MTK armour AP helmet

Lonetrooper13

Have a read through the Getting Started Section, you'll find a thread on vetted sellers ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,

Looking to go TK , is this armour a good one? .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have MTK armor and I love it! He is the only vetted seller from EBay. Mike Appling from Trooperbay runs MTK armor. He’s based out in San Diego CA with the Imperial Sands Garrison. His armor is top notch and of high quality. Thicker armor than Anovos. I highly recommend him. There are a few troopers here who have MTK as well. You can follow him on IG or Facebook to see his work. I don’t understand why he is not part of the vetted seller list on FISD. You’re in good hands with MTK. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have not had much experience with MTK other than a few extra parts I ordered  - Mike is great to deal with.  I have AP armour/bucket and love it.  I do remember there being a slight colour difference in the plastics between MTK and AP.  I will see if I can dig out some samples tonight and double check - I'll try to take a decent picture and post here for you.

I will say that if you are getting AP armor then you should just get an AP helmet.  But MTK is a very nice choice.  I've had it for over 5 years now and it has held up extremely well other then some yellowing. 

And to answer the question about about why MTK isn't on the vetted seller list?  Well I can assure you it has nothing to do with customer service and the product Mike delivers.  MTK is involved in a convoluted story in regards to the old CAP armor and who had the permission to cast it and yada yada.  If it was nowadays?  He would be vetted because unfortunately it seems not many people care about recast armor anymore and it's a sad truth.

I know nobody asked for it, but... :) 

Large piece of AP plastic on the left with MTK on the right.  I tried to colour correct the picture.  But it is almost meaningless when being displayed on a computer monitor.  Anyway. the MTK plastic has a warm, red colour to it while the AP has a slightly cool, green colour.  Hard to see in the photo but it is there (my saturation may be a bit low).  Most people would never notice under normal lighting conditions, I suspect.

qCOaP5u.jpg

• Like 1