Getting my ANH TK armor soon.

Mad Dog 20/20

14 minutes ago, Fives-Niner said:

Yes, you’ll find there are CRLs for all three of the original trilogy Stormtroopers, they have their differences though, so keep that in mind when picking one.

Absolutely correct.  As stated there are differences, even within the same film (ANH) there are Stunt TKs and Hero TKs.  Checking the CRls will explain them in detail, but for visual references I have a thread here which will help:  

• Like 1

Welcome Alan to the greatest detachment !!! We are here to help !!! My best advice to you while you wait for BBB is :

1). RESEARCH, RESEARCH, & more RESEARCH the build threads here !!! You will get prepared for the “marathon”...
2. Ask questions send pictures ...
3. I am so happy you are where ur at.... EVERYONE has been through what you’re going through feelings of EXCITEMENT, HAPPINESS, ANXIETY, FEAR, & TIREDNESS are just a slew of emotions to be expected, but never feel you are ALONE !
4. Spend 1-3 hrs every day working on your armor. I would spend more especially on my days off. Remember it’s ok to take time off and enjoy life and continue with refresh eyes.
5. DO NOT take short cuts !
6. ALWAYS use E-6000... ALWAYS ur armor will thank you !!!
7. Get good & comfortable leather boots. I strongly recommend IMPERIAL BOOTS. They are approveable and nice boots.
8. Get to know what EIB & CENTURION are and build to their specifications. (You will thank me later !!!
There is nothing plenty more, but we will get to it later ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I want to start by saying that I'm stoked to have found Whitearmor.net forum. It saved me from a massive migraine from knowing who not to buy armor kits from. Once my BBB arrives I will post pics of that and my build progress. Also I was wondering about proper TK armor builds. I noticed in ANH that it looked like only the left handed troopers have gun holsters. So do I have to have a holster on the left side to be 501st approved? I am right handed. And could I have holster on right side or not worry about it? Thanks for input :')

I’m right handed and I went with the ANH STUNT because i didn’t know any better. I was so happy with my decision afterwards. After building it, i decided to take it a bit further by carrying my E-11 on my left hand to be screen accurate & trained myself to be left handed while in character... it’s fun !!! Of course in the beginning I would carry it from time to time on my right, but now it’s rare I do. Having a holster on either side just means you decided what type of trooper you want to build & Only YOU can decide.

1 hour ago, TK 71627 said:

I’m right handed and I went with the ANH STUNT because i didn’t know any better. I was so happy with my decision afterwards. After building it, i decided to take it a bit further by carrying my E-11 on my left hand to be screen accurate & trained myself to be left handed while in character... it’s fun !!! Of course in the beginning I would carry it from time to time on my right, but now it’s rare I do. Having a holster on either side just means you decided what type of trooper you want to build & Only YOU can decide.

Nice. They say all people are born right handed but the Great ones over came it. Ha ha. My younger brother is left handed.

I'm not sure if they make E11 holsters for righties. May have to modify one.

I'm not sure if they make E11 holsters for righties. May have to modify one.

ANH TKs have left sided holsters. ESB & ROTJ have right sided holsters .... pick a build and follow CRL.... I choose ANH Stunt and made it work for me.

Welcome Alan to the greatest detachment !!! We are here to help !!! My best advice to you while you wait for BBB is :

1). RESEARCH, RESEARCH, & more RESEARCH the build threads here !!! You will get prepared for the “marathon”...
2. Ask questions send pictures ...
3. I am so happy emoji2.png you are where ur at.... EVERYONE has been through what you’re going through feelings of EXCITEMENT, HAPPINESS, ANXIETY, FEAR, & TIREDNESS are just a slew of emotions to be expected, but never feel you are ALONE !
4. Spend 1-3 hrs every day working on your armor. I would spend more especially on my days off. Remember it’s ok to take time off and enjoy life and continue with refresh eyes.
5. DO NOT take short cuts !
6. ALWAYS use E-6000... ALWAYS ur armor will thank you emoji4.png!!!
7. Get good & comfortable leather boots. I strongly recommend IMPERIAL BOOTS. They are approveable and nice boots.
8. Get to know what EIB & CENTURION are and build to their specifications. (You will thank me later emoji1417.png !!!
There is nothing plenty more, but we will get to it later ....

Thanks friend for the encouragement. Working on it for a few hours a day makes sense. And yes, I have been learning about EIB and CENTURIAN. All of this info is a bit overwhelming at first. I never knew that there was so many differences in Stormtrooper armor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Von Goodleef said:

I have been learning about EIB and CENTURIAN. All of this info is a bit overwhelming at first. I never knew that there was so many differences in Stormtrooper armor.

Don't let it get overwhelming.  Just ask questions!  Have a look here:    https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

Holsters are shown/described in the last post.

28 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Don't let it get overwhelming.  Just ask questions!  Have a look here:    https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

Holsters are shown/described in the last post.

Ird all good bro. Just Take my time with it =')

Great news, now the wait begins, time to do some build research, go through the CRL (costume reference library) https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt , reference gallery https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/ and also @justjoseph63 reference image depository https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos ;) 

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great news, now the wait begins, time to do some build research, go through the CRL (costume reference library) https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt , reference gallery https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/ and also @justjoseph63 reference image depository https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos ;) 

I've been talking with justjoseph63 . he has been very  helpful as all of you have been.:salute:

• Like 3

On 12/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Von Goodleef said:

I got myself a cheap Rubies E-11 blaster on the way that I will be modifying to look realistic.

Since I get the feeling you will be aiming for Centurion, Alan, (:duim:) I wouldn't suggest spending a lot on the  Rubie's blaster.  You can use it for level 2 (EI) but not level 3, so for now I would just hit it with some black spray paint and maybe a little weathering (but not on the T-tracks or handle).

3 hours ago, Von Goodleef said:

I should be getting my TK armor Monday:dancing-trooper::cantinabandf:

WOO-HOO!  Nothing like the smell of a big box full of ABS, lol.  Remember... stay organized, take your time, post lots of pics and ask lots of questions!

49 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Since I get the feeling you will be aiming for Centurion, Alan, (:duim:) I wouldn't suggest spending a lot on the  Rubie's blaster.  You can use it for level 2 (EI) but not level 3, so for now I would just hit it with some black spray paint and maybe a little weathering (but not on the T-tracks or handle).

WOO-HOO!  Nothing like the smell of a big box full of ABS, lol.  Remember... stay organized, take your time, post lots of pics and ask lots of questions!

I've been working on my Rubies. I was thinking of making one that looked brand new just because I'm a new trooper freash off the factory floor. Lol. I probably won't add any greeblies too it. Save all that cash for my level 3 blaster.

2 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

Alan, I would be getting and lining up my tools and information.... make sure you are psyched up for Monday!!!

Oh yeah:duim: I've been lining up my tools that I already have and getting the ones I need. A local TK brother has a pair of scissors he's going to give me. And gathering the other stuff I need. And the closer BBB day arrives I'm getting more and more psyched up. 

2 hours ago, Von Goodleef said:

Yesterday was my BBB day:cantinabandf:

I'm just not able to post pics Using Imgur. Not able to figure it out.

http://imgur.com/gallery/wUuFwvV

http://imgur.com/gallery/fteGIwj

Yes Alan!!  Congratulations for your BBB day. By the way, 

don't panic with the quantity of pieces  

You are about to start a very interesting process of building your own armor, it's something like a Jedi building his own lightsaber. Enjoy and remember here you will find tons of info and a lot of experienced troopers willing to help.

The following links can be helpfull to post your photos.

cheers and congrats again.

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction