TK-47774 Requesting ESB EIB Status (RS) (945)

TKcsh

Hi Christopher, and thanks for your application for EI!  

SUPER nice job on that ESB build, sir, but there are just a couple of quick things before we can proceed.

1.  Can you post a close-up photo showing the bottom part of the frown? (Looking downward, so that we may see the lower parts of the teeth).

wfv744I.jpg

2.  Although your overall fitment is pretty much good to go, as per the CRL for level 2, "Any gap between the abdomen plate and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" wide".

Since holster belt loops are (on average) about 7/8" to one inch wide, comparing that width to the gap on your right side shows that the opening is unfortunately a bit wider than is required for approval.  The left side is 100% acceptable for EI as it is, but know in advance that we are hoping you will consider taking this awesome build to Centurion after level 2 approval and for that there can be no gaps.

To remedy this you can tighten up the strapping between the ab and kidney (suggested) or consider shimming (a lot more work, but may be more comfortable in the long run).

It is also suggested that you line up the tops of the plates at the join more evenly, which can be achieved by raising the ab plate a bit.  They don't have to be perfect, but could definitely use some attention.

yJBtXMY.jpg?1   XSMuF1L.jpg

ESB reference images

wim9vhx.jpg?2   Qe9AUwG.jpg?3  3UAGSIy.jpg?1

Now it's up to you, brother.  I have complete faith that you can reduce (or eliminate) the gap(s), re-submit the updated pics for us, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results so we can get you approved! :jc_doublethumbup:

Your bucket has different rank on both sideS.... my suggestion is just paint ONE...

where’s ur link to ur build thread...
where are the rest of ur pictures ???
U are missing quite ALOT of them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input and encouragement. Requested additional photo of the frown is attached. I’ve got a photo of the right side with < 1/4” gap, but the plates aren’t aligned to my satisfaction. At least I know that I can get the gap down. I’ll redo/submit that photo this weekend. Thanks again!

gXHHD1k.jpg

Nice work, brow trim is a little on the low side, more seen on Hero versions.

Drop boxes aren't aligned with ends of the plastic belt section, some E6000 added to the straps can keep them in place

kDZwjmu.jpg

You will need some extra photos as mentioned.

Shin/sniper plate front and both sides

Thigh ammo strip attachment outsides and insides

Other side of the Detonator

Good luck with your application 

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Drop boxes aren't aligned with ends of the plastic belt section, some E6000 added to the straps can keep them in place

You will need some extra photos as mentioned.

Shin/sniper plate front and both sides

Thigh ammo strip attachment outsides and insides

Other side of the Detonator

Good call on this, Glen.. thanks!  The drop boxes are an L3 requirement, Christopher, but following Glen's advice it's an easy fix will get you ready for when that time comes! :duim:

1arHlXZ.jpgUpdated pics showing seams between abdomen and kidney plates. Just needed to tighten things up a bit. Glued the drop boxes in place too. 

rt4PGdC.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:30 AM, TK 71627 said:

Your bucket has different rank on both sideS.... my suggestion is just paint ONE...

Some did actually have different amounts of ear rank stripes on each side ;) 

molloesb9.jpgmollostormESB1.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:33 AM, TKcsh said:

Good advice on the drop boxes. I’ll correct that this weekend as well. Thanks again for all the support and encouragement!

The drop box pics are not a requirement for this level so you can hold off on getting suited up for now, but can you post a quick pic of the underside of your hand guards and a close-up of your gloves?  That's all I need to finish up your approval.  Thanks!

Hi Christopher, and thank you for your Expert Infantry application!  In the following review I will be going over a few items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply (:duim:).  Always great to see a well built set of RS armor, sir, and this is one you should be proud of!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First, thanks for all the additional photos... so without further ado, let's get going!

As has been mentioned, you have 2 ear bumps on one side and 3 on the other.  Of course there were disparities on at least one bucket in the film, but I believe most had 3 on each side as seen below.  I know RS has that wonky short left ear bar (part of it's charm) but we are asking that you add one more stripe there to even them out.  Simplest fix ever!

Wtf23NU.jpg?1   yhIT9VE.jpg?2

Reference images

jcs23dP.jpg?2    uUyybwN.jpg?1    5VODQrd.jpg?1    VvBHFR4.jpg?1

You did a FANTASTIC job eliminating the ab/kidney gaps by tightening them up, but it has made your posterior plate jut out quite a bit and it is no longer aligned with the kidney.  Tightening up the strapping at that connection may help.  Not a deal breaker for L3, but we'd really like to see it closer.

E8k5BnM.jpg  4tFyvCC.jpg

Reference images

IonkEJQ.jpg?1   etyhIdj.jpg?1   zNJ2nWD.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Your brow extends a little too far past the back of the traps on both sides and needs to be trimmed back a bit.  This is another incredibly easy fix... 2 minutes of careful trimming with an Exacto knife and you will be good to go, brother!

XQSJl3k.jpg    HRFWd3I.jpg?1

Reference images

EXjCOlo.jpg?1   tJyHhPc.jpg?1  SB5Mnxs.jpg?2

There is an issue with the gaps between your shoulder bells and chest/back plates.  Even though some of the Troopers in ESB had some pretty uneven/wide ones, we are asking that yours be brought in at the back and evened out in the front for a much better overall appearance.  

9JJhrxz.jpg?2   xGYDvwd.jpg

Even though you trimmed off the return edges on the bottoms of the bells (DANG I'm proud of you for doing that) which normally allows them to sit closer to the biceps, yours seem to be pinched in at the bottoms (see red line below as an example) which is not allowing that (yellow areas above right).  In the first pic below it appears that they are so tight that it is digging in below your undersuit.

Not to worry, though!  There is a fairly easy fix for this.. a hot water bath.  I won't go into the entire process here, but if you PM me I will explain how to to do it step by step.  It should take all of 10 minutes (or less) to get the problem solved.

UBpQVi9.jpg                               fxmyb4W.jpg

Reference images

DwM0XAq.jpg?1    OIXB8qS.jpg?1

Even though it is VERY close, we are asking that you raise your ABS belt a bit.  As per the CRL, it needs to "... sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels".  Even raising it 1 cm would make a big difference.

nvdFkgv.jpg?1   S3RJU82.jpg?2

Reference images

tmFBh3t.jpg?1   a44MnHJ.jpg?1

Lastly, for level 3 the sides of the drop boxes will need to align with the outside edges of the ABS belt.  A dab of E-6000 on the inside of the straps should do the trick.  EASY fix!

a4BqELa.jpg?1   bqPe122.jpg?1

Reference images

UcomfS7.jpg?1   TN2tjZR.jpg?1

That's it, brother.  Again, welcome to the ranks of EI, and I look forward to seeing your Centurion application soon!!  :salute:

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-47774 Requesting ESB EIB Status (RS Propmasters) (945)

Thanks! I’m very excited to have the EIB and am looking forward to making the upgrades to apply for Centurion. Thanks to all for the help and support!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TKcsh said:

.... and am looking forward to making the upgrades to apply for Centurion. Thanks to all for the help and support!

Great to hear, and that's what we are here for!  One afternoon should be all you will need to get things ship-shape, Christopher.  As I mentioned, if you need any assistance with the hot-water bath process, just PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-47774 Requesting ESB EIB Status (RS) (945)