Differences between TFA and TLJ TK

I'm bringing my FOTK out of retirement, and I see some differences mainly the helmet but is there a specific details between the two armors? I'd like to convert my pre-FOTK intial kit to TLJ, but not if I need to do tons of adjustments as the majority of people won't notice just the helmet differences. 

Depending on your GML you may be able to question the change to the TD. There have been a number of approvals with the TFA TD given it appears on several troopers in TLJ.

The current CRL doesn’t address two other known differences between TFA and TLJ troopers ... the forearm shape is different and so too are the helmet clips. They are flat rather than indented.

8f4f9649933752265abfb27eab2650ba.jpg

The CRL is fluid and is under review. You’d be best to get your pics in quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forearm differences

f3dCIqu.png

Clip recesses section also a little bigger on TLJ on helmet, but most wouldn't notice. 

3vAh17J.png

As said it really comes down to your GML, most know about the TD but some don't, it's not a hard fix and you can actually get away with this if you can add a black cap on the end.

TFA TFA TK thermal detonator.png               TLJ  TLJ TK thermal detonator.png

If you want to reach L2 you will also need a different cod

NUKrHzf.jpg

• Like 1

The real forearm difference is the shape at the elbow. A different cut altogether.

The area you’ve highlighted as ‘grey ‘ is actually a dome head Allen key bolt. This was one of two bolts used to affix the Picatinny rail on the TLJ kits.

There are three different cod shapes seen in TLJ and I trust the CRL will address this in time.

It’s hard to enforce the all black end cap as standard when the TFA TD is seen several times in TLJ.

c9774c1d45e3e18b8c581351fbdad5e7.jpg&key=a3d2b18d14a4a1a5362c0cb659d6d0677f0764adb23a2990899d7df462b019f8

7eae17c8eaa333234f44c18620d2cd59.jpg&key=28af7ee0f66386469060af27f8f7ca758fa927c9d58fd2b17ccda9fd64dc962a

Admittedly the TLJ TD was a complete redesign from TFA but it’s hard to ignore the facts seen above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JAFO said:

There are three different cod shapes seen in TLJ and I trust the CRL will address this in time.

Well, we've had calls out for CRL edits for over a year and for most of my term I was doing monthly updates.  If you have specific language you want to see, you are always free to submit it as:

What is currently says:

What it should say:

Also, as you are probably already aware the CRLs - not just ours but any in the 501st - aren't meant to capture every possible variation or wardrobe issue, but the canonical character.   Hence why Mr. No Stripes is not in the CRL, etc.

• Like 4