LEGOeatPokemon's SDS Hero build

LEGOeatPokemon

Looks GREAT!!  The connecting line (see arrow) is a bit askew, but this is no biggie.  As long as your cover strips have an equal amount of space on both sides you are golden!

Y6qCefy.jpg

• Like 2

You’re doing great!

Just make sure your cover strips are trimmed evenly (long edges are parallel) and glued so they cover the joint,  and everything will look good.

When it comes time to do the legs, let me know. You don’t need to completely tear apart the calves.

I actually trimmed the overlap at the back with a pair of good scissors.

• Like 2

Soon are the forearms complete, did the right one today

WImCQIK.jpg

OmOh47i.jpg

KuEJQYr.jpg

Now I have glued on the first two covering strips for both arms

Left:

fRCQRUZ.jpg

bOjYX9g.jpg

And right:

vMfjHNq.jpg

lwowDxc.jpg

Also my cloth belt finally arrived!:laugh1: Soon I can start with it!

• Like 2

Awesome job.

I also forgot that I added Velcro to the tops of the boots, front and back, where the little pull tabs are.

I then added Velcro to the inside of the calves, front and back. This prevents the calves from riding up. Mine never move :)

So far in the package I have:

• Leather strip for holster
  • Aluminum strip for TD
  • Rivets, various sizes. I have lots of these left over
  • Helmet fans, two types. These are just the fans. You  will need to do some wiring for a power source, but at least you have these. I won't need them

I checked you shopping list and didn't see any of the following.

Question:

Do you need any of  this stuff?:

• Sticky Velcro in black and white. (can you find industrial strength near you?)
  • Line 20 or 24 snaps
  • Chicago screws
  • 2" White elastic strapping for shoulders.
  • Thin white elastic string to tie down the shoulder strap.
  •  
  • Like 1

Looking really nice, Jonas!  I noticed that you have a bit of E-6000 seepage under the cover strip.  Not to worry, this is to be expected.  This is super easy to remove, just carefully cut along the cover strip edge with a razor and them rub off the excess dried glue with your thumb.  

S3lJKvU.jpg

• Like 2

@Helotech Dave, I have taken care of everything that you mentioned, it's actually just the stuff we have talked about that's missing i.e leather strips, aluminum strips e.t.c.

I have ordered everything else and I have no problem finding velcro, thanks! :)

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon

Update:

I haven't had much time so far working with the armor, my brothers' birthday party is now on sunday. (And jedi fallen order released, it has some nice troopers!)

Atleast the forearms are done (may need padding since I have pretty thin arms.):mellow:

So... Progress?

I have started with the biceps and taken them apart, the stuff that they used as glue might be stronger than the plastic itself! :angry:

DE1KwvG.jpg

Tips on how to assemble them? Should I do same as with the forearms?

Also here is how they came out:

Left

8MI7vne.jpg

yepm2lw.jpg

And right

COdz95Y.jpg

3UfY7Ct.jpg

I also rounded out the edges of the covering strips :)

• Like 3

The forearms came out GREAT!  The only issue I can see is that even with your arm slightly bent it looks like the "scoop" is looking as if it will end up cutting into you (red arrow).  This can be safely opened up a bit like the right one is (if needed).  

dWZpb5G.jpg     RsFXI3j.jpg?1

For the thighs, remember that the cover strip should only go down as far as the top of the raised ridge.  If you have a gap between the thigh ridge connection this should ideally be filled with ABS paste or a small piece of ABS can be glued behind it.  You want to avoid this look: FVLjPRb.jpg?2  ;)

Fronts

mG49Nzc.jpg?1    E5L7eXO.jpg?1

Backs

BEY3WIy.jpg?1   RlW6Q3x.jpg?1

Also, when you get to this part, the back edges of the thigh ammo pack need to be an equal distance from the "corners" of the ridge at the rear.

SyTzqxd.jpg?1  J7iZwBU.jpg?1

• Like 2

I just posted up a thread this morning which may help for your journey to Centurion, Jonas:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/,  It contains info. on what we will be looking for when you apply, but keep those questions and photos coming!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I just posted up a thread this morning which may help for your journey to Centurion, Jonas:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/,  It contains info. on what we will be looking for when you apply, but keep those questions and photos coming!

Thanks! This is a great help!

Almost done with the biceps!

Go figure I didn't realise scissors were that much faster... :glare:

Left one after trimming:

mFF1TvW.jpg

gUhs8WS.jpg

I fixed the upper corners after taking these pictures

And both, glueing on the covering strips:

aWj5wUB.jpg

Hopefully I will get my package from ATA soon... I swear the postal services is out after me...:explodingemotie:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Almost done with the biceps!

Go figure I didn't realise scissors were that much faster... :glare:

Left one after trimming:

---image snip---

I fixed the upper corners after taking these pictures

And both, glueing on the covering strips:

---Image snip---

Hopefully I will get my package from ATA soon... I swear the postal services is out after me...:explodingemotie:

Maybe some rebels work there....

• Like 2

So, I got my package from ATA today, took a while.

In it contains new ears and a thigh ammo belt.

I might need to order new ab buttons as it was revealed to me through Josephs new CRL guide that I would need to change them.

All in due time. :)

• Like 1

So, today I finally finshed the biceps! I guess the arms are done now?

Left bicep:

zhujM3f.jpg

2jJSa2J.jpg

nnxGC37.jpg

GAxiLvj.jpg

And right bicep:

EUpPytl.jpg

Qbhls85.jpg

JADerao.jpg

GEbaUoA.jpg

It fits pretty well with the forearms! :)

0fQMPyh.jpg

7otVMGC.jpg

I guess I need some padding though.

Anyway I have some questions:

1. Does cut up car sponges work as padding?

2. As I have started moving to the legs, I have removed the sniper knee plate.

Do I need to cut it? It feels a little big for the top of the shin when not screwed on

FAw5lnH.jpg

bytFFd0.jpg

Maybe I should take away a bit of the bottom return edge of the plate?

It's not so much room for glueing

TSeoslL.jpg

Should I maybe take away some of the covering strip at the top?

ON7GKCk.jpg

3. I have removed some coverstrip on the right thigh for and making it ready for the new ATA ammo belt

The question is, how should I cut it?

0UlvpUz.jpg

Thats all for today!:duim:

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon
Hit enter too fast
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

So, today I finally finshed the biceps! I guess the arms are done now?   Close.. so close!

Does cut up car sponges work as padding?  Yes, but you may not need it.  Wait until your strapping is done, which may keep them from twisting.

Do I need to cut it? (Sniper knee plate) It feels a little big for the top of the shin when not screwed on.  See photos.

Maybe I should take away a bit of the bottom return edge of the plate?  Can you post a pic of the bottom of the knee plate?

Should I maybe take away some of the covering strip at the top?  Probably not needed.

The question is, how should I cut it?  Note rivet positions.  See references at bottom for positioning.

n8bO4JP.jpg?1

Tops should be trimmed down a bit to better match these-------------------------------------------------->  Reference images

xBPQXFs.jpg?1  jAt2uHh.jpg?1           TQSUjK8.jpg?1  Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2

May poke you!                                    PERFECTION!

5aAgq8m.jpg?2  dCHmCJn.jpg?1

Be aware that the back edges of ammo pack need to be an equal distance from the "corners" of the ridge at the rear as seen below.  You can trim the length if needed.

nlwDx7l.jpg?1    SyTzqxd.jpg?1  J7iZwBU.jpg?1

21 minutes ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

6 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Can you post a pic of the bottom of the knee plate?

Here you go!  @justjoseph63:)

oopOJ8O.jpg

I will certainly make those changes that you mentioned! Thank you!

You are very welcome, Jonas!  You can trim off all of the lower edge, which will allow it to sit a lot closer to the front of the calf.

V32zqXi.jpg

• Like 2

Before gluing the sniper knee on, remember that those holes will need to be filled with a dab of ABS paste.  Better (and easier) to do this before attaching it.  When filling them, place a piece of painter's tape behind them first.  Otherwise, the paste will drip right through the hole.  Hint:  Only use a DROP of the paste... just enough to fill the hole(s).  Saves you a lot of time when it comes to sanding them down level.  After sanding, a few minutes with some scratch remover and a quick polish and you are golden.

• Like 1