Krisko720’s TLJ FOTK Officer Build

Krisko720

I bought the TB/MTK Pauldron when it came out. I upgraded it to be larger using a plastic sign from a hardware store. I then covered in black leather. Very easy process.

d5806e65394c2684769f266da240fcf8.jpg

8cfd495f0b87b162fc11db6c58cdf91a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

KB's is a little small, most don't get the sizing quite right, doesn't have enough of the tear drop are angle inwards, but you take what you can get. 

• Like 1

KB's is a little small, most don't get the sizing quite right, doesn't have enough of the tear drop are angle inwards, but you take what you can get. 

Really? His is comparable in measurements to the Anovos Pauldron I owned. That would make it larger than MTK already.

He was also reshaping the mold after taking on some advice. Not sure where he is at currently.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 1:20 PM, Krisko720 said:

It really is super light.. I’m a little overly excited.    

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking bucket Chris,

I'm assume it's relatively quiet inside while wearing, no echoing like previous versions?

How are the lens, easy to see through?

• Like 1

Nice looking bucket Chris,

I'm assume it's relatively quiet inside while wearing, no echoing like previous versions?
How are the lens, easy to see through?

It’s pretty dampening in terms of sound. Definitely no echoing.. but it’s also a little difficult to hear. More so with two of the fans from your kit running and even more with all four. I will need to probably add more padding or support inside. The provided pads are barely enough to wear it as is. I know that’ll change once I add all the electronics. Even so, that’ll just add to the sound dampening.

Hence the reason I picked up the hearing assist kit (along with almost everything else you offer) for the bucket. Appreciate the quick response and super fast shipping.

Definitely hard to see out of. I’m guessing you get used to it, but it’s a little blurry where the lenses are curved in certain spots which distorts your field of vision a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

2 minutes ago, Krisko720 said:

Found some armor on sale at the Halloween store.. might take some modifications to make it fit though.
f2053343a8c65c4159363392d2868b67.jpg

Rubber Stamp: APPROVED:laugh1:  

• Like 1

So after searching around and doing some more research.. even considered some partially built armor kits.. I decided to hit up KB Props about getting in on his next run.

I wasn’t sure if KB was the way to go considering how large some of his pieces were but I think he’s made some changes to the forms to call for less modifications out of the box.

However, surprisingly enough, he’s allowing me to jump in on the current run which delivers a week before Christmas! I assume he has more ABS material than he needs, so I’m grateful to have been allowed in on a closed run.

In any event, I’ve got a BBB coming!

• Like 1

Great news, I know KB has been doing updates and although I've not seen any face to face what I've seen online is looking promising. Looks like your going to have a big box under your Christmas tree this year :laugh1:

• Like 1

Excellent news Chris! Glad you got to the decision you wanted

You will certainly benefit from the tightening Kevin has made to his kit.

• Like 1

Excellent news Chris! Glad you got to the decision you wanted

You will certainly benefit from the tightening Kevin has made to his kit.

Yeah that one partially complete kit I was looking at was an older KB.. looked a bit silly once assembled. The butt plate and the chest/back looked huge. Seems they’ve adjusted the proportions quite a bit.

So yeah, looks like I’ll actually have an armor build thread instead of just a blaster build thread lol

The rest of my helmet electronics from Ukswrath come in tomorrow. I got pretty much everything he sells for the FOTK bucket. I already installed the 4 fan kit and found a couple of usb battery packs with led meters (a feature I like so you can tell at a glance how much juice is left). I’ll post more once I get all these gadgets crammed into the bucket..

54cf82ad45ba0ac3d695d25fb9f53034.jpg

So after searching around and doing some more research.. even considered some partially built armor kits.. I decided to hit up KB Props about getting in on his next run.

I wasn’t sure if KB was the way to go considering how large some of his pieces were but I think he’s made some changes to the forms to call for less modifications out of the box.

However, surprisingly enough, he’s allowing me to jump in on the current run which delivers a week before Christmas! I assume he has more ABS material than he needs, so I’m grateful to have been allowed in on a closed run.

In any event, I’ve got a BBB coming!

Great to hear Chris, some very exciting times ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So, KB Props just posted this.. looks like things are well under way!

ff19a3af5dcd14da682416df60152bca.jpg&key=b3d1ab145838b90959a8a270692846a706220ee7e8a1239e3b0661c4e20d9f40

He’s got fair few orders to honour - old and new - so he’ll be smashing them out. Great to see!

Got the FOTK audio system installed. Put in the speakers, mic, and amp. I stripped back the liner and installed per directions, although I added some dabs of hot glue to secure things. I really want to strip the liner out and add some heavier padding for sound, although not really needed that badly. Uswrath’s has a really awesome system and it goes along great with the MiCom sound rig I picked up. The push button pre-recorded lines coming directly from the helmet are super cool. And I really like having the ability to talk using my own voice if needed.

I also played around with the hearing assist setup.. man what a difference! You can hear everything around you and it’s stereo so it’s very easy to tell where things are coming from.

With the 4 fans running it’s a bit hard to hear without anything installed. But with this system you can pick up the smallest sounds and the external speakers don’t seem much louder than what you hear without the headphones in. I would like to find some sort of noise cancelling headphones that’ll fit in the bucket. Then maybe I won’t have to pad the bucket any more than it is.

66e688597a588fcb428be672cda7cd9a.jpgefbc2868119953106003392ff3e7df6f.jpgcc66e582f5ab0f4dcaa32f3caff4b0e3.jpg32097479d74247c860c0daa0e9ced8c9.jpg

Nice work. I do advise once you have everything placed where you want it and held with hot glue to just add a little E6000, I find it holds better and is not affected by any vibration, hot glue can come unstuck very easily 

Nice work. I do advise once you have everything placed where you want it and held with hot glue to just add a little E6000, I find it holds better and is not affected by any vibration, hot glue can come unstuck very easily 

Good advice! I’ll pick some up.

• Like 1

Well I’m down to only waiting on a few things to come in now.. got my undersuit today.

-KB Armor (December)

-Gio’s Boots

-Blaster Rifle & Pistol Kits (January)

-Harness and Gaskets

-R2Dan Metal Holster (December)

Still waiting for Geeky to reply about opening another run and not sure how long Gio takes to make and ship his boots. Was also able to slide into Dan’s current holster run. One of the guys had to drop from the list.

Btw, I tried on the undersuit. I assumed it would be a little snug. I just gotta make sure I watch my eating over the holidays!

Wearing the suit by itself kinda makes me feel like this:

bed33fd0480c5da995cd2369f3272912.jpg&key=aebf266f34473bd08cfa2cf045af5c0e1230a6944ef9c34466553b44a6be69cc

Your belt kit will arrive soon too

The undersuit is a pain from a sizing perspective. You will also find the shiny covering will perish over a good few trips. Prepare to ditch it and use a normal compression suit with a pair of Teresa’s shiny shorts.

Looking great so far Chris :peace: 

Regarding the audio system, I didn't see the speaker risers installed in any of your photos, these are there to prevent the speaker diaphragm from contacting the helmet or speaker material which may cause a lack of output. If you find the speaker performance isn't up to par install the risers between the speakers and speaker cloth. If you have any questions give me a shout :salute:.

Looking forward to your build. 

Looking great so far Chris :peace: 

Regarding the audio system, I didn't see the speaker risers installed in any of your photos, these are there to prevent the speaker diaphragm from contacting the helmet or speaker material which may cause a lack of output. If you find the speaker performance isn't up to par install the risers between the speakers and speaker cloth. If you have any questions give me a shout :salute:.

Looking forward to your build. 

Yeah I was confused by the instructions and put the risers down first and then the cloth with the speakers on top. Doesn’t look bad at all but I wish I would’ve done the cloth first. I may redo it later.