My FO TK Build - Fall 2019

Guest Dave Johnston

Good afternoon Dave! I just checked out your build blog and bookmarked it to follow your progress! I think you'll find that you'll receive tons of feedback if you compose your build thread here, but there are benefits, too, to hosting it on your own blogspot page. I'm in the early stages of beginning my OT: ANH TK build, and am really excited about joining the community! Looking forward to watching your progress!

Caleb

3 hours ago, Guest Dave Johnston said:

I am documenting my build on a blog page and someone suggested I post it here.  Hope it's helpful, interesting, and maybe a bit enjoyable.

https://myfotkbuild.blogspot.com/

Best to all!

Cheers,

- Dave

A great way to receive feedback is posting a build thread here on the forums, many won't go off site to follow builds.

Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing the progress. 

• Like 1

I agree with Glen on this, you will find plenty of knowledgeable and very helpful members here with great advice.

We are all about sharing information to help make your Stormtrooper dreams a reality.

Guest Dave Johnston

Thank you all for your comments.

This particular blog is designed as a narrative; telling the story after the fact.  (I've actually already applied for 501st approval; the blog is a bit behind.)  

You are all, of course, correct.  There are LOTS of great sources here for help and information; I'm grateful for the help I've received and all those who have blazed trails and posted before me!

My hope is that by doing something different, in a different format . . . different venue, that I might reach and communicate with a different audience, or perhaps the same audience in a slightly different way.

Perhaps there will be those who are attracted to what we do because they will see themselves in the story, realizing that if a 49 year old "wanna be" can pull it off, they can, too!

Or maybe there will be those that read and reminisce . . . recalling "Geez, I remember when that happened to me!" or thinking "I hope he figures out to do it This Way" . . . and I'm sure there will be a lot of "that's not what I would have done at all!" moments, hopefully followed by "well . . . I guess he made it work" reactions.

Thank you for your support; you guys rock!

Cheers,

- Dave