Wireless setup for Ukswrath TK helmet system

Hello all,

I have ukswraths helmet speaker system for my TK and apparently I have a large head. I am not really able to comfortably fit everything in the helmet and still be able to fit my head as well. I had the idea to run a Bluetooth microphone connected to the system, then run a dedicated Bluetooth transmitter/receiver pair from the system to the mic tips. This would allow me to put the system board itself behind my chest plate and still have the benefit of no wires running down from the helmet. 

Sounds great in theory, but when I add the second Bluetooth pair from the speaker output to the mic tips, I lose almost all volume from the system. I have both the mic and the board maxed out on volume and it can barely be heard 4 ft away in a relatively quiet room. I've tried different orientations and helmet on/off to see if there’s an interference issue but it’s the same no matter what I do. 

I am passable with electronics but am definitely an amateur. I was under the impression that the two Bluetooth connections shouldn’t interfere with each other, but I’m at a loss as to what would be reducing the volume this way. 

Has anyone tried anything similar or have any suggestions on things I could try to fix this?

thanks!

• 1 year later...