Sniper knee support

Hi! Here Dex Sunrider. I'm making the sniper knee support to make it expert, but I don't know if it's well positioned. I'd be glad if you could help me with this. The armor is the SDS stormtrooper. Thank you. 

Edited by Dex Sunrider

Hi David, as per the CRL states for leve 2 :

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

You must remove and  level up your Sniper Knee to get it aligned

Hope this can help

Hola David, según el CRL para L2  el Sniper Knee debe estar alineado con los bordes de al pantorrilla, en tu caso debes subir el Sniper para alinearlo.

Saludos

xaP2X3BH7pXwGHsdvanN1O7XCDM-aTAVhTwlU0q6

jK6GSO1ZjwyC0ebbMvRZJTA-Rsaq38_sbAxFQEwd

6 hours ago, Dex Sunrider said:

Better??? 

You nee to level it up to be in line with the ridges.

Aun un poco mas, debe quedar alienado con la parte superior.

Cheers

40hRf_2n79tbAmJpdkaXiJYrv1dRfmwqgXq509mf

Edited by TKSpartan
add photo

It looks good to me , but consider that the D.O.  Team , that is takes the final desicion would ask for minor changes or not.

you can check some EIB  SDS approvals to compare with yours. Here's the link

Para mi  en general esta Ok, pero el Equipo de revision podria, eventualmente, solicitar o No algun ajuste o correccion . Podrías echar una chequead en algun SDS aprobado en IEB. adjunto el link.

Thanks for the shout outs Mario :)

David (yay! Another Dave in an SDS...)

Lining up the knee is a bit of a pain, but doable in the SDS.

My link function to my Hero build is not working while on my work computer. Just go under my ANH Hero build, TK 98695.

I lined up the center of the knee so it was perfectly level, so not angled low left to right. I clamped it temporarily without gluing.

I then made sure the top left and right of the knee plate ran along the top edge of the calf armour as per the pics above. It won't be perfect, but you should be able to get close. I made a very light pencil mark on the front of the calf where the bottom edge of the knee would be.

I then applied E6000 glue only to the MIDDLE portion of the knee, and clamped it in place and left it for 2 to 3 days to make sure the glue was set.

After the front was glued, I glued the left and right "wings" of the knee plate down, and left it for 2 or 3 days.

Hope this helps, and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dex Sunrider said:

Where can I ask  the D. O Team this? 

Take some pics showing the left/right side and the front amd make sure they are taken straight and not at an angle and also not so close up as the ones you already posted and I can have a look, from what I can see it looks like there are some glue to clean up:salute:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dex Sunrider said:

The chat only let me post 0.12mb photos and I don't know why... I can't post the whole change 

You need to upload your images at a hoster like imgur and then paste the direct link to your picture here.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dex Sunrider said:

The chat only let me post 0.12mb photos and I don't know why... I can't post the whole change 

For upload your photos here are two links  for Google Photos and Imgur. (even though there are so many apps you can use)

It's better, but they still may pick you up on the angle of the knee from the front view. Maybe someone else can chime in?

You may need to tilt up the left side of the snipe plate (as you are wearing the armor)

HDOOuI3.png

Once you do that, you may have to trim the upper 1/4" edge of the sniper knee on the left hand side:

1LN6nxG.png

The left and right top edges of the knee may not match, but at least from looking straight on or either side it would look good.

Your knee has a vastly different top side profile than mine. I have  a much higher top edge to my knee. Not sure why? Did you trim yours?

I do like the thinner profile of yours rather than my "ski jump" looking knee, but I didn't want to trim mine as it is the only way it would work with the calf armor.

Mine:

dGkdyP0.jpg?1

Keep going. You're doing great!

9 minutes ago, Dex Sunrider said:

I've cut the top of the knee return as it's said in the PDF, that's why it doesn't match at all. I'll try ti fix it but I'm afraid it won't change a lot...

You may try by trimming all the return edge of the lower section, this will allow you to level the alignment. below is another SDS Approved EIB, you can compare

Algo que suelen recomendar en muchas casos es quitar el return edge de la parte dabajo del sniper Knee para poder alinear mejor . Abajo hay otro EIB aprobado con SDS

• Like 1

At this moment I consider It is ok, You can apply first for EIB and wait  for the D.O. team, but need to clean better the right side.

A mi criterio esta bien así, si no quieres correr riesgos , espera a presentar la solicitud de EIB  y ver si te hacen otra correccion.

Por lo pronto debes limpiar más los restos de goma del lado derecho 

As I see in the other EIB approved armor, the knee is not aligned with the top and it's a bit curved in the frontal angle, not like mine, but a little bit. I'm trying to make the changes, but I think it doesn't pass the CRL. I will put the knee like the last attempt. 

VuFuIBc.jpg

rCCYdYd.jpg

qrgFzyM.jpg

T2kVwee.jpg

Mk3TmUE.jpg

D2eG03R.jpg

• Like 1

It's Ok. looks better . Just clean a bit the right side.

Esta bien así, lija un poquito el lado derecho para quitar las marcas de goma. 

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction