Identifying a RS Prop Masters Helmet?

theshape.78

Here are a few comparison images, looks as if it may have been a kit which someone has put together themselves, ears are a little thick, large gap between them and helmet, also tube stripes fall at front is the wrong way should be front \\\\\\\\\\\\ back

It does have the neck strap which is specific to RS helmets, you can find more images on their website https://www.rspropmasters.com/store/stormtrooper/stormtrooper-helmets/stormtrooper-anh-helmet/

Screenshot_20191125_215941.jpg

7F1A8090.jpg

Screenshot_20191125_215930.thumb.jpg.4538e9e1a0bc3a5250245a6538282d65.jpg7F1A8086.jpg

inside-helmet.jpg

15 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Here are a few comparison images, looks as if it may have been a kit which someone has put together themselves, ears are a little thick, large gap between them and helmet, also tube stripes fall at front is the wrong way should be front \\\\\\\\\\\\ back

It does have the neck strap which is specific to RS helmets, you can find more images on their website https://www.rspropmasters.com/store/stormtrooper/stormtrooper-helmets/stormtrooper-anh-helmet/

Screenshot_20191125_215941.jpg

7F1A8090.jpg

Screenshot_20191125_215930.thumb.jpg.4538e9e1a0bc3a5250245a6538282d65.jpg7F1A8086.jpg

inside-helmet.jpg

Thanks for the informations! 

I would like to post some more photos but it doesn't work for some reason. 

And what's wrong about the tube stribes? I don't really see a difference.

Edited by theshape.78

You can only add so many attachments, most of us use an online image host and add the direct links to images.

It's the angles of the stripes at the front, they should fall from top to bottom

RS helmet front \\\\\\\\\\\\ back

Your images front ////////// back

4Abat2D.jpg?1   9yhWt9s.jpg?1   2OMODpz.jpg?1

It’s not been built overly well. Ears are a little big, tubestripes are on the wrong sides. Unless it’s an absolute bargain, I’d look to get one elsewhere, even direct from RS.

da1b313e6db9e3a6c6855bbf737b0a70.jpg

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44755-tube-stripes-anh-stunt-dave-m/

Yes it is in fact an RS helmet, the little lump on the forehead tells me that (your fourth pic).

the tube stripes and ears are ”easy fixes”.  I would compare price from the ”rspropmasters” webbsite just to see if there’s a difference. Anyway, short answer - yes it is:salute:

I concur.

RS Prop helmets are the warts and all version, considering the originals were painted you should be able to see the lumps bumps and paint runs in the pull.

59 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Yes it is in fact an RS helmet, the little lump on the forehead tells me that (your fourth pic).

the tube stripes and ears are ”easy fixes”.  I would compare price from the ”rspropmasters” webbsite just to see if there’s a difference. Anyway, short answer - yes it is:salute:

59 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

It costs about 180 Euros. I think that's a fair deal for this helmet? 

Edited by theshape.78

29 minutes ago, theshape.78 said:

It costs about 180 Euros. I think that's a fair deal for this helmet? 

It is:duim:

23 minutes ago, theshape.78 said:

And would this helmet still be a better option than SDS? 

In my opinion yes! RS is molded from an original helmet. 

SDS seem to be produced from damaged molds, my own thinking and not a fact. 

Word of warning though, buying from eBay has it’s risk so I would ask for some more photos, just to be on the safe side that the seller in fact have the helmet in possession.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

It is:duim:

In my opinion yes! RS is molded from an original helmet. 

SDS seem to be produced from damaged molds, my own thinking and not a fact. 

Word of warning though, buying from eBay has it’s risk so I would ask for some more photos, just to be on the safe side that the seller in fact have the helmet in possession.

He already sent me the photos I requested from him. :)

• Like 1

Yes it's a customer built RS helmet , with new style stand. 

If you can repainted the tubestripes, and fettle the ear fitment , it will be a nice project . 

But , it does need work to make it nice. 

4 hours ago, theshape.78 said:

Any ideas on how to repaint the tube stribes? 

You can use Turpentine to remove the paint, its the least harsh of the thinners and shouldn't damage the ABS.

Dab over the stripes with a cloth soaked with the turns so it starts to soften the paint then see if it will start to wipe away. It may need a bit of coaxing so you can also use a wooden toothpick to lightly scrape it off the surface.

Stencils are available through Trooperbay in a hand painted style and are the easiest way to have them re applied.

A few tip when attempting to apply the stencils and repaint:

Spray both the helmet area and the sticky back of the stencils with water that has a couple of drops of dish washing liquid mixed in.

This will allow you to move the stencils easily into the correct position.  You want approx a pencil with gap between the cheek and the top of the tube stripes.

When happy with the positioning use paper towel and soak up the soapy water also make sure to squeeze and of the liquid out from under the stencil and make sure they are thoroughly dry.

When dry, use white paint first to paint through the stencil lines. This will certainly reduce the chances of the blue paint running under any micro gaps of the stencil. Trust me it makes life much easier for any potential clean ups.

If you do get some runs, simply dip a toothpick in Turps and lightly scratch away the runs.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

You can use Turpentine to remove the paint, its the least harsh of the thinners and shouldn't damage the ABS.

Dab over the stripes with a cloth soaked with the turns so it starts to soften the paint then see if it will start to wipe away. It may need a bit of coaxing so you can also use a wooden toothpick to lightly scrape it off the surface.

Stencils are available through Trooperbay in a hand painted style and are the easiest way to have them re applied.

A few tip when attempting to apply the stencils and repaint:

Spray both the helmet area and the sticky back of the stencils with water that has a couple of drops of dish washing liquid mixed in.

This will allow you to move the stencils easily into the correct position.  You want approx a pencil with gap between the cheek and the top of the tube stripes.

When happy with the positioning use paper towel and soak up the soapy water also make sure to squeeze and of the liquid out from under the stencil and make sure they are thoroughly dry.

When dry, use white paint first to paint through the stencil lines. This will certainly reduce the chances of the blue paint running under any micro gaps of the stencil. Trust me it makes life much easier for any potential clean ups.

If you do get some runs, simply dip a toothpick in Turps and lightly scratch away the runs.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theshape.78 said:

Here are some more photos of this helmet. Is it worth 180 euros? 

Have you thought of contacting RS Props for pricing of a new helmet then make a decision on price difference and the extra work to bring this one up to scratch? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, theshape.78 said:

Here are some more photos of this helmet. Is it worth 180 euros? 

I would go for it and if you don’t fel like repainting the tube stripes there’s always an option to use decals, trooperbay has those to and I would recommend the Dave M style:duim:

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

I would go for it and if you don’t fel like repainting the tube stripes there’s always an option to use decals, trooperbay has those to and I would recommend the Dave M style:duim:

That's a good idea! Thanks! :D I'm probably also going to buy the foam piece from trooperbay 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSwede said:

The seller just told me the tube stripes are decals and not painted. 

Edited by theshape.78