New ANTHOLOGY TK Crl

Parquette

1 hour ago, Harder said:

Perhaps a lil off topic, but ya know what would be badass?.... a TK trooper action figure that you can order your own TK number. I’d pay whatever the custom cost.

You can, there is a member who makes them https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014485#1014485

I did my own as the postage would have been a killer, still have to do the card for my FOTK ;) 

star.thumb.jpg.bd3f403281e678930e150371f85a8d32.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harder said:

Thanks! No wonder I couldn’t find it.. I’m not authorized yet.... YET

Correct you will find once you are approved (and request higher access) you will be able to enter the merchandise sections here and on the main legion boards, hopefully that's not too far away ;) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can, there is a member who makes them https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014485#1014485

I did my own as the postage would have been a killer, still have to do the card for my FOTK ;) 

He does your face on it too?

7 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

He does your face on it too?

No those are the ones I made in the picture, I don't think he does the face.

You can find him on FB and see what he offers there https://www.facebook.com/TD5491PhenixCustoms/photos

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

THIS IS AWESOME!!! I would totally add the black series figure to my collection. Love it.

• Like 1

Also, to kind of get this thread back on track a little bit, I just went through the entire first season of The Mandalorian and picked out every screen reference I could. There's a lot of things in there, but what I can confirm is that the Remnant Stormtroopers are in fact wearing Rogue One armor and an OT helmet. The more trained eyes already identified these as Anovos helmets which I think is accurate, but one of the things that was crazy about these TKs is that they are definitely a rag-tag group of troopers. Let me post just a few pics for now:

sWwtQTq.jpg

First this guy with his "old-school" boots.

Ez1DjB2.jpg

And then this guy with the flat soles. Also, Mr. Flat Soles doesn't have a Thermal Detonator, nor does this guy:

mavkx3J.jpg

PZSJTJg.jpg

But he does. I'm finding lots of things like this as I go along. This will be a fun little project.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigJasoni said:

Also, to kind of get this thread back on track a little bit, I just went through the entire first season of The Mandalorian and picked out every screen reference I could. There's a lot of things in there, but what I can confirm is that the Remnant Stormtroopers are in fact wearing Rogue One armor and an OT helmet. The more trained eyes already identified these as Anovos helmets which I think is accurate, but one of the things that was crazy about these TKs is that they are definitely a rag-tag group of troopers. Let me post just a few pics for now:

First this guy with his "old-school" boots.

And then this guy with the flat soles. Also, Mr. Flat Soles doesn't have a Thermal Detonator, nor does this guy:

But he does. I'm finding lots of things like this as I go along. This will be a fun little project.

You can find many oddities and one off's in most of the movies, no surprise we see it even now, but the general/majority overall look is what is used as reference at the end of the day ;) 

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can find many oddities and one off's in most of the movies, no surprise we see it even now, but the general/majority overall look is what is used as reference at the end of the day ;) 

Glen,

Perfect. I'll start generalizing things  because I was really getting down to the details in my search. If anything, I'm learning a lot more about the armor and finding things that need to be tweaked on mine. Elements of the CRL are also starting to make a lot more sense to me as look closer at the screen-used props.

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

No those are the ones I made in the picture, I don't think he does the face.

Back to the figures for a minute. How did you do those faces? They're great. My son has a few loose TKs from when he was a little guy. One may have to be sacrificed to build a custom figure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigJasoni said:

Back to the figures for a minute. How did you do those faces? They're great. My son has a few loose TKs from when he was a little guy. One may have to be sacrificed to build a custom figure.

Been collecting figures for years and found some had faces but a lot don't and only have a ball under the helmet, thought a few looked pretty close to me so added the goatee and done.

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Been collecting figures for years and found some had faces but a lot don't and only have a ball under the helmet, thought a few looked pretty close to me so added the goatee and done.

Ahh, got it. That's pretty good. I wasn't sure if you made the head or not. I'm going to have to try this out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I noticed that there are imperial binders on the CRL now, does anyone know what the reference is for these? Every version I can find is the more generic one that disney released a few years back. Trying to find a few more reference pictures, before I attempt to make them.

Tk_rogue_one_binders.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, more Remnant Stormtroopers appearing in this week's episode of The Mandalorian.
R0WJWTC.jpg

4S05OMb.jpg92ZyKgy.jpg

CZDY3Aa.jpg

Oh, and since we were talking figures a few weeks ago, look what I was able to pick up last week.

6FhdLJr.jpg

I think I have enough screen shots and given the fact that I have two different Remnant Stormtrooper action figures, I'd say they have made this a reoccurring character. I'll start getting everything organized and see what I can come up with. Also, can anyone tell me how the Anovos interest list thing work. I put my name on the list a few months ago and still haven't heard anything. Now I just get Star Trek costume junk in my email everyday. I'd put it in my junk mail, but then I'd be afraid I'd miss word when they finally do a helmet run.

Edited by BigJasoni
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BigJasoni said:

Also, can anyone tell me how the Anovos interest list thing work. I put my name on the list a few months ago and still haven't heard anything. Now I just get Star Trek costume junk in my email everyday. I'd put it in my junk mail, but then I'd be afraid I'd miss word when they finally do a helmet run.

Anovos lost their LFL license so it is very doubtful they will be producing any more SW kit, unless they have some stock tucked away somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath.

I know this thread was about the FOTK kit but there is plenty of information in it regarding the Anovos situation.

Quite a lengthy thread on the RPF in regards to ANOVOS https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/anovos-picks-up-the-high-end-star-wars-costuming-license.212164/

Unfortunately ANOVOS started out strong but just couldn't deliver over quite a few years and kept many on wait lists, a lot of those are still without refunds.

ANOVOS will continue to send anyone on their interest lists spam emails even when it has nothing to do with what you have clicked as interested, well until they loose other licenses 

As to if there is enough reference for a CRL that's entirely up to our DL (detachment leader) and the LMO's (legion membership officers) ;) 

38 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Anovos lost their LFL license so it is very doubtful they will be producing any more SW kit, unless they have some stock tucked away somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ugh. That stinks, I really wanted to grab one of their DIY kits which I could have sworn was $150 the last time I checked. Now they have the kit listed for $300, but it's Interest List only.

14 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Quite a lengthy thread on the RPF in regards to ANOVOS https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/anovos-picks-up-the-high-end-star-wars-costuming-license.212164/

Unfortunately ANOVOS started out strong but just couldn't deliver over quite a few years and kept many on wait lists, a lot of those are still without refunds.

ANOVOS will continue to send anyone on their interest lists spam emails even when it has nothing to do with what you have clicked as interested, well until they loose other licenses ;) 

I'll check out the links. What's funny is that it was a FOTK costume at Galaxy's Edge that started me down this path to begin with. I was told the one they had there for $6,615 :icon_eek: was an Anovos kit.
Regarding the spam mail... yup... I have absolutely no interest in Star Trek, but apparently that's what they're pushing now. I signed up for the OT helmet interest list, but now get one email per day about their other stuff. Nope. Guess I'll look elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, BigJasoni said:

I'll check out the links. What's funny is that it was a FOTK costume at Galaxy's Edge that started me down this path to begin with. I was told the one they had there for $6,615 :icon_eek: was an Anovos kit.

Correct it was and that was part of the issue, ANOVOS was supplying Galaxy's Edge while others had been on paid wait lists for years, hence the reason a class action was brought against ANOVOS. The price was the same as a prebuilt setup from ANOVOS but a kit was $800 then. There was also an issue that what people paid for which was TFA armor was not the armor ANOVOS was supplying to a very few, it was TLJ version and even then had some issues with accuracy and assembly changes.

It would be interesting to see IF you could still purchase the armor from Galaxy's Edge as ANOVOS no longer has the Star Wars license. 

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It would be interesting to see IF you could still purchase the armor from Galaxy's Edge as ANOVOS no longer has the Star Wars license. 

I'll look into that. Sad thing is this is typically the time of year when we make the trip down there. If this were not 2020, I'd probably be looking at the stuff right now. 

I heard that there were some issues, but had no idea it had gone that far. What a shame.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Rufus

A friend of mine from the 501st and 99th sent me this link, some excellent screen grabs here....

https://www.cap-that.com/starwars/the-mandalorian/101/2160/?page=10

• 1 month later...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO this thread has been all over the place, but I'd like to get this conversation started back up now that we've seen the same "Remnant" Stormtroopers in Season 1 and Season 2 and multiple toys under that name. The Pathfinders Detachment has also set precedent with their new Mandalorian Scout CRL

If someone makes it, will a Remnant Stormtrooper be given strong consideration for a new CRL? I believe there is enough reference to warrant it. 

If not, can the SE-14R be added as an optional blaster for the Rogue One CRL? And should it be updated to include clean white TK's from Solo, The Mandalorian, and upcoming properties, perhaps under a renamed "New Generation" or "Non-Saga" Stormtrooper CRL?

Let's get some answers/guidance from leadership and let's get this moving! :D

What would be different?

- ANH TK helmet (optional?)

- specific (non-Sandy) weathering

- Thermal Detonator (optional?)

- SE-14R or RO E-11 optional

What else...?

Edited by TheRascalKing

46 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO this thread has been all over the place, but I'd like to get this conversation started back up now that we've seen the same "Remnant" Stormtroopers in Season 1 and Season 2 and multiple toys under that name. The Pathfinders Detachment has also set precedent with their new Mandalorian Scout CRL.

Justin,
Thanks for resurrecting the thread. I was just having this conversation with someone yesterday and was about to reengage, but you beat me to it. So, maybe a little my fault for getting this thread off course earlier with the action figures, but I believe LFL has had no problem marketing the Remnant character. As of this post, we now have a black series figure, two vintage collection versions and a sideshow collectibles sixth scale figure. Yes, Hasbro and Sideshow are independent companies, but it shows that the blessing was given by LFL for the naming of this character.

The rest of my reasoning is pulled from anthology films and Disney+ features because there's screen references and that's what we need. Post-Endor and Post-Civil War Remnants have been covered extensively in both Canon and Legend writings. Please refer to these references for additional information: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_remnants

I thought I pointed this out earlier, but neglected to actually do so. In Chapter 15 "The Believer," Mayfield and Cara Dune have a very specific conversation in which Mayfield states "these Remnant bases are set up by ex ISB." Cara then goes on to state "you sure do know a lot about Imperial Remnants." This exchange, along with the figures and visual references from this episode and the ones in Season 1 solidify the idea of Imperial Remnants as their own established character/ faction in the Star Wars universe and New Republic era.  

Next, after seeing Moff Gideon's forces in season 1 and then the seizure of the Imperial Gozanti Freighter in Chapter 11 "The Heiress," as well as the revelation of Grand Admiral Thrawn's existence at the end of Chapter 13 "The Jedi," we've also got an abundance of 'healthy' (shiny white) Imperial forces who appear to be disconnected from the Remnant factions... AND ALL WEARING ROTK ARMOR! We don't know anything about Thrawn's forces other than what we assume were annihilated in Rebels, but now we can expect to see these guys make an appearance in season 3. Thrawn sounds like he's alive and well. These instances as well as every other occurance of ROTK armor in Anthology projects is why I wholeheartedly believe the name should be changed from ROTK to New Generation Stormtrooper. This also opens the door for new weapons and accessories used on screen including the SE-14R.       

So, with that said, The Remnant Stormtrooper appears to have ROTK armor, heavily weathered/ damaged an OT Helmet, and a plethora of different weapons. I'll look for the reference photos I haven't posted.

• Like 3