.

Edited by StarTrooper
forgot photo
  • Like 1

It's coming together well Jayke. May I ask, have you finished trimming your knee caps and bells as it looks like you could sand a little more off the returns. Could just be the camera angle and photos, but it looks like there is just a little bit of material left past the return itself.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

It's coming together well Jayke. May I ask, have you finished trimming your knee caps and bells as it looks like you could sand a little more off the returns. Could just be the camera angle and photos, but it looks like there is just a little bit of material left past the return itself.

Thank you, I guess I still need to finish trimming, thanks for pointing it out:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

Same goes for the shoulder bells and forearms.  

• Like 1

Hey Tony, things are going well, been building a ton so I kinda forgot to post updates!:)

Here we go!

Spats

Here they are, just need to put the clip greeblie on.

fgoxlpi.jpg?1

I glued the one side, and stuck some Velcro on the other, so that they can be taken on and off.

Bij0M2d.jpg?1

Ab Plate

The ab plate was pretty easy, I started by cutting the back in half with a blade.

AIbVwNU.jpg

Next, I cut a 2 inch cover strip.

I still have to trim the top off, but overall looking pretty nice.

q3VKGDh.jpg?1

I also plan to take about that much off to fit me.

sK0KhMR.jpg

Legs

I made the strapping for the legs, simply used 1 inch webbing and folded it over, to make a loop, and set a snap on the end. This isn't screen accurate, but is still very practical.

3YsoOi5.jpg

uuSl6TC.jpg

And those are held up by a leather belt.

Here's a picture of the legs on me.

r7now42.jpg

They look quite good, still figuring out how to attach the gaskets, whether I should just attach them to the thigh or to sew them to the leggings. They are just taped to my legs in the photo.

Chest

I decided it was time to tackle the chest plate situation. I copied what Anovos does and installed risers into the chest plate. I cut out 8 triangles out of scrap ABS, and glued 4 and another 4 together.

nCdllUL.jpg

53xcE55.jpg

Stuck some Velcro on, and boom! Chest plate almost done. I say almost as there is a small gap between the chest and the yoke.

kQQxENY.jpg

K9cYctj.jpg

And that is pretty much it for now.

Until next time

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, back after a bit, here's what I've done.

Thighs

I came back to the thighs, and reshaped them at the top. Mostly just because the shape was inaccurate.

hh68vD1.jpg

Test Fit

I did a quick test fit(before I shaped the thighs). The ab sits too low as well as the knee pads are droopy. These will be fixed soon.

I also purchased some black Dockers suspenders, which I will attach soon.

Wx4OGj6.jpg

Here's another lower body test fit with the reshaped thighs.

3o0Banu.jpg

Strapping

I also was able to finish strapping the shoulder bell to yoke connection.

WSRaenI.jpg

I also strapped the bicep to shoulder bell with Velcro, although it is not holding up so well, I may change it out for snaps.

KvFqLIn.jpg

Other Stuff

I also had to take a glamour shot with the armor on:P

ehw3zw3.jpg

Here's a fun photo I took with the "boys"...er armor:laugh1:

F0QN5uu.jpg

And that is pretty much it.

Until next time

• Like 2