Staffa359 Requesting Pre Approval Review (AP)

Staffa359

1. Name - Frederick Marlow

2. Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area - Canadian Garrison

3.  Armor maker - Authentic Props

4.  Helmet maker - Authentic Props

5.  Cloth belt maker - Authentic Props

6.  Neck seal maker - Soulart

7.  Boot maker - Imperial Boots

8.  Height  5' 11"

9. Blaster maker - Quest Design Canada

10.  Weight 95kg

11.  TK type - ANH Stunt

12.  Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your  build. Alex Kung

EqfxzdH.jpg

SSovkNa.jpg

Yo8qNlO.jpg

sDzbUYU.jpg

EyASjhN.jpg?1

VWrHoWH.jpg

PlUM7AO.jpg

BCdfkZw.jpg

slfVMy4.jpg

NRwLIZw.jpg

kmlaKPj.jpg

Edited by Staffa359
Added new images soon!
  • Like 1

Sorry I didn't see this when it was first posted.

Just a couple of things straight up, your chest plate is not covering the ab plate, there should be no gap there, looks like your ab may be able to come a little more.

Also biceps should sit just under the shoulder bell, one is and the other is not (both are not on the rear photo) moving the biceps up with allow more room at the elbow, also bring the forearms up a little, you are touching your hand plates. 

EqfxzdH.jpg

Tops of boots sticking out under shins. At the back of the boots you also have black lines, shouldn't be there, may need to paint this white. Also the shoulder straps on the rear are sitting upwards, may need a bend down, one appears not to be reaching the back plate.

SSovkNa.jpg

You have a very large gap on the side, you may want to even this out or try tighter strapping. Drop boxes should align with the end of the plastic belt section, adding a little glue to the straps can keep them in place, you could reduce the length of the straps also, only need a few mm's

sDzbUYU.jpg

Stunt version have a higher brow trim than Hero's but should be ok for basic approval. You could also add some white to the mic tip ridges. There should be no grey on the gums around the frown, look like you may have a little paint there. 

BCdfkZw.jpgDaveMANH01.jpg

A few tweaks and you should be good to go.

Great work and good luck with approval

• Like 2

Hi Fred, and really nice overall build on this AP armor!  There are a few issues which may cause a snag for basic approval, but nothing insurmountable I assure you.  Actually, with a few tweaks here and there I can see you taking this to at least Expert Infantry level!  A lot of the items listed below (and some that Q listed) are simple strapping issues, which are much easier to work with than you think.  In addition to what Q has mentioned. here are my personal observations/suggestions:

1.  Your biceps are riding pretty low and could stand to come up around 3 (maybe 4) cm.  Just tightening up the strapping should do the trick and will prevent them from peeking out from under your shoulder bells.

KXiLZkn.jpg?1  rMtYuPz.jpg?1

2.  Since raising the biceps would increase the gap between those and the forearms, you should raise them as well.  Again, a simple strapping issue.  Note the blue lines below... everything should look pretty even and symmetrical.

3.  You can safely drop the thighs a bit as well, especially the left one as it is riding under the cod.  Just make sure the tops are even.

4.  Your left calf is riding very high, causing it to ride over your boot. ***  The right one is also doing the same thing in another shot so I am recommending that you lower them.  This will obviously create a wider gap between the bottoms of the thighs and the tops, but you should be fine for approval with that.  Also, there are black stripes on the backs, which will need to be painted/dyed white. Easy fix!

u0V7evJ.jpg?1  a6t6QT1.jpg?1  m2Hhc93.jpg?1

wlDxszR.jpg

***  Something that I have seen done that may help this issue is to create a stirrup in each boot.  This is done by gluing some elastic inside the bottom part of the calf (thick green line) and actually running it under your feet before putting on your boots.  This keeps them pulled down snug.

lSGATaz.jpg

Hope this helps, and always feel free to ask any questions or for more advice.  I have faith that you can jump on these suggestions and you will have that TK designation sooner than you think!

• Like 2

Ok, here is my latest try...

Of course now that I see the picture I find things that are wrong.....unfortuately my firends who help though they try hard keep missing stuff which I cant see when in the arrmor :(

kNmfLOc.jpg%5B

Edited by Staffa359

I'd say give it one more try, you notice yourself a few issues and they will get noticed for approval. Sniper plate under your thigh, biceps need to come up a little more, no room at elbows, ab/cod could still come up a bit to give you more room around the top of the thighs, shins appear at different heights but that could be the way you are standing. Belt boxes appear angled and not aligned with end of the plastic belt, you may need to reduce the length of the straps.

Always a bit hard when the person taking the photos doesn't know exactly how you should look. Even having a full length mirror handy can help ;) .