Getting my ANH TK armor soon.

Mad Dog 20/20

8 hours ago, Von Goodleef said:

Yesterday was my BBB day:cantinabandf:

I'm just not able to post pics Using Imgur. Not able to figure it out.

http://imgur.com/gallery/wUuFwvV

http://imgur.com/gallery/fteGIwj

Great news, oh happy days, now let the panic set in :laugh1:

You need to use the "direct link" to images, it's a bit weird on mobiles too. On computer you can just select copy and paste directly into your post ;) 

yBAJsnJ.jpg

xAoVD3F.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome and great news on the BBB!  Start a build thread ASAP, plenty of help that way and you can look at specific information on the AM builds (each vendor has their own set of tweaks in their kits). 

21 hours ago, LTM said:

Welcome and great news on the BBB!  Start a build thread ASAP, plenty of help that way and you can look at specific information on the AM builds (each vendor has their own set of tweaks in their kits). 

I started working on my Bucket

Left side https://imgur.com/gallery/lYtBQel

• Like 1

Exciting! Making quick work of that bucket. I can’t quite tell from this angle, but are your screws countersunk into the ears? They’ll need to be flush with the surface of the ears for higher level approval. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Exciting! Making quick work of that bucket. I can’t quite tell from this angle, but are your screws countersunk into the ears? They’ll need to be flush with the surface of the ears for higher level approval. Keep up the good work!

I counter sunk them in. I Wil take a close up of them. Thank you for the encouragement.

Nice start, Alan!  If I could make a few suggestions at this point, they would be:

1.  The ear is sitting pretty far forward and should be moved back, and the bottom angled back just a tad.  Ideally the center of the top should be centered with the back line of the rear trap above it... the screws should follow that line as well.  It shouldn't be too difficult to do, especially if you have the cap and faceplate attached underneath.  Nice trimming on those ears!!

zeKVATu.jpg                   aqL1Zj9.jpg?2   oYDEzWK.jpg?1  uD2z8pJ.jpg?1 

2.  The brow should extend a bit farther to where it ends at the rear of the trap (or very close).  See above photos.

JjdEAsq.jpg?1

Don't worry (honestly) about getting everything perfect the first time.  It's a learning curve each and every one of us went through, but I would suggest posting up pics before gluing or permanently attaching anything.  That way, if there are issues we can head em' off beforehand!   I am following this thread, so keep up the great work!!  :duim:

• Like 1

I cant use my phone to post from imgur, have to use my computer (so I feel your pain). That being said, take the time and post the pics of the front/ sides/ back before you make any changes. I had the same exact issue on my bucket, made the change and it actually fit better on my head.

Here are some threads to help with AM builds:

My thread, at the end you can see the bucket issue

AJ has a great build, highly recommend you go through it before any more building. 

Ask questions, but use photos from yours or others builds so we know exactly what help you need. 

• Like 1

I like the height of your brow; I’m going to be going on the lower end too myself. I think it looks more menacing. Haha.

While I’ll let the true pros give the final word, I suspect they’ll say that for upper levels you’ll want to remove some of the paint from the gums (tops and bottoms) around the teeth. I’m still trying to work out myself exactly how I’m going to ensure I don’t overpaint.

Also, looking back at your armor laid out, it appears that you have the Sandy hand guards. Did you also get the Sandy knee plate, or the one for a TK?

Keep up the great work! You’ll be a trooper before long! I didn’t get a pre-trimmed kit due to financial limitations, so I’m going to have a lot of legwork just to get to the point you’re at!

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I like the height of your brow; I’m going to be going on the lower end too myself. I think it looks more menacing. Haha.

While I’ll let the true pros give the final word, I suspect they’ll say that for upper levels you’ll want to remove some of the paint from the gums (tops and bottoms) around the teeth. I’m still trying to work out myself exactly how I’m going to ensure I don’t overpaint.

Also, looking back at your armor laid out, it appears that you have the Sandy hand guards. Did you also get the Sandy knee plate, or the one for a TK?

Keep up the great work! You’ll be a trooper before long! I didn’t get a pre-trimmed kit due to financial limitations, so I’m going to have a lot of legwork just to get to the point you’re at!

I got both hand guards. The regular ones are next to the forearms. I got parts for either build. But I'm going for ANH stunt build.

I want the menacing look. More Bad @&$ looking.:duim:

I appreciate your feed back.

This may help with the teeth

4upU3pG.jpg                    s4AllTr.jpg?1

9 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

This may help with the teeth

4upU3pG.jpg                    s4AllTr.jpg?1

Kool.!!! Also do I need to trim off the part in front of the ears off?

A bit here wouldn't hurt:  Notice how thin the ones in the photos are.  A few small gaps are fine (and expected), so no need to have them 100% flush against the helmet in all areas.

7FVzYwA.jpg   lDbz7zN.jpg?2  asrfRfa.jpg?1  oYDEzWK.jpg?1

You can only add so many attachments to a post, many of us use free online image hosts like Imgur, once you set up an account you can upload your images and depending on what you are using either copy the "direct link" to the image or right click and select copy and paste directly into your thread. Here's some info which may help 

24 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can only add so many attachments to a post, many of us use free online image hosts like Imgur, once you set up an account you can upload your images and depending on what you are using either copy the "direct link" to the image or right click and select copy and paste directly into your thread. Here's some info which may help 

Imgur didn't work very well on my phone. Have new app called Lit Photo. Just have to compress photo to about 30% then upload it to post. Am I able to delete previous pics that I posted?