The FISD has lost a former DL, RIP Thomas Gardner(RogueTrooper)

captsafe66

Attention All Troopers, 

I have just become aware that on July 31st, we lost Thomas Gardner, TK-5940 (RogueTrooper).  Thomas was the DL that first asked me to be on the Staff, first as Imperial Sentry then as Provost Marshal.  A lot of you may not know him, he wasn't active here for a while, but he was one of my first non Garrison 501st friends.  So he was one of the first to show me how the 501st can bring people together to support one another and promote good will to everyone, a quality that seems to be harder to find at times.  Troopers helping Troopers, always a good thing he promoted.

He left the staff of the FISD to Command the Carolina Garrison, there he dedicated most of his time.  I have missed his presence here and now I'll miss his friendship in life.

Rest in Peace my Friend...

Buckets off Troopers.

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

He also made the one and only FISD tri-fold brochure entirely on his own time and dime so they'd be ready for Celebration (I still have a few).  He worked on Albin's TE2 armor (I think he did most of it) and built a fantastic E-11 conversion.  He was a maker and someone who put a lot of time in energy in helping others.  You can search for his post history and this will be born out.

It's tragic that he did not have access to the care that would have helped him overcome his demons.  Truly sad to know, but hopefully his memory will live on as a huge supporter of our detachment and community.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I moved from the then Alaska Outpost to the Carolina Garrison Tom was a true friend to me and made me feel welcome. I always looked forward to the DragonCon Parade where he often brought his TK being killed by a robotic ewok armor which is to this day one of the greatest things I've ever seen. He is missed and I hope he finds the peace that evaded him in the last few years of his life.

Buckets off.