Abdomen button colors

Hi there, Trooper.

Here’s a handy thread on paint colours; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39650-anh-paint-colour-guide/

The grey for the frown and ab buttons is the same. The blue can be used for ab buttons and tubestripes.

:-)

• Like 2

Definitely enamel, Dain.  Hopefully you will be aiming for level 3 (Centurion) but even if you aren't, for closer screen accuracy I would highly suggest following the CRL for that requirement which states that the ab-button paint "shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button".  Note on the screen used one below how there is a small space below the painted area.

ZPCmXUL.jpg?1

To make painting these areas easier, I suggest using a "filbert" style bush.  The rounded end will give you a lot more control.

W15zTzK.jpg?1

• Like 2

On 11/14/2019 at 6:19 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Definitely enamel, Dain.  Hopefully you will be aiming for level 3 (Centurion) but even if you aren't, for closer screen accuracy I would highly suggest following the CRL for that requirement which states that the ab-button paint "shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button".  Note on the screen used one below how there is a small space below the painted area.

ZPCmXUL.jpg?1

To make painting these areas easier, I suggest using a "filbert" style bush.  The rounded end will give you a lot more control.

W15zTzK.jpg?1

Agreed, this brush also makes painting your Vocoder so much easier.

Correct colours in Humbrol are

Blue Gloss14

Grey Gloss 5

Black Satin 85

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Be sure to post some photos, Dain.  I would suggest trying out the brush/paint on another surface to get the hang of using it.  Looking forward to seeing the end result!  :popcorn: