Getting my ANH TK armor soon.

Mad Dog 20/20

Yes and yes. 

Leg cover strips should come in around 22mm. Only exception is the back of shins (calves) which is 25mm. I would also recommend using “inside cover strips” on the front of shins as well!

And yes, remove all the return around your ankle. That will allow it to sit closer to your boot, and help you in the fitting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coastertk said:

Yes and yes. 

Leg cover strips should come in around 22mm. Only exception is the back of shins (calves) which is 25mm. I would also recommend using “inside cover strips” on the front of shins as well!

And yes, remove all the return around your ankle. That will allow it to sit closer to your boot, and help you in the fitting. 

Kooll. Thank you

Edited by Mad Dog 20/20
Wording

Just as Jay mentioned, the cover strips should be 20-22 mm maximum for the front.  Note how there is a small amount of the ridge showing on each side:

T6VMIlw.jpg

DEFINITELY remove 100% of the return edges on the bottoms of the calves before fitting.  Remember to leave room, as you will be wearing boots.  If possible, wait until you have your boots and wear them during fitting.  Trust me.

For the shoulder bridges, those can be tricky to trim.  One thing you can do is take a scrap of ABS (shown in blue) with a straight edge to use as a guide, clamp it to the edge (orange ares) of the bridge along the cut line, and then SLOWLY make several cuts to score it.  It may take more than a few passes with the razor knife to get it deep enough, but then you should be able to snap off the excess afterward.  After that, some sanding (use a sanding block to keep the line even) and you are done.

I don't normally suggest using lexan scissors for this, as they can leave a line that is not straight.

eN4RIvK.jpg

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

Just as Jay mentioned, the cover strips should be 20-22 mm maximum for the front.  Note how there is a small amount of the ridge showing on each side:

T6VMIlw.jpg

DEFINITELY remove 100% of the return edges on the bottoms of the calves before fitting.  Remember to leave room, as you will be wearing boots.  If possible, wait until you have your boots and wear them during fitting.  Trust me.

For the shoulder bridges, those can be tricky to trim.  One thing you can do is take a scrap of ABS (shown in blue) with a straight edge to use as a guide, clamp it to the edge (orange ares) of the bridge along the cut line, and then SLOWLY make several cuts to score it.  It may take more than a few passes with the razor knife to get it deep enough, but then you should be able to snap off the excess afterward.  After that, some sanding (use a sanding block to keep the line even) and you are done.

I don't normally suggest using lexan scissors for this, as they can leave a line that is not straight.

eN4RIvK.jpg

Thank you

1 hour ago, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

Thank you

I already glued one side of front cover strip and removed bottom return edge of both sides. When I put them together, aren't they supposed to lay flush with each other? And not have any gaps? It's mostly on the front.

1214191513_compress27.jpg

1214191514_compress72.jpg

Just now, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

I already glued one side of front cover strip and removed bottom return edge of both sides. When I put them together, aren't they supposed to lay flush with each other? And not have any gaps? It's mostly on the front.

1214191513_compress27.jpg

1214191514_compress72.jpg

I may not have cut it straight.

The gaps can happen when  you make the mistake of measuring in from the flat edge. The edges are not usually straight so the best way to cut any butt joint is to lay your joining strip onto the edge of the armour where you want it to go and mark the middle of the strip on the top and bottom of the armour and draw a straight line. Now you know the two parts will join up perfectly. If you have some of the flat edge showing from under the joining trips, that's totally fine.

24 minutes ago, Mad Dog 20/20 said:

What is best way to remove E6000 glue?

1218191855_compress34.jpg

Hi, what I have done when need to remove de excess of E6000 glue is to rub with a clothe  or your finger. When I have needed to remove the glued piece I have used a knife or cutter to lift up the glue and carefully remove little by little the plastic. 

Hope this can help. 

8 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, what I have done when need to remove de excess of E6000 glue is to rub with a clothe  or your finger. When I have needed to remove the glued piece I have used a knife or cutter to lift up the glue and carefully remove little by little the plastic. 

Hope this can help. 

Yes. I will do that. Thank you

• Like 1