Stormtrooper impostors

masterx244

I watched it for 10 minutes, and I have to say I admire his endurance.  Must have done 500 reps in that time without a break.  :laugh1:

Checked thru my local picture archives and stumbled over those 2 pics from 2019 gamescom that were sent to me by a friend:

GC19-TKC.jpg

GC19-TK.jpg

Both looked weird to me since important details were done wrong, (tube stripes, ridge below the eyes, other parts looking too soft)

Looks like this TKC bucket was designed with a WAY over sized protruding cap to keep rain/sun off the lenses. :laugh1:  All are definitely more than a bit odd looking.

JxRJkuj.jpg?1

3 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looks like this TKC bucket was designed with a WAY over sized protruding cap to keep rain/sun off the lenses. :laugh1:  All are definitely more than a bit odd looking.

JxRJkuj.jpg?1

Got a few more pictures of the other stuff there, too but my personal references aren't as good for spotting errors as on the original TKs. i wonder what source was used by that shop......

Edit: All pictures here: https://nplusc.de/whitearmor/failures/

Edited by masterx244
Link added

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

This is honestly disappointing to read. How is he a weirdo and we all aren’t? I hope people that we dress up for aren’t as judgemental.

Obviously we have high expectations here at the 501st but people are allowed to dress up for the love of starwars on their own or part of a different group. They aren’t as “official” but he is as weird as us; we are one in the same.

He was requested by the cinema so he should have checked his armor at least. Dangling straps (he has his shoulder bell closure strap open for some reason) shouldn't happen when appearing at opening days.

Sidenote: i wonder which armor manufacturer he used since the breast plate looks too small for his lower armor parts.

13 hours ago, masterx244 said:

i wonder which armor manufacturer he used since the breast plate looks too small for his lower armor parts.

We all know there are many rip off armor makers. I feel bad for the guy, he definitely doesn’t have the trained eyes we have or the know how. I (along with countless others) have accidentally purchased from JediRobe or Rubies due to our lack of knowledge at the time :/

But because of this caring, wise community we now have a greater view than what we had before. We care and help each other.. Let’s show that same care for “weirdos” like this.

Yes, we make a certain amount of sport of those with kits like this, but let's face it, not everyone can afford to spend $1000 + dollars on TK armor/accessories but still want to live the dream we all had of being a Stormtrooper. 

I bought my first kit from ebay to use as a Halloween costume.  Did I make mistakes on my build?  Good GOD yes!  When I got it done I thought I was the coolest cat alive, but being an accuracy nut I did some research, found out about the 501st/FISD and it opened up a whole new world I never knew existed.

I have seen many folks with ebay type kits while trooping (especially at SW movie premiers).  I always hand them one of my trading cards and tell them a bit about the 501st in case they want more information.

Some people are happy-as-clams to wear non "approved" armor and just want to get out, have fun, (I say more power to them) and don't care about being approved, then there are the rest of us, lol.

To put it another way, what if a person with wonky looking armor decides to check out the FISD in hopes of joining and sees their photo(s) posted with deriding comments.  Ouch.

Just something to think about....

• Like 14

And people wonder why we get elitist shamed. 

It's cause of this. Nothing good comes from these threads. 

Every person in those photos is a fan of Star Wars. Just like you. 

• Like 5