Krisko720

New from Colorado

Hey guys! Finally found my way over to this site. I’m new to Colorado from Texas. Just registered with the Mountain Garrison.

Long time Star Wars fan. Just recently took a trip to Galaxy’s Edge in Florida and I got the bug. I obviously did the lightsaber build (super fun experience) and we spent the entire day in that part of the park. 

Since being there, I knew I wanted Star Wars to play a bigger part in my life, so here I am. Since they wouldn’t let me live in Galaxy’s Edge, I figured building a costume and participating in the collective was the next best thing. 

Looking to build a Centurion Level TLJ FOTK. I have an ANOVOS lined Standard Helmet being shipped to me next week via a seller on eBay. I did however jump the gun (before reading all the posts) and ordered armor directly from ANOVOS. I have since read the posts and I’m wondering if I made a mistake. I’m hoping their situation drives their orders out faster and I won’t get stuck because aren’t they the only provider of the FOTKs? 

Anyway, love the forum, happy to be here and look forward to meeting some of you and seeing your builds.

Thanks!  

-Chris 

Edited by Krisko720

Welcome Chris! Great to see another FOTK in the making. The First Order needs more troops.

Here’s hoping Anovos get their act together and that a kit makes its way to you sometime soon.

Be sure to shout out if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello and welcome aboard, hope you receive your armor soon and look forward to seeing the build progress, good luck

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Chris.

When did you made your order with Anovos for your FOTK suit?

Hello Chris and welcome to the FISD!  If you would like to take a look at the getting started section you will find that there are a couple of other FOTK vendors.  You may want to look into those options and consider them.  Everything you are reading about Anovos is true.  All of it...  If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

Welcome Chris, looking forward to your build.

Welcome to FISD Chris, you have been given some good advice and that’s what we are here for.
Do have a look at some of the vendor choices as mentioned, wait times will vary for turn around and delivery but rest assured they will all be faster than Anovos to get you armour.
You also have quite the list of soft parts and accessories to obtain, so you can get working on those while you wait for your Big Brown Box to arrive.
Best of luck on your new adventure, we are here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, giskard8 said:

Welcome to FISD Chris.

When did you made your order with Anovos for your FOTK suit?

Like two weeks ago. This was before I got into the forums and starting doing research. Which is the, now obvious, Rule #1. I wasn’t aware of the poo-storm surrounding the whole ordeal. I guess I put too much faith in companies sometimes. I give you money, you give me stuff. Seems simple, right?

My helmet will be here next Friday. I’m still contemplating what to do. I’m thinking of starting a few mods to the helmet and get my soft goods, blaster and whatnot together while I wait. 

One of the guys on the Mountain Garrison suggested I get approval as an officer or something else for now so I can participate while I’m getting things in order. 

However, I could just get another set of armor and sell the Anovos once I get it. 

Any suggestions? 

However, I could just get another set of armor and sell the Anovos once I get it. 

Any suggestions? 

Sadly, as you purchased after 11 April you are bound by Anovos’ ludicrous final sale rule.

As they are shipping kits in purchase order it stands to reason that you were last in, so last yo receive. Having said that, there is no logic to Anovos so you could get your kit sooner.

If you’re keen to complete a kit soon another vendor would make sense. There are a few good ones to choose from.

I’m sure once your kit arrives you would find a buyer quite easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Hi Chris and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

Others have provided some good advice on Anovos. Your wait time could be months or years. See if you can locate an Anovos kit that someone is looking to sell.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper: