KW / ImperialSurplus for Velocipanda Cosplay

Hi there!
It's finally time for me to build my a femtrooper armor.

I'm doing this for my beautiful girlfriend, @Vicky_Velocipanda. She recieved the BBB yesterday (nov. 16th) and we started right off with trimming and assembling the helmet. Here's the progress so far.

Unpacking the BBB...

fem%20(8).jpg

trimming the ears...

fem%20(7).jpg

fem%20(6).jpg

trimming the rest of the helmet...

fem%20(4).jpg

and assembling it:

fem%20(2).jpg

fem%20(3).jpg

We will trim the eyes and teeth later today and document it. ;)

Afterwards I started trimming the backplate and then... well just went on.

fem%20(5).jpg

So this is what we've roughly trimmed now:

fem%20(1).jpg

Vicky will modify these boots to fit the CRL.

The next step is trimming the legs and arms. Is my assumption correct, that we're supposed to use the butt joint method here with an inverted coverstripe? (on the inside instead of outside) Or shall we use the overlap method?

p.s.: this thread will be pic heavy.

• Like 3

Hi Danny yep your assumption is correct butt joints are required and the supporting strip should be non visible so used on the inside , just to say modding the boots can be a painful experience also I’m assuming your going for version A due to the heels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:41 AM, JZYL said:

Looks like you guys participated in the October promo!

Did you guys have a lot of mold release on the inside of you pieces? It's like super oil/greasy in mine.

There was a bit of that oily stuff on some parts, but not too much actually. If I remember correctly, there was quite a bit of that greasy stuff on the breast and back plate, not much on other parts! And I participated in his free shipping promo because I‘m located in Germany and international shipping rates are crazy! 

• Like 2

6FlMycMr.jpg

Like most ladies, FemTK enjoys taking a nice bubble bath to wash off the dirt and dust of travelling in an enclosed space.

But her bubbles are made with Dawn dish soap, and she's washing off packing peanuts and mold release residue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dane.favia said:

Where did you purchase your kit from?  My wife is very interested in getting involved with a build of her own. Thanks mate!

Try here ;)

https://imperialsurplus.com/product/legacy-femtk-jes-gistang-armor/

https://www.facebook.com/imperialsurplus/

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2019 at 3:44 AM, Chopper857 said:

Hi Danny yep your assumption is correct butt joints are required and the supporting strip should be non visible so used on the inside emoji106.png, just to say modding the boots can be a painful experience also I’m assuming your going for version A due to the heels emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm working on a FemTk too! Almost done with the helmet. About to start on the torso, but I was wondering if there are any photos of your above mentioned technique.

6 minutes ago, Captain Eclipse said:
Hi! I'm working on a FemTk too! Almost done with the helmet. About to start on the torso, but I was wondering if there are any photos of your above mentioned technique.

Hi there have a look at wip I did for my wife’s build any questions just let me know

Edited by Chopper857