On 12/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Thighs hopefully done with covering strips

Left: It's not a problem, I hope, that the strip will be a bit to the right? :/

5f4WMor.jpg

Right:

64uYO3z.jpg

Both glueing:

EU1mNuM.jpg

Can you trim a bit at the back return edge so you can bend your leg a little better?

Hopefully I have done all this correctly and wont need to redo.

I know it's a bit different with the shins backside, so you can fasten with velcro etc. How should I do that?

By the way, my deadline for completing this armor is the 18th, in time for Ep9 :lightemperor:, I had forgot to mention that earlier.

If I can't do it by then, oh well... -_-

What size magnets are you using? They look small. Just wondering as I'm about to start my build.

19 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Ok so I won't be posting any updates through the weekend as I am going to a convention in Stockholm. The nordic garrison should be there so maybe I can ask some questions!:)

You may want to see if Daniel @TheSwede will be attending.  He is a wealth of knowledge, and would be happy to answer any questions for you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Von Goodleef said:

Awesome. Thank you much:dancing-trooper:

The small ones are good, but the larger sizes have more power to give stronger clamping power.  These are the the ones I use:  Magnets  or here:  Magnets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

You may want to see if Daniel @TheSwede will be attending.  He is a wealth of knowledge, and would be happy to answer any questions for you.

Thanks for that boost Joseph -_- and I sure will so just hit us up with questions :duim: I will be there on saturday afternoon/evening (Testing out my Boba Fett:dancing-trooper:) and the full day on sunday as a Sandtrooper and as it happens we are going to build a Sandtrooper in our booth for all visitors to see and it’s a lovely set of TM armor, looking forward seeing you there:salute:

• Like 1

@TheSwede Sorry, but I couldn't stay very long at the con, I had family with me and they wanted to leave after 2 hours. Oh, well... And we're leaving Stockholm tomorrow. :( Some other time maybe.

Well I got some pictures atleast at the booth: http://imgur.com/a/ezND4X0  (actually the first picture here with my face) and some other photos I took: http://imgur.com/a/jjWCcvZ

3 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

@TheSwede Sorry, but I couldn't stay very long at the con, I had family with me and they wanted to leave after 2 hours. Oh, well... And we're leaving Stockholm tomorrow. :( Some other time maybe.

Well I got some pictures atleast at the booth: http://imgur.com/a/ezND4X0  (actually the first picture here with my face) and some other photos I took: http://imgur.com/a/jjWCcvZ

Sorry I missed you but it looks like you had a nice time...I noticed a certain ship along your photos:smiley-sw013:

EHzi6Nr.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, so finally home!

Did some work on the armor and glued the sniper plate on!

oG769rZ.jpg

I hope I took enough glue...:icon_beg:

krDGx13.jpg

VVptATM.jpg

Does the alignment look ok?

After that I drilled the holes one the ammo pack:

N1ZDXl8.jpg

Next I put it on the thigh:

QOQWSmD.jpg

Now I know why I've seen so many painted the rivets after they were set. THEY GET SCRUFFED UP! (Also I think the colour on them became a bit to yellow.:duimomlaag:)

92rLUIW.jpg

GhPnvuK.jpg

Atleast the ends are the same distance from the corners! (I've marked them they are about 1 cm each.)

6LvcRso.jpg

v3gX9Fg.jpg

Unfortunatly I couldn't split the rivet as much as I wanted, I may come back to those.

And now, a question:

Does these need to be trimmed a bit? Are they a bit wide?

fqmNWd3.jpg

Today I removed the clamps on the sniper plate:

bXckvgv.jpg

88FdVeA.jpg

Looks good?

And I made a bit more room behind the knee on the thighs:

Ufk7850.jpg

And the shins (also added velcro):

b1LZSRU.jpg

So, test fit time!:smiley-sw013:

kea4ohs.jpg

9pxMRyP.jpg

uh6qbNP.jpg

I think it fits kinda well? I should be able to walk up regular stairs...

I think the bracket system is up next!

Looking sharp, Jonas!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to purchase an under suit (compression suit).  Sweatpants are a lot bulkier, which can make it difficult to get accurate fitting, and since you will eventually need one for approval, might as well get it now.  They are available on Amazon or in sporting goods stores, but make sure they are plain black with no letters/symbols.

2YS2sE3.jpg?1  YMDRdp9.jpg?1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looking sharp, Jonas!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to purchase an under suit (compression suit).  Sweatpants are a lot bulkier, which can make it difficult to get accurate fitting, and since you will eventually need one for approval, might as well get it now.  They are available on Amazon or in sporting goods stores, but make sure they are plain black with no letters/symbols.

2YS2sE3.jpg?1  YMDRdp9.jpg?1

Hello Joseph, I have the undersuit that came with the armor still, I just didn't feel like putting it on at the moment.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Hello Joseph, I have the undersuit that came with the armor still, I just didn't feel like putting it on at the moment.

The undersuit can affect the fit greatly, especially against some normal trousers. Even a small amount can effect the fit by a lot so by fitting using trousers you may end up with a very loose fit. 

• Like 1

Just now, themaninthesuitcase said:

The undersuit can affect the fit greatly, especially against some normal trousers. Even a small amount can effect the fit by a lot so by fitting using trousers you may end up with a very loose fit. 

I know that, I have taken of as much of the return edge as I can, it can't be much more tighter. I have a bit skinny legs so I was already prepared to put in padding if needed. Thank you though.:)

7 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

I know that, I have taken of as much of the return edge as I can, it can't be much more tighter. I have a bit skinny legs so I was already prepared to put in padding if needed. Thank you though.:)

I have the same issue and adding a little foam padding helps to keep things in place ;) 

• Like 1

Getting ready for the bracket system, reinforcement strips are made since SDS has almost no return edge at all.

lJGvLrH.jpg

f66LIh8.jpg

Should I glue them on or should I just have them pinched between the screws and brackets?

So now I have started on the bracket system. I have made the holes, altough I don't particually like that there was almost no return edge to drill on.

DsyAaRF.jpg

doDf1Qd.jpg

q7paW0m.jpg

Ydla4XQ.jpg

t7xXv6P.jpg

3EE7mfW.jpg

I also made the holes for the side rivets!

Uix0Dxa.jpg

9AlX0xV.jpg

aG7xNmy.jpg

I could only glue a couple of the reinforcement strips as I don't have that many clamps.

LoGvWph.jpg

I have more time tomorrow, should I continue glueing the strips or just screw them on with the brackets? (Just trying to hurry to EP9 premiere!:lightemperor:)

• Like 1

If you find that it causes an excessive amount of cracking you could still keep the brackets without elastic and then add some inner snaps and elastic, would look accurate but keep it from cracking ;) 

• Like 1