LEGOeatPokemon's SDS Hero build

LEGOeatPokemon

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

Honestly, I’d say if you’re happy with the overall look, just leave it as is.

That's a relief really, thank you for your info. :salute:

While I could look into it and maybe tinker with it, I have neither the energy or experience. Maybe if I build a stunt some other time?

This is one of the times I just wished I had bought a kit and not a commision from someone else than SDS. :glare:

There has been so many modifications and resizings that I believe it would have been easier to just have started from the beginning myself.

Almost done though, hoping to atleast get it to EI!

That's a relief really, thank you for your info. :salute:

While I could look into it and maybe tinker with it, I have neither the energy or experience. Maybe if I build a stunt some other time?

This is one of the times I just wished I had bought a kit and not a commision from someone else than SDS. :glare:
There has been so many modifications and resizings that I believe it would have been easier to just have started from the beginning myself.

Almost done though, hoping to atleast get it to EI!

Stick with it, mate. You’ve done a really good job with the mods here! :-)
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

While I could look into it and maybe tinker with it, I have neither the energy or experience.

For me , the Helmet is the most challenging part of the armor build process. :6: 

Keep on doing a great job mate.

Cheers

• Like 2

Is E6000 good for gluing plastic foam to plastic?

I planning on padding up the armour soon.

Also, should I maybe velcro the visor on, so it's removable?

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon
  • Like 1

If you are using the foam as padding, I wouldn't suggest gluing it directly to your armor.  The reason being is that we sweat, plain and simple, and over time the foam will start to smell.  When I needed padding under the front of my left calf, I cut a strip of foam, glued Velcro to one side and attached the other side of the Velcro to the area where I needed it to stay.  This way I can remove it on occasion and clean it.

Once you install the visor you really shouldn't ever need to remove it, so you can use whichever method you like.  I use Sugru on all mine.  It is available to order in Sweden here.

• Like 1

Last things!

Finished padding the helmet and adding @ukswrath fan system, I think it came out pretty nice:

qWXV55U.jpg

hRskq7H.jpg

Also put on some velcro tabs on the boots, for attaching to the shins:

yuFfb67.jpg

My pre-approval thread will come soon, will post when it's up

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

I'm approved! :smiley-sw013:

YOU DID IT, Jonas, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the 501st, brother!!!  :salute:   You took on a huge challenge, and did it the right way by asking for advice, paying attention to details and starting this awesome ""re-build" thread.  Dang I'm proud of ya'!

First, you should request Legion access here on the FISD.  Just go to this thread and A.C. will get you hooked up with that so you will have your TK title and number listed below your name.  It will also open up new areas on the main page.

After that, I hope you will consider aiming for EI level!  ;)

I hope you will hang out here on the boards as often as you can and stay involved in our little community.  With all that you've learned, hopefully you will consider passing on that knowledge to those who were in your shoes and help to carry on our unofficial motto:  "Troopers helping Troopers" (and future Troopers)!

1 minute ago, justjoseph63 said:

YOU DID IT, Jonas, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the 501st, brother!!!  :salute:   You took on a huge challenge, and did it the right way by asking for advice, paying attention to details and starting this awesome ""re-build" thread.  Dang I'm proud of ya'!

First, you should request Legion access here on the FISD.  Just go to this thread and A.C. will get you hooked up with that so you will have your TK title and number listed below your name.  It will also open up new areas on the main page.

After that, I hope you will consider aiming for EI level!  ;)

I hope you will hang out here on the boards as often as you can and stay involved in our little community.  With all that you've learned, hopefully you will consider passing on that knowledge to those who were in your shoes and carry on out unofficial motto:  "Troopers helping Troopers" (and future Troopers)!

Well, I also really need to thank everyone who helped me, I couldn't do this on my own and this forum has been a real blessing for me! :engel:

I would like to thank you, Joseph for all your help and tips, but also those sweet handguards!

I would also like to thank Dave @Helotech for helping starting this build and showing how he did his. He also sent me some of his spare parts!

Thank yous to both Glen @gmrhodes13 and Mario @TKSpartan for all their help as well showing how it's done!

And last, but not least, Daniel @TheSwede for sending me some parts and approving my build!

If I missed someone, do know you have my gratitude. :salute:

Now a review of the build.

I curse myself for not researching before buying this armour, but it worked out in the end.

There where many ups and downs in how it went and I do not think this build was made easier being a re-build.

I often wished I had just ordered a kit, it would have made this whole thing much easier (and I think cheaper too).

However despite all this, it worked out in the end and I can call myself an Imperial Stormtrooper! :smiley-sw013:

Typical this virus thing happened now, so my first troop will probably be in a while. :glare:

EI coming soon!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Typical this virus thing happened now, so my first troop will probably be in a while. :glare:

Look on the bright side... now you have the time to get to Centurion before your first troop!  :D   This thread will give you a head start.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Well, I also really need to thank everyone who helped me, I couldn't do this on my own and this forum has been a real blessing for me!

You're welcome mate, we all are happy for you to achieve your goal and there's always a blessing in helping someone else.

Meanwhile this virus thing ends, you can train trooping along home and share some nice photos with us  :dancing-trooper:.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, TheSwede said:

Fingers crossed you’ll get to put it to good use sooner rather than later:)

Amen, brother.

• Like 1