Would these snaps work?

Hey everyone

I was wondering about the snaps for my inner strapping.  I know that the go to choice is Tandy 24 line snaps, but I was thinking that these might be a good alternative. 

https://www.lincraft.com.au/heavy-duty-press-stud-size-15mm-silver-20pk

Any help would be great., thanks.

If the price listed on the website is USD, then I don’t see taking the risk on these snaps as being worth it. You’d only be saving $0.50 USD if that’s the case relative to Tandy Snaps on Amazon.

However, since it’s an Australian website, if the price is in the Australian dollar, then I can see the incentive to try it. What I’d recommend, if you do purchase them, is to test them out on an especially mobile joint before you do a full installation. In other words, try some of the snaps on the elbow joint (forearm-to-bicep). Move it around a bit to see if the snaps come loose or hold. If they hold after some persistent arm waving, then do another joint and test. 

I obviously don’t have any experience with these particular snaps, but I can vouch for the Tandy snaps. They work well. If it’s a matter of saving $0.50 USD for the same amount of snaps, don’t bother. Otherwise, I encourage you to test it and let others know what comes of it! 

• Like 1

I only ask because I live in Australia and these snaps are in my local fabric store.  These would be an alternative to purchasing Tandy snaps from their website or on Amazon and paying USA currency conversion, pricey shipping fees etc.  These snaps I found are easy to get when I need them, but only if you guys think that they might be acceptable.

I use a similar snap from Spotlight but have found over the last few years the quality has dropped slightly, I do advise anyone to use the double snap method that way if you do have a failure you have a back up next to it ;) .

Also before using the tool to open the post just give a light tap with a Philips head screwdriver first, it will allow the post to open a little more, then once you have used the snap tool find a bolt head or rod which fits in the recess and tap completely flat.

• Like 1