Cracks in an Anovos fiberglass helmet

DanielEisenhauer

Hello all. I've been trooping in the Anovos TFA kit for the last couple of years and have gradually developed what appear to be stress cracks in several places on the helmet (both temples and the underside of the chin). At the moment they don't seem to compromise its structural integrity, but they look terrible and I don't know how to fix them--this is the fiberglass helmet, so it came as a single preassembled unit; it has padded cloth lining attached all over the inside, so I don't think I can take it apart without doing a lot of damage to it. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you know what I can do about it?

Photos for reference:
Right temple

dzE1N5b.jpg
Left temple

bVtw3wW.jpg

Chin

1i20uI7.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

First time I have ever seen this kinda wear on the Anovos Premier.

Honestly, I see sanding, filling and painting in your future.

Either that or can it and pick up a cheaper standard version off eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have seen an Anovos premier line helmet with some cracks, it was a while ago and I cant recall the overall severity, but I'll PM the member and see If he still has the photos to post up.

He did end up repairing it and getting an Automotive spray job which I believe was rather expensive, but yes you have options.

6 hours ago, DanielEisenhauer said:

Hello all. I've been trooping in the Anovos TFA kit for the last couple of years and have gradually developed what appear to be stress cracks in several places on the helmet (both temples and the underside of the chin). At the moment they don't seem to compromise its structural integrity, but they look terrible and I don't know how to fix them--this is the fiberglass helmet, so it came as a single preassembled unit; it has padded cloth lining attached all over the inside, so I don't think I can take it apart without doing a lot of damage to it. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you know what I can do about it?

Photos for reference:
Right temple
Left temple

Chin

If you're just now seeing cracks you're doing good. Most of the fiberglass helmets were delivered cracked. Not until Anovos learned how to ship items more securely did they arrive undamaged. I was one of the lucky few with an undamaged helmet also. 

That said, due to a mannequin falling over I now have a couple cracks. Simply put, traditional fiberglass repair will fix the cracks however, it involves some elbow work and a helmet repaint. I personally said scratch that and placed mine on the mantel and now use their ABS version.

Good luck whichever way route you decide to go.

Edited by ukswrath

Hmm. Thanks, everyone. I've had an 850ArmorWorks helmet theoretically on the way for a while, so I'll plan to leave this be for the moment and see how the new bucket turns out. If I can get that one looking good I'll probably retire the Anovos instead of trying to repaint it.

Will be interesting to see what you make of the 850 bucket. At least it’s an option for now.

If you fancy going TLJ you can get a good deals for a TLJ Anovos Standard Line for US$329.00 on eBay at the moment.

All the best moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1