Getting my ANH TK armor soon.

Mad Dog 20/20

7 hours ago, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

I believe this is best I will be able to get the vocoder. I think part of it is how it was made.

Those lines will need to be a bit tighter, Alan.  The trick to getting the rounded ends on the tops of the vocoder ridges is to use a "Filbert" style brush.  These have a rounded end and will make it much easier to get the right results.  Yes, I know what you are thinking.. "OMG, yet another item to buy"?  But, it will make a difference, I assure you.  Before using it in the vocoder, I suggest practicing with it first.

p1ST4GV.jpg      W5ml4Cc.jpg?1

5 hours ago, Rob .T . said:

Do you subscribe to RS Propmasters YouTube channel ? They are running a series of " how to " videos right now . 

I looked there the other day and all the ones I seen weren't how it's. Just info videos. And just talking about armor.

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Those lines will need to be a bit tighter, Alan.  The trick to getting the rounded ends on the tops of the vocoder ridges is to use a "Filbert" style brush.  These have a rounded end and will make it much easier to get the right results.  Yes, I know what you are thinking.. "OMG, yet another item to buy"?  But, it will make a difference, I assure you.  Before using it in the vocoder, I suggest practicing with it first.

p1ST4GV.jpg      W5ml4Cc.jpg?1

So just painting with it? There aren't any rounded edges on the vocoder of my bucket. Will I just have to make them rounded?

On 12/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

I looked there the other day and all the ones I seen weren't how it's. Just info videos. And just talking about armor.

Did you have your eyes shut at the time ? 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I posted anything one here. But I'm still building my armor.  Is coming along pretty well. I've been in contact with my local Garrison through Facebook and have been giving me a lot of help with building my armor. I'm just not able to post pics on here cuz I'm having a lot of problems with my phone battery not staying charged. I don't want to put any unnecessary apps on here. Might have to get me a new phone pretty soon.

13 hours ago, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

It's been awhile since I posted anything one here. But I'm still building my armor.  Is coming along pretty well. I've been in contact with my local Garrison through Facebook and have been giving me a lot of help with building my armor. I'm just not able to post pics on here cuz I'm having a lot of problems with my phone battery not staying charged. I don't want to put any unnecessary apps on here. Might have to get me a new phone pretty soon.

Using a phone to post photos may be a bit challenging, but if you have a PC or laptop it's actually pretty easy using imgur (imgur.com).  The advantage to posting pics here is that you have access to an entire Detachment dedicated to TKs, who will give you expert advice.  Troopers helping Troopers...it's what we do!  If you have any questions about using imgur or posting photos, just ask.  We are here to help!