Packing Armor and Armor Repair Kit

Redcoat 35

Hello Fellow Troopers 

I was wondering what kind of plastic bins Troopers use to pack armor in on their way to a Troop ? and what kind of stuff is carried to Repair and clean TK Armor if your not doing a TD Impression. 

I use the standard wheeled Husky bin. As for what I carry... everything I used to build with pretty much. Minus the tools, some plastic some glue, white duct tape if needed in a hurry, a white paint pen, the paint for everything else, some wipes to wipe it down when I’m done, all the extra elastic and nylon I had left over. You get the idea, it’s all in little plastic bins in a back pack with all my electronics.

I’ve never had any emergencies yet, the few times I’ve seen people have issues they usually gear down and just lend a helping hand instead of being in armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For most troops (especially with stairs) I use a hard suitcase and helmet bag, all the arm's legs fits inside each other then go into the body clamshell. 

For repair kit I have polish/rags, glues, snaps, small hammer, screwdriver, duct tape and spare elastic. Apart from some pre troop polishing I've not needed the other bits of the repair kit but I've used some for others ;) 

This is the one many of us use, Peter:  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Rolling-Tool-Box-Utility-Cart-Black-209261/203668066  It will hold everything, including your bucket!

I always carry a supply of the tiny "one use" CA (super) glue tubes as well as Zip Kicker (it cures CA glue on contact) for emergency repairs.  Extra batteries, and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on armor scuffs.

38 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

This is the one many of us use, Peter:  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Rolling-Tool-Box-Utility-Cart-Black-209261/203668066  It will hold everything, including your bucket!

I always carry a supply of the tiny "one use" CA (super) glue tubes as well as Zip Kicker (it cures CA glue on contact) for emergency repairs.  Extra batteries, and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on armor scuffs.

I will have to get me one. And thanks for advice on repairs and polish.

I carry much the same but I do carry several tubes of CA glue, because "Troopers helping Troopers"

You just never know when a fellow member is going to need help due to a minor breakage.

I also carry a few pieces of 1mm thick ABS in varying sizes 1" - 4" long and about 1/2" wide to use as backing support for any bad cracking or breaks that can occur on hopefully a rare occasion.

My Kit lives and is transported in a 50gal Stanley Bin. It all fits inside, including a Chookaboom Emergency kit, some water, trading cards, wipes, and towel. I use Novus 1, 2, 3 Polish to keep my TK fresh and shiny.

Here's the chookaboom kit. I've added to it over the years, and have never had to use for myself. Chookaboom Emergency Troop Kit

20 hours ago, Redcoat 35 said:

Fantastic gives me a great idea how to build mine Thank You      Where do you get extra straps Trooperbay ?

Trooperbay sells them pre-made, but you can also make your own.  Supplies can be purchased online fairly inexpensively and although it takes some time, they are not too difficult to make.  I have a list of materials in my Supply List thread below as well as a link to tutorial on how to make them (Snap setting 101).