LEGOeatPokemon's SDS Hero build

LEGOeatPokemon

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Well then, seems we already met - I’m the Sandtrooper :)

That is one HECK of a coincidence!  Sorry they cancelled that event for this year, but at least next year you will BOTH be in armor!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Oh, that was you! Haha! That's a nice surprise! :0Lighten:

Sure wasB)

53 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

That is one HECK of a coincidence!  Sorry they cancelled that event for this year, but at least next year you will BOTH be in armor!

Yeah and I was just randomly looking through some Trooping pics and was like ”now what a minute....this guy look familiar...?” :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Sure wasB)

Yeah and I was just randomly looking through some Trooping pics and was like ”now what a minute....this guy look familiar...?” :)

Sometimes coincidences just happen. Probably the Force being at work... (had one of those funny coincidences, too last year when i met exactly that one TK that gave me a Pointer to a event where the 501st was. (there were enough TKs and visitors to lower the chances).

• Like 2

That’s a pretty cool coincidence though.
Your helmet paint job looks great Jonas, you just can’t beat doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Update time!

So after doing a couple of troops the inevideble happened:

BccO0N2.jpg

One of my bridges went kaput! :(

Luckily it was at home on my little sister's birthday party so it went well with only some tape for the moment.

I contacted ATA again and ordered a new pair, and as I was already buying things, I bought some new button panels too for centurion.

The new bridges both have pros and cons, they are thicker than the old ones and should be sturdier, but they dont have the same details or shade of white as the old ones:

iroFnSx.jpg

I hope it will go well though, the shade of white shouldn't be that noticable if you're not looking for it.

Well, I may be painting the buttons tomorrow.

Yd92MGS.jpg

I think I will continue to use this thread as a repair and upgrade thread for later. :)

Looks like they are a slightly softer pull, I have seen a few odd looking pieces from ATA of late.

I found a small crack on one of my straps so immediately added some glue and a piece of ABS behind to strengthen.

• Like 1

It also looks as if they are longer (a good thing).  For closer screen accuracy, you can cut off the large rear tab if you have enough overlap over the tabs on the back plate.  This was done on all TKs, both Stunt and Hero.

xJnwjd6.jpg    Jp5K0FE.jpg?2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, since centurion500 became announced today I took a shot at all the things recommended by @justjoseph63 in my EI request

Touched up the vocoder and brought it up a bit:

PAvGxov.jpg

Hopefully fixed the distance between the left bicep and bell, and the distance between right bell and shoulder

tg3Qiej.jpg

zK1wYbd.jpg

Fixed the sniper knee

LN4mDlI.jpg

CchsR5R.jpg

Moved the hengstler counter forward on the E-11 (BTW can I remove the plastic cables, they are really in the way?)

1Ob4r23.jpg

ii4KmQk.jpg

And lastly, shortened the strip on the TD

ZhSNDin.jpg

I should be able to request centurion tomorrow as some glue dries, hopefully it will go well:).

• Like 2

You could also have your screws closer to the ends of the clips.

QKiTB7a.jpg?2&key=a343169ced8828b5782286

Great work on the fixes, hope to see you at centurion soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Forgot to update, Centurion approved #477! :dancing-trooper:

Congratulations once again trooper, it was worth the extra work :salute:

• Like 1