TK-14627 Requesting Centurian Status ANH Stunt (RWA) (453)

Casperiser

Jamie Kingston

UKG / 501st - TK14627 - ANH Stunt TK

Casperiser

UKG Armourer - CableGuy (Daniel Branton)

RWA Armour (2mm ABS Capped), helmet, belt, neck seal, holster

RS Propmaster supplied - boots, blaster, gloves

5' 10" height

12 stone weight

Voice comms - TRamp

PICTURE UPLOAD COMPLETE

FRONT

uE2lwDP.jpg

BACK 

FTIaWa5.jpg

LEFT + ARMS RAISED

UL0Jd7L.jpg

M7J0egj.jpg

RIGHT + ARMS RAISED

CqdjzyD.jpg

Di7BSCB.jpg

AB / KIDNEY ATTACHMENT 

KkhXGQY.jpg

Lmrrvw0.jpg

t4MA2SH.jpg

BUTTON ORIENTATION

3laqpDS.jpg

rURhNNW.jpg

mKzkOYh.jpg

BUTT / KIDNEY

t4MA2SH.jpg

HAND PLATES

Boxo25J.jpg?1

TK7EpCy.jpg

rFj6eFB.jpg

SHOULDER BRIDGE BACK / FRONT

aWXf7b9.jpg

Pk0NL0M.jpg

zpdFWiQ.jpg

BLOijIi.jpg

BACK / CHEST CONNECTION

Lmrrvw0.jpg

THIGH PACK ATTACHMENT

o23iGEe.jpg

y2QhYNo.jpg

tyQ5M0h.jpg

eycamEP.jpg

KNEE PLATE

YYDf1rI.jpg

xGi7n3H.jpg

FzHmUTe.jpg

euUiQjE.jpg

7AOe8bC.jpg

yAeaRSJ.jpg

KIDNEY PLATE / HANS SNAP

SRNt4kT.jpg

10APuAB.jpg

uNWdy7f.jpg

RwDDNwl.jpg?1

DROP BOX BACK

VG09f6S.jpg

h5Jx8yU.jpg

COD AND BUTT PLATE ATTACHMENT

yjbctiw.jpg

7y5iHfu.jpg

NJE3hR2.jpg

uVAPZG6.jpg

INTERIOR STRAPPING

3GNbtC8.jpg

KkhXGQY.jpg

WRIST SIDE OF FOREARMS

6glemuO.jpg

8NOIZvJ.jpg

HELMET FRONT

4ZEXBr4.jpg?1

HELMET LHS / RHS

G26u2mS.jpg

haSQt81.jpg

HELMET BACK

0OzQVYR.jpg

HOVI TIP

dVin743.jpg?1

aosPnsD.jpg

i3ZgZ3H.jpg

LENSE COLOUR

nYnP6dZ.jpg

rimYPoA.jpg

S-TRIM

f7RRNWp.jpg

BLASTER

9xHrw54.jpg?1

BjYCQq2.jpg?1

NECK SEAL

p6VZmmw.jpg

Scpw728.jpg

THERMAL DETONATOR

6hYvswF.jpg

wpW903p.jpg

HOLSTER ATTACHMENT

zpz9jF9.jpg

D71jc2L.jpg

tVPu9tE.jpg

v3xCbev.jpg

Edited by Casperiser

Nice work trooper, just a couple of tweaks would really make you stand out.

You do have a little bit of return edges in some places,

SlDpx3W.jpg?1

A couple of your fine black lines are a little wide/narrow in places, I find going over with a permanent marker can help straighten lines . Also notice the top trap is a little on an angle compared to the recess

haSQt81.jpg

Vocoder you can see a couple of areas of black which have gone further than the mold lines, first step.

dVin743.jpg?1

Could be just the photos but looks as if your lenses are set quite a distance back from the faceplate

4ZEXBr4.jpg?1

Looking forward to seeing your other images.

Good luck with approval

Thanks Glen,

i've now trimmed the return edges you mentioned and also shortened the elastic between the ab and the kidney which has brought the sides in closer.

The Vocoder lines where i have gone over, was a mod that i was advised to undertake in order to make the Vocoder more screen accurate, it took me ages. I'd be reluctant to redo that if its not necessary.

I think the lenses must be the pictures, there is no more than 1mm gap around them, even less at the front.

Here are some pics of my return edges and sides, hope they look better?

Hopefully you can see also i've glued the drop boxes in position as well.

kcpQX4w.jpg

Jfe3Ljc.jpg

Edited by Casperiser

Nice work, Jamie.

Regarding the vocoder, the RWA helmet has a slightly narrow vocoder area. To create a more screen accurate vocoder shape, the paint must extend beyond the physical vocoder molds, as you have done.

Note the shorter 2nd and 6th bars;

31a9ffe1f9e4bb87694f35101c1320a2.jpg&key=a3564fe56881a4f6bb1ad54aee72df60878f708b91e309d5ee6f6b30d9c42472

Great work, Jamie. :-)

There are many Vocoder paint jobs seen on screen. Chose one you like and go for it. Just make sure it has a defined outline.

There are many Vocoder paint jobs seen on screen. Chose one you like and go for it. Just make sure it has a defined outline.

Hi Andrew,

As he was aiming for centurion from the outset, we aimed for the most common vocoder shape seen on stunt troopers throughout ANH - my comment was just in relation to Glen’s feedback. The moulded lines on the RWA helmet (if followed exactly) would give a vocoder similar to one of the hero helmets.

The final vocoder shape looks great, to my eyes.

Looks like someone has been BUSY!  I appreciate you taking the time to jump on those suggestions (was kind of hoping you would have worked on the tube stripes, though..;)).

I'll be with ya' shortly, brother.  Thanks!

I personally don't have an issue with the vocoder, as it is pretty close to many of the Stunt ones seen onscreen:

References

2xNl90T.jpg?1                     tHSDxKV.jpg?1   wdXcGiV.jpg?1

• Like 1

Hi Jamie!  My sincere apologies for not picking this up before, but I just noticed something that will affect your L3 approval.  It may just be me, but do you have a repair/patch under the lower right hand side?  (See arrow).  As seen in the second close-up, it appears to have edges and something ( a rivet?) holding it in place and sort of stands out.  It also looks pretty noticeable in your profile pic (#3).  Patches are fine (hundreds of us have them) and don't need to be 100% perfect, but they need to blend in with the surrounding area.

9AwwJwG.jpg?1     nZ6PlgK.jpg         uiTX90R.jpg?1

Hi Joseph,

that is where I have a crack which I repaired with super glue / t shirt. Some of the glue seeped through and got a bit discoloured. I’ll clean it up And post some more pics shortly.

There are no rivets there.

Jamie

Edited by Casperiser

Hi Joseph,

i apologise this was my fault..

Here is a pic of the area as was originally in the pics, no revits however a black mark where the repair was.

4aOjjiI.jpg

I have now cleaned it up so it looks much better, unfortunately there are 2 cracks there which are patched on the underside.

KSg3ym7.jpg

iJexNae.jpg

Hopefully this looks much better now?

Jamie

Edited by Casperiser
  • Like 2

Looks MUCH better, thanks.  Sanding that area down with some high-grit (600+) sandpaper and polishing it would smooth it out even more.  Be with ya' shortly!

• Like 1

Hi again, Jamie, and thank you for your application for Centurion!  As I said before, I really appreciate you taking the time to get on those issues so fast!

Now let's get to the good part!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of the DO team and myself, congratulations! :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

You have done a brilliant job on this build, brother, and we only have a few suggestions that we feel would really make this awesome set of armor look it's best!

As was suggested before, taking a Sharpie or a paint pen to those stripes would make them a bit more uniform in appearance. 

K68vCcr.jpg?1   Y45mZp1.jpg?1

Reference images

sXj98VR.jpg?2   lrqfHQj.jpg?1

Your canvas belt could use a haircut, lol.  Having the odd stray thread is no big deal, but 30 seconds with a pair of scissors would tidy up those edges nicely and make it look a lot better!! 

Reference image

rQe2LkV.jpg?1       gvi8uwf.png?1

Lastly, we are recommending that you reduce the gap between the tops of your thighs and cod area by slightly rotating them in.  Although there were certainly disparities in this area seen in the film, for the majority the gaps are smaller.  This would also allow your front cover strips to line up a tad better. 

Reference images

59BnXHw.jpg             9S734aO.jpg?2  lNjFZ9q.jpg?2

85eyHwc.jpg?2

I realize in doing this that the backs may ride up too high, but you can safely cut those down.  Doing that would definitely make them more comfortable when walking, and as seen below also screen accurate.

sMEMDwk.jpg?2  H3VeDQN.jpg

Reference images

Va8EW9V.jpg?4  h36tQF2.jpg?1 gOLm9Lr.jpg?1

Now it's time to get out there and make both the UKG and the Lord Vader proud as it's newest Centurion level TK!

Side note:  Now that you are representing the Empire in an elite status, Jamie, I genuinely hope you will continue to spend time here on the FISD to share your build expertise and help those on their own white armor journey!  "Troopers helping Troopers" (and future Troopers)!!

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-14627 Requesting Centurian Status ANH Stunt (RWA) (451)
21 hours ago, Casperiser said:

I’ve given my belt a haircut and trimmed the back of my thighs which now look and feel much better.

:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-14627 Requesting Centurian Status ANH Stunt (RWA) (453)