TK-14627 Requesting ANH Stunt TK EIB Status

Jamie Kingston

UKG / 501st - TK14627 (Cleared) - ANH Stunt TK

Casperiser

UKG Armourer - CableGuy (Daniel Branton)

RWA Armour (2mm ABS Capped), helmet, belt, neck seal

RS Propmaster supplied boots, blaster

5' 10" height

12 stone weight

Requesting 501st access

www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=30233

thank you

Guys - here are some pics of my Stunt ANH TK which has just been cleared with the UKG. I'd really like to explore what i now need to do to get me to EIB next, thank you

rFJxjzA.jpg

wtvYdUx.jpg

lLDePy6.jpg

tXCH4Tq.jpg

hwyVpP6.jpg

8r5LXGC.jpg

zpUd8uH.jpg

sPOEgcC.jpg

sS7HGni.jpg

nglhALT.jpg

u6XUGHA.jpg

HQnUiny.jpg

HDbsxKt.jpg

ABg5QI1.jpg

DMJLi9F.jpg

67dUAHV.jpg

QITaf70.jpg

dt1ymib.jpg

Ektx3i6.jpg

bI1dhTh.jpg

RGTo1v5.jpg

BhChveJ.jpg

GdPncAH.jpg

9K9miDm.jpg

yabrBNB.jpg

U0iTwDD.jpg

6YPZMd8.jpg

u3WDGAT.jpg

dgnMgdh.jpg

APlGAUr.jpg

ftzTHUv.jpg

0CeJdSR.jpg

lcUREbm.jpg

Z10TGwv.jpg

EZP9bpx.jpg

5XRtASb.jpg

g5xJUsv.jpg

GLQNJMR.jpg

56lX6DB.jpg

pwK4TsP.jpg

3kNDceE.jpg

2xDRaRX.jpg

F5bN5N7.jpg

w2wyata.jpg

4BhlUhC.jpg

3oheV73.jpg

tg3wRFH.jpg

EDXvx30.jpg

INwqyHg.jpg

alEYq0I.jpg

Pk6xYk8.jpg

mN58lgu.jpg

jnVdDC4.jpg

RQ2wEeu.jpg

EyawWuh.jpg

ecL6BLg.jpg

Edited 6 hours ago by Casperiser

•  
Edited by Casperiser
  • Like 1

Nice work, you also need to apply for stormtrooper access here before your application can proceed 

Just a couple of tweaks you could make:

You could reduce the size of your smaller ab plate 

5oBUtaH.jpg?2

TD clips should not be curved on the ends

GdPncAH.jpggallery 12157 59 19594

Trap is on a bit of an angle

zpUd8uH.jpgANHstunt_2005.jpg

Could also add a little white to the rim of the hovi tips

sS7HGni.jpgDaveMANH01.jpg

DO's also like to see the inside connection of the knee ammo strip.

And the shin/sniper plate images should be directly from the sides and front, the ones you have are a little angled.

Once again great work and good luck with your application.

Nice work overall, the guys have mentioned a few little tweaks and I agree, everything else looks good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work overall, the guys have mentioned a few little tweaks and I agree, everything else looks good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, thanks so far.

I've now applied for 501st access so that should be underway.

I've not fiddled with the smaller ab plate if i don't need to, i'm worried about removing it and damaging either it, or the surrounding ABS - is that mod essential foe EIB or Centurian?

I've straightened up the TD clips, pics attached:

pfgb0sf.jpg

PJs4GUG.jpg

a5YvdT1.jpg

ORFT1F4.jpg

I've evened out the trap and tipped the hove miss, pics below:

vLkAOlN.jpg

7OUdOfE.jpg

DFOc9Z6.jpg

Here attached are some more pics of the ammo knee and the sniper knee:

59nM80k.jpg

5AM1eqW.jpg

s0SFi5I.jpg

sutjeSa.jpg

KZ8qkHR.jpg

QwZgO0K.jpg

LDbuK0e.jpg

2i4R0Jv.jpg

OxpRw3h.jpg

is6RCxL.jpg

FfFdeM4.jpg

X5R31Nd.jpg

Edited by Casperiser

I can't say enough great things about how well you built this armor, Jamie.  WOW!  Lots of detail work, and the paint on that bucket is brilliant!  One thing that kind of stands out though is the sniper knee, which, as per the CRL for EI "...must be aligned with the ridges on the shin".

This can be one of the trickiest parts for most people, but you did a fantastic job trimming the bottom.  Many people don't remove enough of the return edge there to get it to lie flat against the calf, but you nailed it!

HTuv6iV.jpg

But, as I mentioned the alignment is off, which is showing a lot of the top of the calf in front.  I would highly suggest removing and re-positioning it.  This may seem like a pain, (and it is... kind of) but not doing it will more than likely hold up your EI approval, and we don't want that!

As an example (and to compare apples to apples) below (right) is a photo of another trooper's RWA sniper knee.  Note how the plate is positioned at a much sharper angle, and how the front is in a straighter line.  There is a small gap between the bottom the front of the plate on this trooper's sniper plate, but it allows the ridges to line up correctly.

2bvxX3Q.jpg            noqDDK6.jpg?1

Here are some screen caps that will give you a better idea of what we will be looking for:

AVTI5bX.jpg?2  20KTcYQ.jpg?2  zGrYgPS.jpg?2

As for Glen's suggestion to reduce the size of the ab button plate, that would be a MUCH easier fix than you think  (I had to do the same thing on my first submission).  Hopefully you used E-6000 to glue both it and the sniper knee, which will make the task much easier.  Just use a razor knife and carefully slide it under the plate(s) and cut the glue away a bit at a time until it pops off.

Should take less than 10-15 minutes to remove both.  If you find the glue is too gummy, just pop the piece(s) in the freezer for half an hour.

If you decide to do this, when trimming the ab button plate down note that the corners should have no curves.

HEIhckP.jpg?1

After all the hard graft you put into this armor, I genuinely hope you will take the time to work on these suggestions, brother.  You have an outstanding build, and I have every confidence that we will be seeing an EI badge under your name very soon... then on to Centurion!  You can do it, and if you need any pointers or help just ask. 

On 10/21/2019 at 11:19 AM, Casperiser said:

Jamie Kingston

UKG / 501st - TK14627 (Cleared) - ANH Stunt TK

UKG Armourer - CableGuy (Daniel Branton)

RWA Armour, helmet, belt, neck seal

RS Propmaster supplied boots, blaster

5' 10" height

12 stone weight

Hi Joseph, hows this for the ab plate?

knq1Mk6.jpg

Beautiful work, brother.  Looking forward to seeing the updated photos so we can move you along!  When you suit up for the new pics, please include the required "action shot".  We will also need the required cod/posterior plate connections and Hovi-tip detail.  Also, please add a close-up view of the areas shown below and your wrist openings.  Almost there!!

eNoxbg8.jpg?1   beWqEbS.jpg?1

On 10/25/2019 at 7:51 AM, Casperiser said:

will do, thank you. i'll fully kit up again next week once i have glued my sniper knee.

Awesome!  I see that you have already jumped all over the above suggestions (GREAT job on those, by the way)!!  While you have your armor out taking photos, here is a an updated list of ones to add:

1.  A shot of your lenses (back lit) to show that they are indeed green.  

2.  Helmet S-trim (showing a side view of the shape).

4.  A shot of your ab plate showing the "Han snap" placement.

oo3xkQu.jpg?1   wEIeA9r.jpg?1

4.  Cod/Posterior connections.  (Inside and out)

TsWQjqb.jpg?1

5.  Right side shot (armor on).

beWqEbS.jpg?1

6.  Right side shot (close-up of the ab/kidney connection only, no belt) so that we can better see the rivet alignment.

eNoxbg8.jpg?1

7.  Action shot.

question guys,

i have 2 threads currently active, this one in "EIB Requirements" where i'm having people post helpful feedback on my armour in terms of mods required and also additional pics required (thanks guys so far) and one in "request EIB status" where i have posted my pics but nothing has happened, so.....

Q - when i finally have all of my pictures ready, i'm assuming i post them all to my "requesting EIB status" thread and just wait until someone takes a look and either authorises EIB status, or suggests further mods, would that be correct or is there another process i should be following?

or .... like the UKG does this current thread form my WIP then it gets reviewed along with my status request? not sure how all this works, sorry. Could someone let me know how this works please guys?

Thank you.

50 minutes ago, Casperiser said:

Q - when i finally have all of my pictures ready, i'm assuming i post them all to my "requesting EIB status" thread 

Correct, Jamie.  I am the one who will be doing your EI review and am currently working on it... I was just waiting for all the photos to be attached.  I really appreciate you getting on that, and as soon as you have your "action shot", the "Han snap" and side views I requested I will be able to finish it up pretty quickly.  Thanks!!!  

ok thank you Joseph,

sorry to be a pain but wanted to understand how this works. i'm hoping to try for Centurian once i get through EIB, fingers crossed.

Sorry for the slight delay, based on the feedback i had i'm currently re-attaching my sniper knee which will take a few days to cure properly so toward the end of this coming week i'll re-kit up and take some new pictures.

i'll post them on my request EIB status thread on the EIB status request forum and drop you a note once i've done that.

thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

• Like 1

Never consider yourself a pain, Jamie... this process can get a bit confusing at times but we will get ya' sorted, I promise!  As soon as you get those photos ready and posted please PM me to let me know.  Thanks!!